Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Tribute Bands and Prog Radio
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedProg on the radio

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2012 at 13:44
^ Yes, I can thoroughly endorse Radio laut.fm as a mighty fine station indeed. It streams via an embedded player (ie. no need to open playlists with your own media player), with artist and song info updated instantly as soon as the tracks change - even the album cover art is displayed. Great variety of shows too. Excellent stuff!! Thumbs Up
moshkito View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 22 2012 at 10:51
Hi,

I, finally have the setup worked out to attempt to put things together again, as I had before almost ten years ago with a show called "The Space".

What I did, then, and it was over 120 hours long when it was taken off the air by a local ISP jerk that robbed many people on his way out.

I had no style per se, and thought I would do various artist shows. So we had an hour of Can, an hour of this and that ... and in general you got a really good sample of what the artist was about.

Had some really good responses, and our server never went down and handled the streams really well. I'm not set/sure of how/where things will be handled at this time, although I may have to spring for a business account at Crummycast, unless I can find a location to do this with, that can support either the streams or the connection to my own computers. That all remains to be seen as yet.

This time, I still plan on doing things by one artist ... however, I will also play more of the other things I have this time, since I now have a mixer to put together all the turntable, cassettes and cd's and microphone, that will also have some fun things going ...  I am recording a bunch of fun things ... asking people if they know what progressive music is!

The recording format is still up for debate, but it looks like it will be mp3 at this time, and it will be recorded with Audacity if I do not have access to a good mp3 encoder.  The web pages and information will come off my own webpages that will have a "progressive music" link.

On tap, if it all works out, is to also get the Ygdrasil Poetry issue live, after I get the permission from the various folks involved. There are works in there from Gilly Smith and Anthony Phillips. And if I can get it brought over from Super 8, so will Kevin Ayers piece from the film I made. Also with permission.

I'm figuring that Snow Dog won't listen, but you can bet there will be some ELP in there, and Principal Edwards, and Stackridge for sure ... and Korgis (Stackridge members) ... and ... lots more! Damn it Dean .,.. I can't get that ... dear mrs oreilly ... song off my head!

Edited by moshkito - May 22 2012 at 11:09
Music is not just for listening ... it is for LIVING ... you got to feel it to know what's it about! Not being told!
www.pedrosena.com
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12