FOLQUE

Studio Album, released in 1974

1. Skjøn jomfru (4:26)
2. Ravnene (2:31)
3. Springar (1:17)
4. Sjugur og trollbrura (2:37)
5. Nissedans (2:25)
6. Harpa (4:49)
7. Sinclairvise (3:24)
8. Reinlender (1:57)
9. Alison Gross (3:49)
10. Steffa går til Selfjord (3:50)
11. Reven og bjørnen (3:22)
12. Heimatlåta (1:42)

- Lisa Helljesen / vocals
- Jørn Jensen / vocals, guitar, dulcimer
- Trond Villa / fele
- Morten Bing / guitar, mandolin
- Eilif Amundsen / banjo, bass, guitar
- Trond Øverland / bass, piano

LP Philips 6317 025 (1974 Norway)
CD Pan Records PACD011 (1993 Norway)
CD Hifly Sound Anstalt HIFLYCD14007 (2015 Liechtenstein) (digipak)
LP Round 2 R2LP001 (2015 Norway) (remaster)

and to The Bearded Bard for the last updates

Buy FOLQUE Folque Music

FolqueFolque
Hifly Sound Anstalt
$18.70
Kjempene P?? Dovrefjell by Folque (2015-05-04)Kjempene P?? Dovrefjell by Folque (2015-05-04)
Hifly Sound Anstalt
$134.07
Kjempene Pa Dovrefjell by FolqueKjempene Pa Dovrefjell by Folque
MSI:PANOR

More places to buy FOLQUE music online Buy FOLQUE & Prog Rock Digital Music online:

FOLQUE Folque ratings distribution

FOLQUE Folque reviews

Review by Sean Trane
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Prog Folk
3 stars Wow ! Although I did ask Max to include a bunch of Norwegian bands , I had not dared mentioned this one, because they play what I call downright folk music . Only their desire to make truthful folk might make this prog in the adventurous side of it. Almost entirely acoustic, this album is a bit the Norwegian equivalent of Kebnekaise (Sweden) or Malicorne (France) and one feels like some foot stomping and square dancing when listening to this. I have not heard the other albums but would like to thank my library to have this one in stock - that alone is quite a feat. Good female vocals sung in Norwegian.

5 stars Folque's debut album with the name Folque has everything I could need from music so it's impossible to not acknowledge it. I love folk music and think that folk obtained some form of perfection in the sixties and seventies. Then came some bands on Ireland, "The Dubliners" and "Wolfe Tones" and m ... (read more)

Report this review (#1302447) | Posted by DrömmarenAdrian | Monday, November 10, 2014 | Review Permanlink

4 stars This album has a lot of energy, reminding me a lot of the French band Malicorne. Folque is folk more in the "world music" sense rather than the "acoustic guitar" sense if you know what I mean. It feels like it's from a very long time ago rather than the 20th century. If you're tired of the average ... (read more)

Report this review (#230765) | Posted by Concentration Moon | Sunday, August 9, 2009 | Review Permanlink

4 stars Let me first say that I was in doubt whether to give it five or four stars, but I settled on four. A four plus! The song material on this one is great and the arrangements are good and sound fresh, not dated. It's not that experimental, but it's good solid folk-rock. The songs are sung in Norw ... (read more)

Report this review (#32772) | Posted by | Tuesday, September 14, 2004 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of FOLQUE "Folque"