Yes - Going For The One CD (album) cover

GOING FOR THE ONE

4.03 | 1955 ratings

chiang
2 stars I was at the university, when this one came out I have been enjoying "Fragile", "Close To The Edge", "Tales" and "Relayer" for years. And then came "Going for the One": the first thing I say (by seeing the artwork) was "Where is Roger Dean?" and then I listen to it and it began that terribly simple rock and I went: "WTF?" It was terrible to me: "Where is MY Yes?" (Maybe it's dificult to understad to someone who knew all the stuff years later). In fact, "Yes" never was the same after that. (There were worst things like "Drama" and the Rabin thing, but this was kind of "?") Even today is dificult to me to listten to "Awaken", (a great work) being burried in all the other light stuff). "Turn of the Century" and "Wondering stories" are nice songs, but ever understood "Going for the one" or "Parallels", What they wanna sound like? Absolutely is an album I don't listen to. Two years ago "Yes" make a tour playng entirely "Close to the Edge", "Going for the One" and "Yes Album", to me it was a irregular expereince: the first 20 minutes where wonderfull, next 20 where great, then came "GFTO" and I just relax (kind of breack). Realy don't like this.
chiang | 2/5 |