Grand Tour - Heavy On The Beach CD (album) cover

HEAVY ON THE BEACH

Grand Tour

javajeff
4 stars If you have to buy one album in 2015, this should be it. Joe Cairney's vocals are excellent, the musicianship is phenomenal, and the lyrics are superb and catchy. Heavy On The Beach is a masterpiece in every sense of the word, and should be in every prog fan's catalog. There are some amazing albums this year from some of my favorite bands, but I still return to this album the most. If you want to evaluate an album based on listens, then this will win for me followed closely by A Spark In The Aether - The Music That Died Alone: Volume Two by The Tangent, +4626 - Comfortzone by Beardfish, and Home by Sylvan. This is turning out to be an exceptional year for prog, but this gem should not be overlooked by anyone. I love a great concept album, and this is already a favorite. This first album is so organic, so natural, and everything works perfect.
javajeff | 4/5 |