Symphony X - V - The New Mythology Suite CD (album) cover

V - THE NEW MYTHOLOGY SUITE

Symphony X

asimplemistake
4 stars I was quite addicted to V for the longest time, and even now I could still probably sing this album word for word. For this reason it is extremely difficult for me to give this album less than 5 stars, but I must. There is just too much cheese now that I look back. The songwriting here is SYMPHONY X's finest in terms of a full album, and everything here fits in the puzzle, except maybe Absence of Light. There is just something about the use of the fanciful choirs and string sections that I find a bit distasteful. If this kind of thing is your bag, this album is a must have, for sure. I must admit it is hard to find songwriting this good, so if you think it will fit your tastes, I advise you to get this album now.
asimplemistake | 4/5 |