Gandalf's Fist - A Day in the Life of a Universal Wanderer (Special Edition) CD (album) cover

A DAY IN THE LIFE OF A UNIVERSAL WANDERER (SPECIAL EDITION)

Gandalf's Fist

CeeJayGee
2 stars I enjoyed the 2013 release of Gandalf's Fist's A Day In The Life Of A Universal Wanderer and I checked back to see how it is rated in its year of release ? it is currently 67th. I was a little surprised to see the Deluxe Edition newly released appear high up in the 2017 album chart. I was expecting a longer / dramatically developed album. The 2013 release has 11 tracks and the 2017 release 15 tracks. The weakest track on the 2013 release, Maze of Corridors has been dispensed with and is replaced by The Stowaway and the Endless Night, a fine addition. Otherwise the extra tracks are short narrative fillers. I rated the original album a four star in its year of release but for me this album should not be riding high in the 2017 chart and I have rated it two stars for that reason alone. However I accept that it is difficult for any annual ratings chart to distinguish re-releases, which this effectively is, from original studio albums (ironically the album currently No 2 in the 2013 chart is the re-release of Camel's The Snowgoose!).
CeeJayGee | 2/5 |