Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Recommendations/Featured albums
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

In The Wake Of Poseidon. A Discussion.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Moyan View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Moyan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 15 2024 at 04:32
My favourite King Crimson albums have always been the early ones, and "In the Wake of Poseidon" is an amazing trip for me. Prog pundits have often criticised the album, calling it a clone of their debut, but I think "In the Wake of Poseidon" has its own unique personality and some amazing King Crimson musical moments. "Cadence and Cascade" is still, in my opinion, one of the most reminiscent and delicate melodies ever written in our beloved genre. One of my all-time favourite King Crimson songs is the title tune, "In the Wake of Poseidon." Greg Lake as singer was fantastic in King Crimson, as can be heard in "Pictures of a City," which is a great song as well.
It features a tonne of mellotrons as well as some elaborate melodic moments. Pete Sinfield's ethereal ideas from "In the Wake of Poseidon" will forever remind true dreamers that the early phase of King Crimson was and remains its best.
SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote SteveG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 15 2024 at 03:31
Prompted by Paul's 5 KC song thread, I've always felt that the album, while not as strong as it's predecessor, has many many positives, such the stunning title track, Keith Tippet's jazzy piano on many songs, and the fact that the band carried on after losing two key members. Your thoughts.

Edited by SteveG - April 15 2024 at 03:32
This message was brought to you by a proud supporter of the Deep State.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234