Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Polls
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Most Pop by The Big Six

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Poll Question: Which band made the most Pop tune?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
1 [2.22%]
0 [0.00%]
30 [66.67%]
2 [4.44%]
9 [20.00%]
3 [6.67%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Mortte View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mortte Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 01 2018 at 00:06
Naturally itīs Invisible Touch. Itīs one of the only albums I havenīt listened as a whole for years, leaving away that tittle song and "In Too Deep". Maybe Iīll try to listen it as whole some of these days.
The Dark Elf View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Dark Elf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 30 2018 at 12:40
By the point of "Invisible Touch", Genesis sucked.
...a vigorous circular motion hitherto unknown to the people of this area, but destined
to take the place of the mud shark in your mythology...
Hercules View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hercules Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 30 2018 at 12:37
If Genesis had changed their name when Steve Hackett left and relaunched as a new band, I'd have forgiven them and praised them as a good pop band, because some of their songs are very good for that genre.

But doing it under the Genesis name - never!

Edited by Hercules - June 30 2018 at 12:37
A TVR is not a car. It's a way of life.
tboyd1802 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tboyd1802 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 30 2018 at 09:22
Who am I to argue !-)
He neither drank, smoked, nor rode a bicycle. Living frugally, saving his money, he died early, surrounded by greedy relatives. It was a great lesson to me -- John Barrymore
Manuel View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Manuel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 30 2018 at 08:00
"Invisible Touch", followed very closely by "Owner of a Lonely Heart". I can hardly tolerate listening to them.

Edited by Manuel - June 30 2018 at 08:00
twosteves View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote twosteves Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 30 2018 at 07:55
actually think Genesis did some good pop--like" In too Deep". At least Adele liked it so she sayid in an interview lol. I mean is "Invisible Touch" as good a pop song as " I want to hold your hand"? Genesis wrote a lot of good popish music thanks to Phil Collins mostly. And Trevor Rabin said he wished Yes could be like them but Rabin can't write a lot of good pop just mediocre pop---with the exception of "Love will find a way" which is a good pop song.
Tom Ozric View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom Ozric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 30 2018 at 06:13
Yep - Genesis. Down to that hideously ‘plastic’ and synthetic sounding production, claptrap and all......
deafmoon View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deafmoon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 30 2018 at 06:10
I'm going with Genesis as having the most Pop tune here. I mean once Phil pulled the money train out of the station and Mike and Tony hopped on, it just got less and less prog to my ears. 
Deafmoon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12