Deerhoof - Milk Man CD (album) cover

MILK MAN

Deerhoof

pinkpork
4 stars Pretty good album, and pretty odd for the 2004 release by the Indie/Crossover Prog band Deerhoof.

In my opinion, this is one of Deerhoof's best and highest-quality albums. Lets get to the review:

Milkman: One of my favorite songs on this album. It starts with a good bassline and then gets going on the main riff for most of the piece. Good track. 4/5

Giga Dance: I really enjoy this track quite a bit. It is very odd and has intresting drums for the song. The I would even go as far as to say that the beginning sounds like a metal song even though very unusual. Great track! 4/5

Disaperecere: It's okay, but I would not listen to it often. It just seems a little uninspired with the soft piano for the rest of the album. 3/5

Rainbow Sillouette of the Milky Rain: Very good track. I listen to this song a lot when I listen to Deerhoof. It starts out as very loud and abrupt, until it gets to softer and more dynamic portions. It has an intresting stop go stop go theme to it. 4/5

Dog on the Sidewalk: Boring track. It just makes a bunch of ambient electronic sounds. It doesn't even sound like a bridge to C, just a filler. 1/5

C: Okay song, just a little boring for me. It just doesn't seem like a very strong track. 2/5

MIlking: Best song on the album. It really is a strong track, beginning with the drums again. It could actually be considered a metal song, even for Deerhoof. Very good prog song. 5/5

Dream Wanderer's Tune: Very light song after Milking. It is a good transitional song. 3/5

Song of Sorn: Very intresting Indie song. It starts out with paino sounds, and then goes into an odd rock song. It's pretty good. 3/5

Big Orange Sun Run Over Speed Light: Average Deerhoof song. Nothing too special. 2/5

New Sneakers: Okay ending, but pretty average too. 2/5

Overall, this captures the height of Deerhoof's career in their music. I think they are definitely one of the best indie rock bands out there. Album rating: 4/5

pinkpork | 4/5 |