Dream Theater - Images And Words CD (album) cover

IMAGES AND WORDS

Dream Theater

marcobrusa
4 stars My favourite DT album. Favoutite songs: Take the Time, Surrounded, Metropolis Pt. 1. Musicmanship is sharp and compositions are memorable. I like some pop so it doesn't bother me to hear catchy vocal melodies and harmonies. I consider negative (maybe this is true...) that DT forced other musicians to play at their level (because they became famous and so many bands want to be like them) and that, in my opinion, RUINED creativity and put virtuosity as a priority for DT musicians-fans. I DONT' WANT ANY MORE VIRTOUSITY UNLESS THERE ARE GOOD COMPOSITIONS TOO. 4/5 just for personal taste. I think this is a very good album but other albums by DT cannot compare to this one. Easily the best music DT ever made.
marcobrusa | 4/5 |