Behold...The Arctopus - Skullgrid CD (album) cover

SKULLGRID

Behold...The Arctopus

Tech/Extreme Prog Metal

pinkpork
4 stars This is a very, and I mean VERY, technical album.

Skullgrid is Behold...The Arctopus' first full album. In my opinion, it is even more technical than Nano Neucleonic Cyborg Summoning, their debut EP. It starts out with a powerful, 1 minute title track. Then, it goes to the very technical Canada, with a jazz section in the middle with the warr guitar and electric guitar. There is an epic on the album, too, titled You Are Number Six. It features a crazy solo by Mick Barr, one of the greatest guitarists of all time. I think, though, that the most technical song on the album is Of Cursed Womb.

I think that Skullgrid was an improvement over Nano Neucleonic Cyborg Summoning, and they are definitely improving. I reccomend this album for the technical metal fan.

pinkpork | 4/5 |