Forum Home Forum Home > Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements > Help us improve the site
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Biographies Needing Attention

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 20>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
NotAProghead View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotAProghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Biographies Needing Attention
    Posted: June 05 2024 at 14:18
^ Thanks, done.
Also added cross-references on Mark MURDOCK and CYMBALIC ENCOUNTERS pages.
Who are you and who am I to say we know the reason why... (D. Gilmour)
Prog Network View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Prog Network Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 03 2024 at 17:30
Also, I've noticed that the biography for Mark Murdock contains some unusual question marks throughout. Possibly this can be fixed as well? Thanks! Thumbs Up

Progarchives - https://www.progarchives.com/artist.asp?id=12652

Edited by Prog Network - June 03 2024 at 17:31
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote NotAProghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 03 2024 at 17:30
^ Thanks, but I think it's unnecessary for the bio. 
And you already placed this info on the album page.
Prog Network View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Prog Network Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 03 2024 at 16:59
Possibly this can be added into Kopilott's biography?

The band would release their sophomore album, simply titled "II," in 2024, further exploring a more progressive sound. Like their debut album, which featured a cover, this album includes a cover of "Maggot Brain" by Funkadelic.

Progarchives - https://www.progarchives.com/artist.asp?id=12735

Edited by Prog Network - June 03 2024 at 17:00
Logan View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Logan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2024 at 16:14
^ If you ever want the updated bio or any changes, best would be to post the bio as you want it here in this thread, and album revisions in another for the Errors and Omissions Team to see, and then I or another admin (Ian, Nogbad, is much better at this stuff than I) can add the bio at some time (I suggest combining the old one with the new info). That avoids unsatisfactory issues like we had with the album (E&O might have thought of a better solution to not including a complete list of personnel involved and would do the formatting as well as I).

Edited by Logan - May 11 2024 at 16:31
Valdez1 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Valdez1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2024 at 14:46
Ok then

Edited by Valdez1 - May 11 2024 at 14:56
https://bakullama1.bandcamp.com/
Valdez1 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Valdez1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2024 at 12:48
Thanks for the help Logan!   
Logan View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Logan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2024 at 18:15
^ Sounds good; no hurry on my behalf.  I can do it tomorrow evening, or if you are, say, busy tomorrow, just PM me with the changes when you can.
Valdez1 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Valdez1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2024 at 18:12
Originally posted by Logan Logan wrote:

[QUOTE=Valdez1] If any admin is willing to help me out, I'd like to remove our bands old bio (it's really out of date) and change the track listings on a recent release.  I can PM the changes by tomorrow afternoon.  Pretty sure I cannot get in to edit by myself.
Thanks.

If you PM the changes to me, I should be free to do that tomorrow.

Thanks Logan... I will PM them to you tomorrow afternoon.  Much appreciated.
Logan View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Logan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2024 at 18:08
Originally posted by Valdez1 Valdez1 wrote:

If any admin is willing to help me out, I'd like to remove our bands old bio (it's really out of date) and change the track listings on a recent release.  I can PM the changes by tomorrow afternoon.  Pretty sure I cannot get in to edit by myself.
Thanks.

If you PM the changes to me, I should be free to do that tomorrow.
Valdez1 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Valdez1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2024 at 18:06
If any admin is willing to help me out, I'd like to remove our bands old bio (it's really out of date) and change the track listings on a recent release.  I can PM the changes by tomorrow afternoon.  Pretty sure I cannot get in to edit by myself.
Thanks.
yam yam View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yam yam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2024 at 19:54
Originally posted by Gordy Gordy wrote:

Things look pretty sparse and grim for Blood Incantation and Warforged, the former a big name in the modern metal scene. Would anyone be down to step up to the plate and help them out?

https://www.progarchives.com/artist.asp?id=11100

https://www.progarchives.com/artist.asp?id=11180

There are loads of artists with less than three lines in their biography. Julien ran one of his scripts on the database back in February 2021 and found 135 such cases, which he listed in order of increasing character count here.

I dug something out for the first two of those a short while back, since all they originally had for a biography was 'tbc', but my method of compiling biographies purely from info already existing on the Internet (since I am not personally familiar with any of these artists) isn't universally approved by all PA SCs.

You'll probably find that the majority of the rest of them still need attention.
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotAProghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 26 2024 at 15:37
^ I can only wonder why these bands were added with such poor bios.Confused
I think it's a Prog-Metal Team's case, unless someone would suggest proper biographies.
Gordy View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Folk/Eclectic/PSIKE/Metal Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gordy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 24 2024 at 21:19
Things look pretty sparse and grim for Blood Incantation and Warforged, the former a big name in the modern metal scene. Would anyone be down to step up to the plate and help them out?

https://www.progarchives.com/artist.asp?id=11100

https://www.progarchives.com/artist.asp?id=11180
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotAProghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 23 2023 at 08:15
^ I think so too. Clap

Edited by NotAProghead - June 23 2023 at 08:17
yam yam View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yam yam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 22 2023 at 19:08
^ Thanks. If Uri ever responds to either of our messages, and follows the link to his band's PA page, I'm sure he'll be happy with what we've written. Thumbs Up
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotAProghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 22 2023 at 17:59
^ Good point. Thanks, David. Done, without emotions. Smile
yam yam View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yam yam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 22 2023 at 17:13
Originally posted by NotAProghead NotAProghead wrote:

^ Thanks, David, let it be compiled.

Now I thought, what if we "try a little tenderness" (i.e. keep some emotions from Uri's FB page)?
I'd suggest to add quotes:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

:

:

Musically speaking 'The Mist Within' is a very diverse album in which the band tried to describe a kind of journey - the entrance into the fog or the unknown, the hard and winding road within, and the exit into the light at the end. Singer/guitarist Uri MANN also describes it as dealing with various difficulties such as trauma, death, false love, harmful urges, loneliness, and seeking help and support.

Singer/guitarist Uri MANN recalls:

“We tried to describe a kind of journey. The entrance into the fog, into the unknown, the hard and winding road in it, and the exit into the light at the end. Perhaps a bit like the process of twilight today, through night until the wounding dawn; or from the beginning of autumn, through the harsh winter and until the blooming spring at last.

From my point of view it is actually an internal journey, into our own hearts. Dealing with various difficulties such as trauma, death, false love, harmful urges, loneliness, and seeking help and support.

Musically speaking, it's a very diverse album. Maybe too diverse even.

Blood, sweat and tears were invested in it, literally - I sweated in exhausting singing recording sessions, I got cut while changing strings, and at a certain point towards the end I also had to cry in frustration.

I clearly remember how Alex and I sat for 3 days in a row (the last of which ended at 6am) to finish the mixing in time, that we'll be able to send the disc to print before the holidays.

But that's it, in the end we got through it all. We released the album, and launched it in an amazing show, which was perhaps one of the most amazing evenings I've ever had in my life. I will never forget the love and the compliments I felt from the audience, this warm and amazing energy that filled every inch of my body during the performance, the adrenaline, the dopamine, serotonin... And the most fun, is that I could share this wonderful feeling, with my amazing friends at LI'ED. Love you guys!

I still enjoy listening to this album with pride and a little smile, and eager to start working on the next album."

:

:

=========== Compiled from various sources by David (yam yam), June 2023 =============

What do you think?

We'd definitely need to get his permission to quote him directly, and I don't really think a band leader's personal recollection of how the creation of an album felt for him, especially in such depth as this, really belongs in a biography. I'd leave all the text in the third person, and just briefly summarize what the band were trying to convey with their music, based on Uri's personal interpretation of it.
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote NotAProghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 22 2023 at 14:55
Originally posted by AlanB AlanB wrote:

Here's my rewritten biography ........................

Alan, your work on NEAL MORSE bio is highly appreciated by Symphonic Team:
Originally posted by progaardvark progaardvark wrote:

... this rewrite seems fine to me...
Originally posted by rdtprog rdtprog wrote:

I wouldn't change anything about those corrections since a lot of work has been done. I will simply copy.

Done

Clap
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotAProghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 22 2023 at 14:48
^ Thanks, David, let it be compiled.

Now I thought, what if we "try a little tenderness" (i.e. keep some emotions from Uri's FB page)?
I'd suggest to add quotes:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

LI'ED Biography.

Formed January 2009, Mevaseret Zion, Jerusalem, Israel.

LI'ED is a Progressive Metal band from Jerusalem, Israel which composes complex and atmospheric music, and uses different musical styles and elements in its compositions.

LI'ED was initially a five-piece band consisting of Uri MANN (vocals, guitars), Noam Barom ELIYAHU (guitars), Nadav GREENHUT (keyboards, synths, orchestral effects), Yitskhak KANNAY (bass) and Shai TUOBOL (drums, percussion). With this line up they released a three-track EP called 'Into The Mist' in January 2013, before adding Hadar FLEXER on vocals in the summer of that year.

Uri MANN had actually begun composing songs with the intention of releasing an album back in high school in 2007, and 'Into The Mist' consisted of early versions of three of these songs. The final finished album, called 'The Mist Within', took almost ten years to complete - including over two years in production - and eventually consisted of 9 tracks spread across 59 minutes of music.

Musically speaking 'The Mist Within' is a very diverse album in which the band tried to describe a kind of journey - the entrance into the fog or the unknown, the hard and winding road within, and the exit into the light at the end. Singer/guitarist Uri MANN also describes it as dealing with various difficulties such as trauma, death, false love, harmful urges, loneliness, and seeking help and support.

Singer/guitarist Uri MANN recalls:

“We tried to describe a kind of journey. The entrance into the fog, into the unknown, the hard and winding road in it, and the exit into the light at the end. Perhaps a bit like the process of twilight today, through night until the wounding dawn; or from the beginning of autumn, through the harsh winter and until the blooming spring at last.

From my point of view it is actually an internal journey, into our own hearts. Dealing with various difficulties such as trauma, death, false love, harmful urges, loneliness, and seeking help and support.

Musically speaking, it's a very diverse album. Maybe too diverse even.

Blood, sweat and tears were invested in it, literally - I sweated in exhausting singing recording sessions, I got cut while changing strings, and at a certain point towards the end I also had to cry in frustration.

I clearly remember how Alex and I sat for 3 days in a row (the last of which ended at 6am) to finish the mixing in time, that we'll be able to send the disc to print before the holidays.

But that's it, in the end we got through it all. We released the album, and launched it in an amazing show, which was perhaps one of the most amazing evenings I've ever had in my life. I will never forget the love and the compliments I felt from the audience, this warm and amazing energy that filled every inch of my body during the performance, the adrenaline, the dopamine, serotonin... And the most fun, is that I could share this wonderful feeling, with my amazing friends at LI'ED. Love you guys!

I still enjoy listening to this album with pride and a little smile, and eager to start working on the next album."

There were many guest musicians involved in the recording process, who added choral effects and woodwind instruments to the finished mix of several songs, and the album release show was held at Yellow Submarine in Jerusalem on Tuesday October 18th 2016.

LI'ED's music is best described as progressive rock with a heavy edge. Their musical pieces include frequent and drastic dynamic shifts; as well as an extensive use of odd time signatures, syncopation, complex harmonic passages and counter-point. Their musical style is based on many genres of music evident in different parts of their pieces, such as Jazz, Blues, Flamenco, Folk, and different styles of Classical music.

The band cite various artists as their influences, including Prog-Metal bands such as OPETH, PORCUPINE TREE and DREAM THEATER; early Prog bands such as PINK FLOYD, KING CRIMSON and YES; countrymates ORPHANED LAND, Matti CASPI and Yoni RECHTER and the classical composers BACH, BEETHOVEN, MOZART and SCHUBERT.

As of June 2023, a follow-up album is believed to be in its advanced stages - apparently to be called 'Dybbuk'. A Dybbuk is a disembodied human spirit in the Jewish folklore that, because of former sins, wanders restlessly until it finds a body of a living person to possess.

=========== Compiled from various sources by David (yam yam), June 2023 =============

What do you think?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 20>