Pink Floyd - Dark Side Of The Moon CD (album) cover

DARK SIDE OF THE MOON

Pink Floyd

Psychedelic/Space Rock

Roane
5 stars I bought and discovered this album in 1977, i.e. 4 years after its release. I was fifteen and it was my first rock album purchase... I can take it like a sign... I couldn't realize what it was going to become but I immediately had been fascinated by that performance. Forty years later things haven't changed. What to say more than the facts? Dark side of the moon has been the third album the most sold in the world (after Thriller/MJ and Back in Black-AC/DC that I love too as I have also been a fan of hard rock and metal in my life), and has been present in the US billboard almost 18 years! They are the lonely ones... Here indeed you have all that makes a masterpiece: First, Pink Floyd are those who invented this style, atmospheric and so melodic approach that they had introduced with Meddle and that became an achievement with Dark side and Wish you were here; Golden age... then melodies are exceptional, technical performance obviously higher than never and finally, production is new at that time. Imagine that Money, nevertheless a very good song known by everybody in the world, is the lonely song in my opinion a bit below the level of others. When I listen it again and when comes the end with Brain damage and Eclipse, tears still come... probably the best album of all the times, Dark side on the moon but Eternal light for us on Earth...
Roane | 5/5 |