Pendragon - Men Who Climb Mountains CD (album) cover

MEN WHO CLIMB MOUNTAINS

Pendragon

javajeff
4 stars This is a very good album that I have been avoiding due to lukewarm reviews. I finally took the plunge, and I am glad I did. I have no idea why there are any negative reviews since it fits in nicely with their catalog of other releases. I believe that The Masquerade Overture or Pure are likely their best, but Men Who Climb Mountains is easily as good as Passion. I would have no trouble recommending Men Who Climb Mountains as a starting point for new listeners as well. It has excellent songwriting and musicianship, and the Pendragon sound that has been perfected over the years. The high points of the album for me are For When the Zombies Come and Explorers of the Infinite, that inject all the prog goodness one could expect. I am really enjoying the album, and have started going through their back releases to feed the addition.
javajeff | 4/5 |