Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Music Lounge
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Kit Watkins

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BobNagy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Kit Watkins
    Posted: May 24 2024 at 18:35
Hello folks !

If you are a fan of Kit Watkins, as I am, you may find it interesting to know about a new album project in progress, featuring Kit on keyboards of course, myself on guitar and bass, and Anthony Taddeo on drums, plus other guest artists as the mood strikes.  Please head on over to KitWatkins.com for more info !

Cheers !

Bob
mellotronwave View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mellotronwave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2024 at 01:24
thanks for the news :-)
"Mellotron is to progrock what watercolor is to painting. Diaphanous and mesmerizing"
BobNagy View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BobNagy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2024 at 07:01
I should also mention that there are two songs of this album already completed.  Both are available for streaming and download, for free, on Kit's website.  He also has a link there to a bandcamp page for this project, where these two songs are also available for free.  More songs will be posted in both places as they are completed.  Stay tuned (pun intended) !

Also, the first song completed, called Four Mary (Ott), is also available with accompanying slide show video, on my You Tube channel, here :

Cheers !

Bob

verslibre View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote verslibre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2024 at 10:22
Originally posted by BobNagy BobNagy wrote:

Also, the first song completed, called Four Mary (Ott), is also available with accompanying slide show video, on my You Tube channel, here :

Very cool! Btw, I know I've heard that before. Did you post it elsewhere? Your name's familiar. Either way, looking forward to the completion of the project.
moshkito View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moshkito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2024 at 11:42
Hi,

Nice to see Kit still active and doing wonderful work.

He allowed me to use some of his photographs, at one time, and I have always appreciated the kind heart behind it ... and in my ears, the music has that feel for me.

Good to know and hear Kit is still playing, and keeping many of us very happy!
Music is not just for listening ... it is for LIVING ... you got to feel it to know what's it about! Not being told!
www.pedrosena.com
ProcolWho? View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProcolWho? Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2024 at 22:45
Same age as Kit, been a fan from day 1

Nice to see he's still  producing great music.

Relistening  to Labyrinth now, its been a while . 

Edited by ProcolWho? - May 25 2024 at 22:51
Jacob Schoolcraft View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jacob Schoolcraft Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2024 at 14:32
Imho Labyrinth could have easily been a Happy The Man album. As a matter of fact several of the pieces are high ranking alongside Crafty Hands and the first album. If these pieces had some Sax and guitar they would be killer Happy The Man instrumentals that "The Falcon" and certain other pieces from Better Late could never hold a candle to.

If the band had stayed together it would have been completely unreal if they had Eye Of The Storm, and At The Edge Of This Thought compiled with several pieces from Labyrinth...that would have been one hell of a Happy The Man album. Imo...overall it would have been a more consistent album than the Happy The Man 3rd Better Late album.

The album In Time ...not too much. Periodically it sounds like ideas that Kit Watkins injected into Happy The Man or stylistically based on that kind of composition. But it is not like Labyrinth. From the very first track onward ..every piece has melodic passion and rhythmically similar to what you'd generally hear on one of the great Happy The Man albums. Labyrinth to me is reminiscent of the composition on Crafty Hands and the self titled.

verslibre View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote verslibre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2024 at 14:43
Originally posted by Jacob Schoolcraft Jacob Schoolcraft wrote:

Imho Labyrinth could have easily been a Happy The Man album. As a matter of fact several of the pieces are high ranking alongside Crafty Hands and the first album. If these pieces had some Sax and guitar they would be killer Happy The Man instrumentals that "The Falcon" and certain other pieces from Better Late could never hold a candle to.

Yeah, Labyrinth is essential listening for anybody who drools over keyboard prog, in any style. Just beautiful.

AFlowerKingCrimson View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AFlowerKingCrimson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2024 at 16:40
I have his blue compilation album. Good stuff.
Progosopher View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Progosopher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 28 2024 at 23:29
Sounds interesting! I will keep my eyes and ears open.

The world of sound is certainly capable of infinite variety and, were our sense developed, of infinite extensions. -- George Santayana, "The Sense of Beauty"
 Post Reply Post Reply