WHY WE FIGHT

Tortoise

Soul Static Sound - SOUL-7

Thanks to Lynx33 for the addition

Buy TORTOISE Why We Fight Music

No release results - showing artist results instead
Millions Now Living Will Never DieMillions Now Living Will Never Die
TortoiseTortoise
$10.11
The CatastrophistThe Catastrophist
$9.10
Digest Compendium of the Tortoise's WorlDigest Compendium of the Tortoise's Worl
Thril 1996
Thrill Jockey 2006
$79.99
StandardsStandards
$7.99

More places to buy TORTOISE music online Buy TORTOISE & Prog Rock Digital Music online:

TORTOISE Why We Fight ratings distribution

TORTOISE Why We Fight reviews

Review by TCat
COLLABORATOR Eclectic Team
1 stars This is a 7" single that was released the year following their debut album. As far as I know, the only album that these two songs appeared on was the collection of rare tracks by Tortoise called "A Lazarus Taxon". It is not easy to find, but you might spot a used copy somewhere out there.

The A Side is "Why We Fight". It is a pretty standard rhythm with a lot of percussive instruments. Bass joins in later and pretty much carries the melody with a guitar. It is quite similar to the debut album, with a no nonsense melody, but the percussion is quite active all the way through it.

The B Side is called "Whitewater". This one is quite experimental, and actually sounds like a backwards song. I wish I had more information on it, but I am pretty sure it's not the backwards version of the A side, because the tone sounds quite different, and the backwards percussion isn't as chaotic as the A side. There is a (mostly) 2-tone alternating drone that follows along.

This is definitely only for completionists. You would be better off getting "A Lazarus Taxon" than trying to track this down. It's not that interesting, but if you are curious enough, get the rare collection instead.

Post a review of TORTOISE "Why We Fight"