BECK, BOGERT & APPICE

1. Black Cat Moan (3:44)
2. Lady (5:33)
3. Oh To Love You (4:04)
4. Superstition (4:15)
5. Sweet Sweet Surrender (3:59)
6. Why Should I Care (3:31)
7. Lose Myself With You (3:16)
8. Livin' Alone (4:11)
9. I'm So Proud (4:12)

Total time 36:45

Bonus tracks on 2005 remaster:
10. Lady (Single version) (3:23)
11. I'm So Proud (Single version) (3:51)

- Jeff Beck / guitar, lead (1) & backing vocals
- Tim Bogert / bass, lead (54,6,7) & backing vocals
- Carmine Appice / drums, lead (2,3,5,8,9) & backing vocals

With:
- Danny Hutton / backing vocals (5)
- Jimmy Greenspoon / piano (5)
- Duane Hitchings / piano & Mellotron (3)

Artwork: Ed Lee

LP Epic ‎- EPC 65455 (1973, UK) Stereo
LP Epic ‎- KE 32140 (1973, US) Stereo
LP Epic ‎- EQ 32140 (1973, US) Quadrophonic
LP Epic ‎- FRM-32140 (2015, US)

CD Essential ‎- ESSCD 011 (1989, UK)
CD Repertoire Records ‎- RES 2330 (2005, Europe) Remastered (?), with 2 bonus tracks

Thanks to Garion81 for the addition
and to Quinino for the last updates

Buy JEFF BECK Beck, Bogert & Appice Music

Beck Bogert Appice LiveBeck Bogert Appice Live
South Side
$33.80
BECK, BOGERT & APPICEBECK, BOGERT & APPICE
Limited Edition
Friday Music 2015
$22.90
Beck Bogert & Appice [DVD AUDIO] by Jeff BeckBeck Bogert & Appice [DVD AUDIO] by Jeff Beck
Hds/Ctrl
$145.02

More places to buy JEFF BECK music online Buy JEFF BECK & Prog Rock Digital Music online:

JEFF BECK Beck, Bogert & Appice ratings distribution

JEFF BECK Beck, Bogert & Appice reviews

Review by Gatot
3 stars It's classic! And it's cool!

Wow! If you were there during the glory days of rock music, you must have heard this powerful trio band. In this trio Beck invited Tim Bogert (of Vanilla Fudge) and one of the best rock drummers Carmine Appice. This sounds like Beck wanted to proof to the music industry that with just three people he and the bandmates could create great sound. I would say that BBA faced hed-to-head competition with American powerful trio Grand Funk Railroad at that time.

The album kicks off with 'Black Cat Moan' which represents the blues rock style and contains excellent guitar work by Beck with his sliding techniques. 'Lady' and 'Oh To Love You' are ballads with good vocal line followed then with Stevie Wonder's 'Superstition' which was very popular during my teenage years. 'Superstition' became my favorite track at that time and firstly I was not aware at all that it was Stevie Wonder's. 'Sweet Sweet Surender' is another ballad followed with a rocker 'Why Should I Care'. 'Lose My Self With You' is an excellent song with a showcase of Beck's wah wah.

Overall, this is a very good classic rock album with some blues rock favor. Those who really want to know what the sound of 70s is all about, this album can represent it. Keep on rockin'..!

DragonForce "Inhuman Rampage World Tour" Live in Jakarta, May 19, 2007, Tennis Outdoor. Featuring fastest guitar virtuoso. Be There! Or Die!

Review by Flucktrot
2 stars If this was a review for a blues-rock site, then Beck, Bogert, Appice would certainly warrant 3 stars. In this case, there is nothing new under the sun to be found here for proggers. Not only is the music not really progressive, it's actually regressive, as this trio seems to be attempting a replication of the ultimate power trio, Cream (sorry to all Rush fans!). Inexplicably, these guys are all top- notch musicians, but they choose here to focus the album on tight songs that emphasize the vocals. When a group like this gets together, I want to hear them cut loose and PLAY! We don't get that here, and whether it made them money or not, it's a bit of a waste of talent.

The highlights: Black Cat Moan, Lady, Superstition, Why Should I Care?, Lose Myself With You, Livin' Alone. Six songs out of nine as highlights? This has to be a solid album, right? Well, there's a gigantic caveat: the vocal parts are mostly forgettable (and don't even expect anything regarding lyrics), and you find yourself looking forward to the instrumentals (read: guitar solos). But these are highlights for a reason: Beck really grinds his guitar on the opener, and all three of the boys really cook for Lady. I also appreciate the cover, Superstition, and if Stevie had sung this version, I would prefer it!

The lowlights: Oh to Love You, Sweet Sweet Surrender, I'm So Proud. The titles should alert you to their quality, as they are slower feature the vocals, and individual virtuosity is almost nonexistent. Any producer should have known that these are the kinds of tunes that this group would not excel with.

Overall, retreaded blues and rock standards, with a few incredible licks from Beck, fat bass from Bogert, and inspired drums by Appice. Unfortunately, they are too few and far between. I'm personally very pleased that Beck decided to go in the fusion direction with later works in the 70s.

Post a review of JEFF BECK "Beck, Bogert & Appice"