Mr. Gil - I Want You to Get Back Home CD (album) cover

I WANT YOU TO GET BACK HOME

Mr. Gil

poito
5 stars Only one year after the surprising change of format for the album LIGHT AND SOUND, monsieur Gil surprised me again with an even better collection of themes. Strange the road Gil took after COLLAGE disbanded. The instrument lineup is uncommon for prog, kinda symphonic chamber group, a piano, a cello and a male singer. So simple, so good' The piano makes the base and the melody, and the cello Paulina Druch enters with the salt, kinda riff, kinda solo, but always smooth, sensitive, subtle, majestic, rich, evocative. And the singer Karol Wroblewski, whose pitch I did not like much in the first SKELLIG, well he is here simply superb, he sings like angels, as another instrument, perfectly dueting the cello. I would highlight no more than a dozen singers as adding value to Prog music since 60's. Karol is one. The formula is magic. It may appear a bit too intimate, but the more you play the album the more feelings you get out of it, and not necessarily melancholic. Pity they did not follow in the same track. I think that Gil made the grade in this album. Please, Mr Gil, I beg you, give us more of this. All tracks are superb, I would not stand one out, perhaps would skip tracks # 2. 'Time', 'In Your Heart', 'Change Your Name' 'Fix My Arms', 'Start Again ', 'God Night', 'Come Home'. I just have to write the titles, kind of tribute. Don't miss it. This will be a new point of view.
poito | 5/5 |