Porcupine Tree - Deadwing CD (album) cover

DEADWING

Porcupine Tree

4.11 | 1954 ratings

asimplemistake
4 stars This album really shows why PORCUPINE TREE got moved into the Heavy Prog Section of ProgArchives. Deadwing starts off with the song Deadwing, one of my personal favorites off of the album. The first couple of songs are much simpler in sound and composition than I'm used to hearing for PORCUPINE TREE, but I don't mind that too much because I enjoy the sound of the band. The highlight of the album is Arriving Somewhere but Not Here. It has a lot of growth in the song and a beautiful solo by MIKAEL AKERFELDT (OPETH). Overall this is a great album, although it missed the mark for the title of Masterpiece. 4 Stars.
asimplemistake | 4/5 |