Pink Floyd - Ummagumma CD (album) cover

Psychedelic/Space Rock

Alexlifeson2019
1 stars 37/100

An incoherent mess

Let me first start by saying I do enjoy the live side, but I put most of the weight of my rating on the studio side. The live side is very good. I enjoy every song and I think that the performances are all fantastic. Careful with That Axe, Eugene Is a very interesting song due to its infectious groove and psychedelic madness. It's interesting that they first released the live recording of this track and never released it on an official studio album. Now the studio side on the other hand is absolutely terrible. I would say that the only thing worth listening to from this side is part 3 of The Narrow Way which is brilliant due to David Gilmour's incredible songwriting and performance. The other tracks are trippy and weird in all the worst ways and for the most part are completely unlistenable. Overall, Ummagumma is easily the worst Pink Floyd album despite having a good set of live tracks.

Favorite Tracks: The Narrow Way (part 3), Careful with That Axe, Eugene (live)

Least Favorite Track: Several Species of Small Furry Animals Gathered Together in a Cave and Grooving with a Pict

Alexlifeson2019 | 1/5 |