Eloy - The Vision the Sword and the Pyre (Part I) CD (album) cover

THE VISION THE SWORD AND THE PYRE (PART I)

Eloy

Psychedelic/Space Rock

javajeff
5 stars This is not a typical Eloy release, but does have their signature sound with excellent musicianship and that spacey, atmospheric music. Expect stellar bass lines that highlight some highly original compositions from the band. The Vision the Sword and the Pyre (Part I) is a concept album, and Frank Bonneman calls it a "rock opera on the subject of Jeanne d'Arc." Anke Renner provides some excellent vocals that bring this album to life. It takes several listens to fully appreciate the complexity put into this creation, and it is an excellent addition to an already amazing catalog of albums. After spending some time with The Vision the Sword and the Pyre (Part I), I can safely say that I enjoy it as much as any classic Eloy release. It seriously has the same magic formula that is present in their best albums. I love the concept, and eagerly await part 2. Brilliant!
javajeff | 5/5 |