Gungfly - Friendship CD (album) cover

FRIENDSHIP

Gungfly

javajeff
5 stars Rikard Sj÷blom has written some masterful songs on this new Gungfly release. Track "They Fade" provides some lyrical genius like something you would hear from Simon and Garfunkel, while song Stone Cold just rocks the house. "If You Fall, Pt. 2" and "Friendship" are tracks more like the Beardfish days, and the entire album still has the style, and songwriting that you would expect from all of his previous albums to date. Friendship is 13:41 or the while If You Fall, Pt. 2 is 12:51, so there is no focus on commercialization. It feels like Rikard is writing music from true passion and a love for music. Overall, it is an eclectic release, with a bunch of songs that will suck you in. I have been listening to it nonstop since I bought it, and that is usually an indicator of the quality of any release. On Her Journey To The Sun felt more like a complete Beardfish album while Friendship shows many different styles and influences. While it does not sound like a Big Big Train album, the musical diversity continues to prevail in Friendship. I have Friendship with the Bonus tracks, and Slow Dancer and Past Generation are stellar additions. The album ends with a radio edit, a 6:30 version of Friendship. This was placed as the last track so people have an option to skip it. Any fan of Rikard or Beardfish should love Friendship, and progressive music fans have a lot to enjoy on this release. The more I listen to it, the more I feel every single note is just perfect.
javajeff | 5/5 |