Riverside - Second Life Syndrome CD (album) cover

SECOND LIFE SYNDROME

Riverside

javajeff
5 stars I have been listening to Second Life Syndrome a lot lately since the new album Wasteland came out, and my rating for it has gone way up. It is masterful prog perfection up there with the best progressive rock of all time. While this is progressive metal, it is not really that much heavier than Rush and of course clean vocals... and Mariusz Duda has one of the best voices out there. What it does have is a concept, incredible musicianship, and flawless execution. After listening to this for some time, it just feels like every note is perfectly placed, and that for me is what makes an instant classic. I am a fan of progressive metal, and I place Second Life Syndrome among the best ever created. Since the band lost a key member and produced the excellent Wasteland, this is still a benchmark that is hard to beat. You cannot go wrong with any album in the Riverside catalog, but Second Life Syndrome needs to be one of your first purchases. I originally rated this album in 2013 at 4.5/5, but in 2018 I upgrade that to an enthusiastic 5/5.
javajeff | 5/5 |