Riverside - Memories In My Head CD (album) cover

MEMORIES IN MY HEAD

Riverside

javajeff
5 stars It is hard to believe that Memories In My Head is an EP since the quality of music is so top-notch. It is over the 30 minute mark, and I have seen albums around the same length. Punk Rock can turn in a 15 track album in 30 minutes and call it a day. Regardless, it is three stellar atmospheric tracks of progressive rock with shades of progressive metal. While all three tracks are excellent, Forgotten Land is quite possibly their best track on any album they have...and that includes Volte - Face, the first song I heard from the band. A new Lunatic Soul album is the perfect time to go through my catalog of music with Mariusz Duda on vocals. When listening to any Riverside album, it is evident that there is a great emphasis on creating vibes with layers of piano and mellow passages to set up the heavier moments. This is a formula that works well for them and has created a loyal following over the years. Memories In My Head is no different, and I place it up there with their best albums Second Life Syndrome and Anno Domini High Definition. Riverside always has excellent lyrics, and the vocal performance is one of the main draws to the band. Stellar musicianship, superior vocals, and the excellent compositions make Memories In My Head a must have for Progressive Rock and Progressive Metal fans.
javajeff | 5/5 |