Peter Hammill - From The Trees CD (album) cover

FROM THE TREES

Peter Hammill

javajeff
4 stars This is another fantastic release from Peter Hammill, and a very welcome addition. He is an excellent song writer, and provides a vocal performance and phrasing like no one else. With such an enormous catalog of albums, finding new ground must be a huge challenge. The first thing I noticed with this recording beyond the sparse instrumentation is the layered vocals. Some of the backing vocals sound like there are contributors on this album. From The Trees does not deviate much from other of his modern releases, but surely progresses and advances his unique sound. There are no bad tracks on the album, but What Lies Ahead, On Deaf Ears, and Torpor are early standouts for me. I am a huge fan, and can listen to his material for hours. From the Trees is another adventure that I will enjoy in my collection. 4.5/5. Thank you Peter.
javajeff | 4/5 |