The Ocean - Heliocentric CD (album) cover

HELIOCENTRIC

The Ocean

Experimental/Post Metal

javajeff
4 stars I just started listening to The Ocean, and I am thoroughly enjoying the catalog of albums. Heliocentric is the least heavy album from the group, but it follows a more traditional progressive metal path rather than the extreme nature of the other releases. I absolutely love their top albums that mix extreme metal, metalcore, and progressive rock. However, Heliocentric has superb songwriting wrapped in a nice, neat, metaphysical box. It is an underrated release, and one that should be revisited and reviewed on it's own merit. Like other albums, it has excellent musicianship and stellar mastering that makes the bass and drums pop. Anyone not familiar with them would feel right at home if they are fans of Between The Buried and Me, another band I love. This is great stuff, and highly recommended.
javajeff | 4/5 |