Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Polls
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The last three Rush albums

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Poll Question: Which album do you prefer?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
9 [20.00%]
11 [24.44%]
17 [37.78%]
2 [4.44%]
5 [11.11%]
1 [2.22%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Theprogelitist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 08 2021 at 16:02
Vapor Trails is good and Snakes & Arrows is decent, but Clockwork Angels was their best album since Signals or perhaps Grace Under Pressure. Absolutely gushing with creativity and passion
someone_else View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote someone_else Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 09 2021 at 00:57
Originally posted by DarkTower DarkTower wrote:

Easily Clockwork Angels, the best album since Signals

I can agree with that. I turned by back on Rush after the disappointing Presto and the deception that is Roll the Bones, but with Clockwork Angels they were back. After Signals, Grace under Pressure was a minor letdown (but still a good album in the context of 1984); only Hold Your Fire comes rather close.
Rednight View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rednight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 09 2021 at 13:30
Don't know 'Trails or 'Arrows. Do know that they'd have to be very good indeed to beat out 'Angels.

Edited by Rednight - February 09 2021 at 13:30
"It just has none of the qualities of your work that I find interesting. Abandon [?] it." - Eno
AFlowerKingCrimson View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AFlowerKingCrimson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 09 2021 at 15:06
Originally posted by verslibre verslibre wrote:

Originally posted by Gentle and Giant Gentle and Giant wrote:

Vapor Trails. Some Rush fans hate this album, but I've always had a soft spot for it. If I were to play a Rush album right now, out of these three it would be VT.

Copy that! I love Vapor Trails. It knocked me out of my chair from first listen and I still think it's their best of the last three.

This may come as a shock, but IMHO, Snakes & Arrows is uneven. Outside the fantastic instrumentals and "Far Cry," it doesn't call to me.

Not a big fan of VT yet but I'll try to be patient with it. As for your last paragraph I mostly agree, however, I think "faithless" is rather nice(it grew on me) even though I'm not an atheist. I played it for my mom who is though and she liked it. There might be one or two others besides them that are ok but on my first few listens I didn't care much for it other than the ones you mentioned also.
Dellinger View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dellinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 09 2021 at 22:10
Clockwork angels for me. They really managed to go out with a winner, not any band achieves such a thing.
digdug View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote digdug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 10 2021 at 11:06
Rush didn't make any bad albums in my opinion

Vapor Trails is my fave from these 3,
especially One Little Victory
Prog On!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12