STORM WARNING

Andrew Roussak Storm Warning album cover

Buy ANDREW ROUSSAK Music
Studio Album, released in 2019

1. Enter Code (4:08)
2. Bringing Peace And Progress (8:02)
3. Left Alone Outside (7:30)
4. Regata Storica (6:02)
5. Chasing Shadows (4:37)
6. Storm Warning (5:41)
7. Can She Excuse My Wrongs (5:22)
8. Malta Sketches (10:15) :
- a. Hola Beach Boogie
- b. 1565
- c. Sunset in Valetta

Total time 51:37

- Andrew Roussak / performer, composer, programming, production & mixing

With:
- Max Kottler / lead vocals (3)
- Nadia Ayche / lead vocals (5)
- Selina Waidmann / lead vocals (8c)
- Oli Weislogel / guitar solo (3,5,8c)

CD Melodic Revolution Records (2019)

FLAC download - bandcamp.com

Thanks to mbzr48 for the addition
and to Quinino for the last updates

Buy ANDREW ROUSSAK Storm Warning Music

Storm WarningStorm Warning
CD Baby 2019
$26.15

More places to buy ANDREW ROUSSAK music online Buy ANDREW ROUSSAK & Prog Rock Digital Music online:

ANDREW ROUSSAK Storm Warning ratings distribution

ANDREW ROUSSAK Storm Warning reviews

Review by kev rowland
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Crossover Team
3 stars It has been about ten years since I last wrote about keyboard player Andrew Roussak. Back then I was reviewing both his debut solo album and the debut from Dorian Opera where he was keyboard player, and I see that both of them have released an album I haven't heard, but now he is back with his third solo release. Andrew is a multi- instrumentalist, but he has brought in some additional guitarists on a couple of songs, as well as a couple of singers, but for the most part this is all Andrew. He is a keyboard player who is more Wakeman than Emerson, but way more Emerson than Jarre, and the result is an album which moves, twists and shifts like any good rock album should. The use of Hammond sounds will always make me sit and up and pay attention as that is one of the truly classic rock keyboard basics, and here he deploys it to great effect.

Keyboard-based albums can be boring affairs at times, even when there are other musicians involved, but here we have loads of rock songs which just have a keyboard base and often a keyboard lead. In many ways this is very reminiscent of Wakeman when he is in full rock mode, except not quite as bombastic. He has no problem with stopping on a pin and pivoting the sound to acoustic guitar, while the use of lead singers (sparingly) also points more to the caped crusader. This can be enjoyed the very first time of hearing, while it is also a grower and the more it is played the more there is to be discovered and enjoyed. Personally, I would prefer if he had kept the album fully instrumental, as I am not a huge fan of Max Kottler's vocal style, but overall this is an album which keeps the listener engaged throughout and if classic Seventies-style keyboard-led albums interest you then this is definitely worth discovering.

4 stars 'Good news for the fans of keyboard driven prog!' Andrew Roussak was born in Russia, in 1968. At the age of seven he started a classical piano training at school, inspired by his mother and an uncle, they were skilled amateu ... (read more)

Report this review (#2238102) | Posted by TenYearsAfter | Sunday, July 14, 2019 | Review Permanlink

5 stars I gave this album a try after it appeared in the PA top albums of 2019 without knowing anything of Andrew Roussak or his music. For the second time this year (the first was Climbing The Air by On The Raw) I found myself listening to an album that was immediately enjoyable with a structure and co ... (read more)

Report this review (#2202007) | Posted by CeeJayGee | Sunday, May 12, 2019 | Review Permanlink

5 stars CD reviews are a rarity for me, but I'll make an exception for Andrew Roussak (born in Russia and living in Germany), whose recording career I've been able to follow right from the start - ever since we met on internet around 2006. Last week he released his third solo album ("Storm warning"), af ... (read more)

Report this review (#2189371) | Posted by Art Rock | Tuesday, April 30, 2019 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of ANDREW ROUSSAK "Storm Warning"