Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog News, Press Releases
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Prog Metal news & releases(Ministry Of Lost Souls)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedProg Metal news & releases(Ministry Of Lost Souls)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 27>
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 12 2008 at 10:49
OSI

(The fact that the guys have been working on a new album has already been reported in PA. This is the latest news on the project.)

New album in spring 2009 Guests: Gavin Harrison (Porcupine Tree) & Mikael Åkerfeldt (Opeth) Experts consider the music of the creative duo, OSI, a perfect example of inventiveness and innovation. Kevin Moore and Jim Matheos have released two albums to date (Office Of Strategic Influence, 2003, & Free, 2006) and are currently working on their new, as yet untitled third recording, scheduled for release in spring 2009. Along with Moore and Matheos, the new album will also feature Porcupine Tree drummer Gavin Harrison. In addition, there will be a guest appearance by Mikael Åkerfeldt (Opeth) on 'Stockholm', which the Swede co-composed. Mixing is scheduled to begin in early December with engineer Phil Magnotti.
http://www.last.fm/user/colt2112

Colt - Admin Team MMA

Genesister View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 12 2008 at 16:27
Simon Anderson left Pain of Salvation.
http://www.blog.painofsalvation.com/?page_id=189
Plankowner View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 13 2008 at 02:55
mere 14 months after 'neaths critically acclaimed 'The Spiders Sleep' was unleashed nationally to an unsuspecting audience outside of their home town Brisbane, this enigmatic four piece are ready to canvass the next stage of their evolution. 'The Small Untruths' will contain six tracks of Dark Progressive Metal placing them upon the top of a fractured limb of their own within the aural dark art realms. At this time of writing a dual album launch with Coffs Harbour's hybrid black/death metallers Oracle of the Void has been proposed for Friday the 28th of November.

The Small Unthruths Tracklisting:

Worm
Paintings
Down
Untruths
Remember
Shell

Untruths is now available for listening on the
'neath myspace

progmetalhead View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 13 2008 at 03:46
Originally posted by Genesister Genesister wrote:

Thanks for your input Alex.

What is it with PoS and bassists! LOL

Colt - Admin Team MMA

Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 13 2008 at 03:51
Thanks for the recommendation David! Clap

Colt - Admin Team MMA

Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 13 2008 at 03:56
Redemption

(Old news but I can't remember seeing it posted anywhere)

A live DVD with a bonus live CD filmed at the Progpower festival in Atlanta will be released early in the new year.

This will be followed by the release of their 4th studio scheduled for the middle of next year.

Colt - Admin Team MMA

Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 13 2008 at 14:11
Anubis Gate

The mix and mastering of the new album has now been completed,

The cover art and release date is to be announced shortly.

Colt - Admin Team MMA

sleeper View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 13 2008 at 14:18
Originally posted by Genesister Genesister wrote:

Wow, thats bad news, he was an excellent showman live and didnt even get to record an album with the band.

Maybe they should just re-hire Kristoffer, they're unlikely to find someone better than him and he at lest knows the materiel.

Edited by sleeper - November 13 2008 at 14:18
Spending more than I should on Prog since 2005

Jared View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 13 2008 at 14:26
re Anubis Gate & Redemption...excellent news, all around...Clap
Music has always been a matter of energy to me. On some nights I believe that a car with the needle on empty can run 50 more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio. Hunter S Thompson
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 13 2008 at 15:19
Fragile Vastness

I was lucky enough to come across this excellent band the other day. They are presently working on their 3rd studio and if I'm honest I can't wait. Fantastic!! If you like PoS and Fates Warning you are going to love these guys.

Please check them out, you won't regret it!

Colt - Admin Team MMA

Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 14 2008 at 03:32

....and talking of PoS.

A new release scheduled for 26th January 2009 though Prog Rock Records

Filmed during their successful ‘Scarsick’ tour at the Paradiso, Amsterdam (Netherlands), this release contains the full concert on one DVD and a documentary and picture gallery on the second DVD

A dynamic show of one of the leading bands in the genre of metal and progressive rock. The documentary will mark the end and the beginning of a period in the life of Pain of Salvation

PAIN OF SALVATION - On The Two Deaths Of [2 DVD + 2 CD Ltd Edition digipak

The release is available in several formats.

Track Listing: DVD 1: 1. Scarsick / 2. America / 3. Nightmist / 4. ! (Foreword) / 5. Handful Of Nothing / 6. New Year’s Eve / 7. Ashes / 8. Undertow / 9. This Heart Of Mine (I Pledge) / 10. Chain Sling / 11. Diffidentia (Breaching The Core) / 12. Flame To The Moth / 13. Disco Queen / 14. Hallelujah / 15. Cribcaged / 16. Used / DVD 2: 1. Documentary / 2. Picture gallery / CD 1: 1. Scarsick / 2. America / 3. Nightmist / 4. ! (Foreword) / 5. Handful Of Nothing / 6. New Year’s Eve / 7. Ashes / 8. Undertow / CD 2: 1. This Heart Of Mine (I Pledge) / 2. Chain Sling / 3. Diffidentia (Breaching The Core) / 4. Flame To The Moth / 5. Disco Queen / 6. Hallelujah / 7. Cribcaged / 8. Used

Colt - Admin Team MMA

Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 15 2008 at 07:14
Evil Masquerade

are back with their Fourth album Fade to Black and the band has never sounded better.
Escape Music will release the new album January 26, 2009.

Track Listing: Lights Out / In A Dungeon Close To Hell / The Darkness Within / Hollow Soul / Different Shades of Black / Powertools / The Ultimate Game / Desire and Pain / Diamond Dust / I Believe In Sin.

Performed by: Henrik Flyman - guitars, Apollo Papathanasio - vocals, Daniel Flores - drums, Johan Niemann - bass; Special guest: Tony Carey - keyboard
(Rainbow, Solo).

This fourth outing is a fantastic release of creative song writing and musicianship, all wrapped up with a faultless production. Bandleader and guitarist Henrik Flyman has outshined himself once again and made this album a force to be reckoned with. Some line-up changes have taken place since their previous album Third Act. The bass player is now Johan Niemann. In addition Drums are now handled by the very competent Daniel Flores (Mind's Eye). Apollo Papathanasio (ex-Time Requiem) is retained as vocalist, a very wise move as he has such a great presence and is perfect for the job. Keyboards are supplied by very special guest Tony Carey of Rainbow fame and this extra touch polishes the already finely tuned sound. Henrik Flyman who plays the guitars has also, once again, produced the album. The resulting finished product has given the band a heavier approach and the band is up there with the big players. What you have here is huge crunching melodies, lush keyboards and a solid rhythm section, the experience of Daniel Flores shines through at an early stage. The production is heavy and supports the music just right. Mixing and mastering credits goes to well-reputed Tommy Hansen (Helloween, Jorn, TNT) and you can easily hear why he is in such high demand. With 'Fade to Black' we get to see Evil Masquerade flourish and raise their profile once more to a level that should rocket them to higher places.

Colt - Admin Team MMA

sleeper View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 15 2008 at 13:19
Originally posted by progmetalhead progmetalhead wrote:

....and talking of PoS.

A new release scheduled for 26th January 2009 though Prog Rock Records

Filmed during their successful ‘Scarsick’ tour at the Paradiso, Amsterdam (Netherlands), this release contains the full concert on one DVD and a documentary and picture gallery on the second DVD

A dynamic show of one of the leading bands in the genre of metal and progressive rock. The documentary will mark the end and the beginning of a period in the life of Pain of Salvation

PAIN OF SALVATION - On The Two Deaths Of [2 DVD + 2 CD Ltd Edition digipak

The release is available in several formats.

Track Listing: DVD 1: 1. Scarsick / 2. America / 3. Nightmist / 4. ! (Foreword) / 5. Handful Of Nothing / 6. New Year’s Eve / 7. Ashes / 8. Undertow / 9. This Heart Of Mine (I Pledge) / 10. Chain Sling / 11. Diffidentia (Breaching The Core) / 12. Flame To The Moth / 13. Disco Queen / 14. Hallelujah / 15. Cribcaged / 16. Used / DVD 2: 1. Documentary / 2. Picture gallery / CD 1: 1. Scarsick / 2. America / 3. Nightmist / 4. ! (Foreword) / 5. Handful Of Nothing / 6. New Year’s Eve / 7. Ashes / 8. Undertow / CD 2: 1. This Heart Of Mine (I Pledge) / 2. Chain Sling / 3. Diffidentia (Breaching The Core) / 4. Flame To The Moth / 5. Disco Queen / 6. Hallelujah / 7. Cribcaged / 8. Used

Will definitely be getting that with the CD's.Big smile
Spending more than I should on Prog since 2005

Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 15 2008 at 14:55

Ever wondered had Tori Amos, John Petrucci and Fat Boy Slim got together to form a Progressive Metal Band, what they would have sounded like?

No I hadn't either! Well look no further.

Well constructed songs, beautifully played by an extraordinary and highly talented band from Italy fronted by Monia Rossi. Boy does she have a fabulous voice!

They experiment from pop to technical metal with references to trance thrown in for good measure and much much more.

The album tops my list of purchases for December and I would highly recommend you add it to yours.

If this is the future of female fronted Progressive Metal then the future is indeed bright.

I hope they get the exposure and support they fully deserve for such an excellent debut.

Farther Paint  (Album due for release 5th December through Lion-see calendar for futher info)

Hailing from Italy, Farther Paint are at the forefront of a new movement of progressive metal hailing from the country and were discovered on myspace. Farther Paint plays highly technical progressive metal but always with a keen eye on the song being the overall important element. Farther Paint carry the distinction of being fronted by the soulful female vocals of Monia Rossi, a voice that is able to convey pure emotion and adds an exciting element to the bands sound. Musically the band are fronted by the guitars of Francesco Federici, the keyboards of Gabriele Manocchi all underpinned by the bass work of Thomas Bianchi and drum monster Luca Prima whose work here deserves to propel him to the forefront of modern day drum masters.

“Lose Control” is an experimental album where the instrumental parts don't prevail over the voice, but support it. It's composed by 8 tracks with two purely instrumental bookends. The first "lose control" is opening while "anger" sum up the whole concept album bringing it to a turning point. Farther Paint are about conveying an original sound, which is given prominence by vocals parts and by lyrics. The aim of the lyrics is to convey the same feelings expressed by the instrumentation.

On the bands sound, the band comment, “It’s a perfect transposition of what we felt inside, in our heart, in our hands. It has been created in a free way without falling in what is expected by this kind of music and for this very reason we chose a female voice. In this way we could experiment without any limits, in a different way, maybe innovative. We were looking for a kind music not so easily classifiable, a mix of each member’s musical backgrounds to reach a shape that is unique, refined and with a particular attention for the technicality”.

Colt - Admin Team MMA

Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 17 2008 at 11:12
Pathosray

....have announced they have started recording their sophomore release; the follow up to their excellent self titled debut last year.

Colt - Admin Team MMA

Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 18 2008 at 14:17
Anthropia

THE CHAIN REACTION will be released in France on 02/16/2009 through ADARCA RECORDS. The album has been recorded on the french riviera at ARTMUSIC STUDIO, mixed by François Merle of MANIGANCE, and mastered by Tommy Hansen (HELLOWEEN, PRETTY MAIDS, JORN...).

Colt - Admin Team MMA

Jared View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 18 2008 at 14:29
Pathosray....Heart...nuff said

Anthropia... Steve, there seams to be a bit of a movement in French Prog metal gathering pace...SUE, Adagio, Venturia etc... are these guys 'related' in any way???
Music has always been a matter of energy to me. On some nights I believe that a car with the needle on empty can run 50 more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio. Hunter S Thompson
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 18 2008 at 16:03
Originally posted by fandango fandango wrote:

Pathosray....Heart...nuff said

Anthropia... Steve, there seams to be a bit of a movement in French Prog metal gathering pace...SUE, Adagio, Venturia etc... are these guys 'related' in any way???

Nuff said for sure!!

I am not aware of any close relation apart from the fact that Kevin Codfert from Adagio did play keyboards on Venturia's "The New Kingdom". Codfert does have his own studio; I don't know whether any of the bands have done any work there. It's possible.

Indeed the French PM movement is certainly gathering pace, however, I don't think it is just limited to France. I'm turning up new PM bands almost daily from all parts of the world.....and they are just traditional PM. I haven't dared make a list yet for Tech/Extreme/Post etc. Otherwise I think the PMT etc are going to run away as far as possible and never return!!! LOLLOL

South America and in particular Brazil seem to have a whole host of new bands making great stuff!

The future is looking very bright indeed! ClapClapClap Big smile

Colt - Admin Team MMA

Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 19 2008 at 15:32
ASHENT

are proud to announce their agreement with the Finnish label LION MUSIC, unanimously considered as a leading force within progressive and power metal circles!

The veteran label will release our highly-expected second album during the first months of 2009!

DECONSTRUCTIVE will be the title of the new album, 50 minutes of great new music!

Colt - Admin Team MMA

Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 23 2008 at 05:45
Miosis

Have signed with Lion and look set to release their debut "Albedo Adaptation" in January 2009.

Dark and Dynamic prog in the vein of Tool, TMV and Isis.

Colt - Admin Team MMA

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 27>