Porcupine Tree - In Absentia CD (album) cover

IN ABSENTIA

Porcupine Tree

pinkpork
3 stars This is very atmospheric and alternative music. Maybe a little too alternative. The early Porcupine Tree was like this. I'm a tad disappointed.

The album starts off with Blackest Eyes. This is actually a beautifully crafted song, with nice melodies and good metal sections. But when I say alternative, I mean songs like Creator Has a Mastertape, Strip the Soul, and such. I did enjoy some some songs, such as Heartattack in a Laybay, Blackest Eyes, and Sound of Muzak. However, it still sounds alternative. I wish Porcupine Tree were back to their original music.

Blackest Eyes:9.5/10 Trains:7.5/10 Lips of Ashes:7/10 Sound of Muzak:9/10

Gravity Eyelids:6/10 Wedding Nails:6/10 Prodigal:6/10 .3:6/10 Creator Has a Mastertape:5.5/10

Heartattack in a Layby:8/10 Strip the Soul:8.5/10 Collapse the Light into Earth:7.5/10

pinkpork | 3/5 |