Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Tribute Bands and Prog Radio
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Snicolette's Progrock.com Nickie's Niches

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snicolette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 01 2023 at 13:10
Attention Fans of Musical Niches:  Didja miss it?  If you did, here is a link to the podcast of today's show, 01 August, 2023.  https://podcasts.progrock.com/2023/08/01/nickies-niches-19-august-2023/
"Into every rain, a little life must fall." ~Tom Rapp
Snicolette View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snicolette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 22 2023 at 07:29
Attention Fans of Musical Niches!

From the Department of Prog Folk Notifications Department, this just in.

"Nickie's Niches," will be doing a Prog Folk Founders show as a guest offering on Chuck Simons’ “Top 10” show, today, 22 August, from 8:00 AM - 10 AM PT, on Progrock.com.

This show features 7 artists that I feel fit firmly in the Prog Folk vein, or contributed to the genre in some indelible way.  It lasts approximately an hour, and beings at the start of the hour.   Following my segment, Dennis Gaylor will conclude the final hour with his Time Machine #4 1970 segment.

There will a podcast available on progrock afterwards, if it’s at an inconvenient time for a live listen.  To join the chat, go to progrock.com and click on Chat link at top of page.

Link to Progrock.com: https://progrock.com/
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snicolette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 22 2023 at 11:40
Didja miss it? If you did, here is a link to the podcast of my Prog Folk Show #3 that aired today, 22 August. https://podcasts.progrock.com/2023/08/22/nickies-prog-folk-show-3/
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snicolette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 28 2023 at 11:15
It’s that time again! August Lasted So Long It's Still August!  

My "Nickie's Niches," segment on Chuck Simons’ “Top 10” show will be airing tomorrow morning, 29 August. The show begins at 8:00AM PDT, on Progrock.com It includes mini-reviews and a tune from each of my Bandcamp and other purchases from last month. Focus is on a wide variety of music, ranging from progressive to chamber prog, ambient, world, soundtrack, and acid/wyrd/dark folk.

There will a podcast available on progrock afterwards, if it’s at an inconvenient time for a live listen. To join the chat, go to progrock.com and click on Chat link at top of page.

Following my segment will be Dennis A. Gaylor's Time Machine 1970 Part 2

Link to Progrock.com: Home - PROGROCK.COM
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snicolette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 29 2023 at 14:06
Attention Fans of Musical Didja miss it?  If you did, here is a link to the podcast of today's show, 29 August 2023.  https://podcasts.progrock.com/2023/08/29/nickies-niches-21-september-2023/
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snicolette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 02 2023 at 11:12
Attention Fans of Musical Niches:  It’s that time again!  And I’m going up to 11!  Eleven artists, that is.  My "Nickie's Niches," segment on Chuck Simons’ “Top 10” show will be airing tomorrow morning, 03 October.  The show begins a minute early this time, 7:59AM PDT, on Progrock.com It includes mini-reviews and a tune from each of my Bandcamp and other purchases from last month.  Focus is on a wide variety of music, ranging from progressive to chamber prog, ambient, world, soundtrack, and acid/wyrd/dark folk. 

There will a podcast available on progrock afterwards, if it’s at an inconvenient time for a live listen.  To join the chat, go to progrock.com and click on Chat link at top of page.

Following my segment will be DJ Scott Loki’s Ranking The Albums of Pete Townshend.

https://progrock.com/

Edited by Snicolette - October 02 2023 at 11:16
Psychedelic Paul View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 02 2023 at 11:20
Originally posted by Snicolette Snicolette wrote:

Focus is on a wide variety of music, ranging from progressive to chamber prog, ambient, world, soundtrack, and acid/wyrd/dark folk. 
That sounds like my kind of music. Thumbs Up
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snicolette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 02 2023 at 11:30
Thumbs Up
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snicolette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 03 2023 at 11:49
Attention fans of musical niches:  Didja miss it?  If you did, here is the podcast to the show today, 03, October, 2023.  

https://podcasts.progrock.com/2023/10/03/nickies-niches-22-october-2023/

Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snicolette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 09 2023 at 08:15
Attention Fans of Musical Niches:  

"Nickie's Niches," will be doing a Prog Folk show as a guest offering on Chuck Simons’ “Top 10” show, tomorrow, 10 October, from 8:00 AM - 10 AM PT, on Progrock.com.

This show is kind of a primer on the San Francisco Sound and discusses how this music influenced Prog Folk in it's own time, and to this day (at least in my opinion).  It lasts approximately an hour, and beings at the start of the hour.   The show is entitled "When Folk Dropped Acid."  Following my segment, Dennis Gaylor will conclude the final hour with another edition of his Time Machine, 1971 Part One - The Dawning of Prog

Edited by Snicolette - October 09 2023 at 12:20
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snicolette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 10 2023 at 12:48
Didja miss it?  If you did, here is a link to today's show, 10 October 2023.  There was a station outage for about the first five minutes for some, so if you missed the opening explanatory narrative, it's all here:

https://podcasts.progrock.com/2023/10/10/nickie-folk-prog-4-when-folk-dropped-acid/

Edited by Snicolette - October 10 2023 at 12:55
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snicolette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 30 2023 at 14:29
Knock Knock.  Who's There?  Nickies Niches:

Attention Fans of Musical Niches:  It’s that time again!  My "Nickie's Niches," segment on Chuck Simons’ “Top 10” show will be airing tomorrow morning, 31 October.  The show begins at 8:00AM PDT, on Progrock.com It includes mini-reviews and a tune from each of my Bandcamp and other purchases from last month.  Focus is on a wide variety of music, with an emphasis on chamber prog, ambient, world, soundtrack, and acid/wyrd/dark folk, most with a progressive twist.

There will a podcast available on progrock afterwards, if it’s at an inconvenient time for a live listen.  To join the chat, go to progrock.com and click on Chat link at top of page.

Following my segment will be Dennis Gaylor’s Time Machine 1971 Part 2

Link to Progrock.com: Home - PROGROCK.COM

Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snicolette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 31 2023 at 12:53
Attention fans of musical niches:  Didja miss it?  If you did, here is the podcast to today's show 31 October, 2023.  https://podcasts.progrock.com/.../nickies-niches-23.../?

There was a station crash due to new software partway through, but podcast is intact. Thanks to all who stayed the few minutes it took to correct the problem.

Edited by Snicolette - October 31 2023 at 12:57
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snicolette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 27 2023 at 11:16
Attention Fans of Musical Niches:  It’s that time again!  

Tune in for the final Niches show of 2023.  However, there will be a Prog Folk Show on 12 December, same time, same place.  

Eleven fine musical acts from almost as many genres will appear on my "Nickie's Niches," segment on Chuck Simons’ “Top 10” show will be airing tomorrow morning, 28 November.  The show begins at 8am PST, on Progrock.com It includes mini-reviews and a tune from each of my Bandcamp and other purchases from last month.  Focus is on a wide variety of music, with an emphasis on chamber prog, ambient, world, soundtrack, and acid/wyrd/dark folk, most with a progressive twist.

Following my segment will be Dennis’ Time Machine, 1971 Part 3.
I will be presenting the 5th Prog Folk show on Tuesday, 12 December and will reach out just prior to that.

Link to Progrock.com: Home - https://progrock.com/

Edited by Snicolette - November 27 2023 at 19:26
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snicolette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 28 2023 at 15:26
Didja miss it?  If you did, here is the link to the podcast of Nickie's Niches from 28 November 2023:  https://podcasts.progrock.com/2023/11/28/nickies-niches-24-december-2023/
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snicolette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 11 2023 at 11:17
Attention Fans of Musical Niches:  

"Nickie's Niches," will be doing a Prog Folk show as a guest offering on Chuck Simons’ “Top 10” show, tomorrow, 12 December, from 8:00 AM - 10 AM PT, on Progrock.com.

Since my last Prog Folk show was all about The San Francisco Sound and how it influenced folk and rock artists of the time, I am going to focus on early psych folk, including an example of early prog folk. We'll visit the US (both coasts represented) and England, featuring 7 artists.  Following my segment, Dennis Gaylor will conclude the final hour with another edition of his Time Machine, 1971 Part 4.

There will a podcast available on progrock afterwards, if it’s at an inconvenient time for a live listen. To join the chat, go to progrock.com and click on Chat link at top of page.

Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Snicolette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 12 2023 at 11:44
Didja miss it? If you did, here's a link to the podcast of my Prog Folk Show #5 The Progenitors of Prog Folk, of 12 December 2023: https://podcasts.progrock.com/2023/12/12/nickies-prog-folk-show-5-the-progenitors-of-prog-folk/
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snicolette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 01 2024 at 10:56
Attention Fans of Musical Niches:  It’s that time again! 

Happy New Year to all!  It's absolutely astonishing that last month was the last Niches show of 2023, and here is the first month of 2024, a little more than 30 days later!  Will wonders never cease?  Let's hope not.  Anyway,

Ten fine musical acts from almost as many genres will appear on my "Nickie's Niches," segment on Chuck Simons’ “Top 10” show will be airing tomorrow morning, 02 January.  The show begins at 8am PST, on Progrock.com It includes mini-reviews and a tune from each of my Bandcamp and other purchases from last month.  Focus is on a wide variety of music, with an emphasis on chamber prog, ambient, world, soundtrack, and acid/wyrd/dark folk, most with a progressive twist.

Following my segment will be Dennis’ Time Machine.

Link to Progrock.com:  https://progrock.com/
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snicolette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 02 2024 at 10:46
Didja miss it?  If you did, here is a link to the podcast of Nickie's Niches from 02 January, 2024:  https://podcasts.progrock.com/2024/01/02/nickies-niches-25-january-2024/
Jaketejas View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Jaketejas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 03 2024 at 17:27
I just started listening to this. Very enjoyable! Thank you.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>