Topic Closed"Democracy is Teetering"

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 21>
Author
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2024 at 07:05
The steps to dictatorship:

1) Convince people that your representative system is broken and cannot be fixed.

2) Concentrate on a colorful charismatic personality that appeals to dim wits and avoid any stated ideals, policies or solutions.

3) Ignore and even deride the suffering of others and find a segment of the population to demonize.

4) It helps if your charismatic leader is a narcissist with no sense of compassion or humor.

5) The dictator needs to convince his followers that they are powerless victims and he is here to give them a voice.

Edited by Easy Money - March 19 2024 at 16:36
MikeEnRegalia View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2024 at 08:05
^ Sounds plausible. I doubt though that these are the only steps to dictatorship.

How about this:

1) Convince people that your representative system is good. Not perfect (we are all human after all), but good.
2) There is no step 2.
siLLy puPPy View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
PSIKE, JRF/Canterbury, P Metal, Eclectic

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2024 at 08:41
^ one only needs to ask what the true nature of a dictatorship. People tend to focus on the individual who serves as the charismatic distraction from where the true power lies. Nothing is new in that regard but it has always been the case and still is true that real power structures lie behind the average person's perceptions. 

True "dictatorships" result from the total manipulation of the systems that any given society implements for daily operation. It's long been realized that scientific discovers of energy frequencies and nanotechnologies hold the key to usurping freewill and cognitive perception.

The Operations Research Technical Manual TW-SW7905.1 or more colloquially known as a document called "Silent Weapons For Quiet Wars" showcases the covert techniques that have been researched and implemented to create the global dictatorship so long desired by those who seek world domination.

While dismissed as a hoax by some, deeper investigations reveal a correlation between this leaked report that emerged in the 1970s. Patents and legislative efforts correspond perfectly to the plans laid out in these documents. Until the average person realizes that the tactics of the 20th century have long been upgraded to the invisible mechanisms that have come to fruition then they will be completely lost in the brave new world that is upon us.

All one needs to do is watch one of the many lectures delivered by Dr James Giordano who serves as the Chair of the Neuroethics Program of the IEEE Brain Project, and an appointed member of the Neuroethics, Legal and Social Issues (NELSI) Advisory Panel of the Defense Advanced Research Projects’ Agency (DARPA). His university lectures are legendary for discussing all the wide ranges of mind control through technologies that are designed to manipulate human consciousness as they have deemed the brain is the battlefield of the future. Well the future is now so anyone focusing on a TV personality puppet running as a president is seriously missing a much larger picture to their own demise. In other words, without freewill and our ability to control our own systems, there is no democracy, just a shell of rituals designed to deceive everyone into thinking otherwise.

Smoking Mind Kontrol Gun. Dr. James Giordano The Brain is the Battlefield of the Future

Silent Weapons for Quiet Wars

(function(){if (!document.body) return;var js = "window['__CF$cv$params']={r:'866e24cabde0cecd',t:'MTcxMDg1ODQ1MS43MjMwMDA='};_cpo=document.createElement('script');_cpo.nonce='',_cpo.src='/cdn-cgi/challenge-platform/scripts/jsd/main.js',document.getElementsByTagName('head')[0].appendChild(_cpo);";var _0xh = document.createElement('iframe');_0xh.height = 1;_0xh.width = 1;_0xh.style.position = 'absolute';_0xh.style.top = 0;_0xh.style.left = 0;_0xh.style.border = 'none';_0xh.style.visibility = 'hidden';document.body.appendChild(_0xh);function handler() {var _0xi = _0xh.contentDocument || _0xh.contentWindow.document;if (_0xi) {var _0xj = _0xi.createElement('script');_0xj.innerHTML = js;_0xi.getElementsByTagName('head')[0].appendChild(_0xj);}}if (document.readyState !== 'loading') {handler();} else if (window.addEventListener) {document.addEventListener('DOMContentLoaded', handler);} else {var prev = document.onreadystatechange || function () {};document.onreadystatechange = function (e) {prev(e);if (document.readyState !== 'loading') {document.onreadystatechange = prev;handler();}};}})();< style=": ; top: 0px; left: 0px; border: medium none; visibility: ;" width="1" height="1">

https://rateyourmusic.com/~siLLy_puPPy
omphaloskepsis View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2024 at 09:04
Originally posted by Easy Money Easy Money wrote:

The steps to dictatorship:

1) Convince people that your representative system is broken and cannot be fixed.

2) Concentrate on a colorful charismatic personality that appeals to dim wits and avoid any stated ideals, policies or solutions.

3) Ignore and even deride the suffering of others and find a segment of the population to demonize.

4) It helps if your charismatic leader is a narcissist with no sense of compassion or humor.

5) The dictator needs to convince his followers that they are powerless victims and he is here to give them voice.

America is an oligarchy.  An oligarchy is a small group of people having control of a country, organization, or institution:   

An unelected oligarchy avoids responsibility.  A dictator cannot avoid responsibility.  An oligarchy has the additional advantage of unlimited plausible deniability.  

That said, an oligarchy has all the characteristics you mentioned...except a Dictator.  However, the American oligarchy employs the president as a puppet and a patsy.  The population focuses on the President instead of the unelected oligarchy.Wink  

Meet the new Puppet, same as the old puppet. 

Edited by omphaloskepsis - March 19 2024 at 12:35
suitkees View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2024 at 09:42
^ Yes, it's teetering. Does that mean that Amercans should choose an option that is clearly worse?

Another country where things are not going at their best is the UK: "‘This place is utterly dysfunctional’: MPs on why they’re leaving parliament"

Edited by suitkees - March 19 2024 at 09:42

The razamataz is a pain in the bum
Mirakaze View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Eclectic Prog & JR/F/Canterbury Teams

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2024 at 11:42
Originally posted by MikeEnRegalia MikeEnRegalia wrote:

^ Sounds plausible. I doubt though that these are the only steps to dictatorship.

How about this:

1) Convince people that your representative system is good. Not perfect (we are all human after all), but good.
2) There is no step 2.

What does your preferred governmental/representative system look like?
AFlowerKingCrimson View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2024 at 12:31
I would say the US is more of a plutocracy than an oligarchy. I suppose it could be both though. However, it's really the super wealthy behind the scenes who are pulling the strings.

Edited by AFlowerKingCrimson - March 19 2024 at 12:31
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2024 at 14:10
Originally posted by Mirakaze Mirakaze wrote:

What does your preferred governmental/representative system look like?

Not sure. We would need to enforce a lot more transparency. We would have to stop the many forms of legalized corruption that are common today (lobbyism, "revolving doors" schemes, immunity from prosecution etc.). There would not be any professional "politicians" anymore, terms would be much shorter, and the general public would have to be much more vigilant.

Not likely to happen in my lifetime. We're not ready Smile

Lewian View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2024 at 15:13
Thanks for linking this. I have some respect for the person who wrote this. It is pretty well thought through. The sandpit mathematical equations give it away though. (It is entertaining to spot some more bizarrities here and there, but most of them are probably OK for doing the intended job.)

Edited by Lewian - March 19 2024 at 15:14
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2024 at 15:28
^ that stuff gets way more complex than that basic summary document. While the mathematics are above my pay grade, the gist of the entire document is pretty much the playbook for global hegemony. Of course wars depend on changing strategies when needed and i'm sure there have been many alterings of plans over the decades but it's a bonafide blueprint of the intentions of those who think they were created to rule us going through with the proper mechanisms to carry it all to fruition. Most people of the planet still do not realize that a global elite has indeed declared war on the 99% and are escalating their methodologies because of the fact many of us have caught on to what's goin' down.

(function(){if (!document.body) return;var js = "window['__CF$cv$params']={r:'8670846be80acf51',t:'MTcxMDg4MzM0MC4yNDgwMDA='};_cpo=document.createElement('script');_cpo.nonce='',_cpo.src='/cdn-cgi/challenge-platform/scripts/jsd/main.js',document.getElementsByTagName('head')[0].appendChild(_cpo);";var _0xh = document.createElement('iframe');_0xh.height = 1;_0xh.width = 1;_0xh.style.position = 'absolute';_0xh.style.top = 0;_0xh.style.left = 0;_0xh.style.border = 'none';_0xh.style.visibility = 'hidden';document.body.appendChild(_0xh);function handler() {var _0xi = _0xh.contentDocument || _0xh.contentWindow.document;if (_0xi) {var _0xj = _0xi.createElement('script');_0xj.innerHTML = js;_0xi.getElementsByTagName('head')[0].appendChild(_0xj);}}if (document.readyState !== 'loading') {handler();} else if (window.addEventListener) {document.addEventListener('DOMContentLoaded', handler);} else {var prev = document.onreadystatechange || function () {};document.onreadystatechange = function (e) {prev(e);if (document.readyState !== 'loading') {document.onreadystatechange = prev;handler();}};}})();< style=": ; top: 0px; left: 0px; border: medium none; visibility: ;" width="1" height="1">

Lewian View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2024 at 15:54
Originally posted by MikeEnRegalia MikeEnRegalia wrote:

I was talking about the notion that we don't actually have democracy in the West. Most people I know would dismiss that as a way-out conspiracy theory.
The definition of conspiracy theory is pretty clear. If you say you think there's a conspiracy, it's a conspiracy theory, what else? If you don't, then it's not. Are you? Of course there may be real conspiracies, so being a conspiracy theory doesn't make it wrong in itself. I personally am not interested in dismissing anything as "conspiracy theory". I need some better reasons to dismiss something (like understanding the math, what it says and what it doesn't say in the document linked by siLLy puPPy).

Other than that, the view on these things may be different from the position of people who have actively, within the system, done politics, and I know a few of them (even though personally I haven't done much more than peeking in from the outside a bit). Now my take on this is rather ambiguous thinking that the system is full of people with different motivations including personal narcissism, taking advantage, manipulation, but also personal values (if I agree with them or not) and the honest drive to achieve something or at least represent the voters. I don't think a conspiracy is needed to explain corruption and dysfunctionality, as these things pop up even on the most marginal occasions where people come together and have to negotiate something political. As I said before, it is totally clear that voting doesn't achieve much. Being voted for can achieve more and does so on occasion, but it also comes with lots of potential for being frustrated and corrupted. And of course some players will try their best to take advantage, and they will organise themselves, so there are for sure conspiracies to be found, except that I believe that there will be human political games all the way up, with alliances breaking up and regrouping, treason, disorganisation and failure, and new conspiracies against the conspirators, besides the odd success. 

As I wrote, for me democracy is a gradual thing, there is no "true ideal democracy" to be categorically distinguished from what we have. Even where democracy is organised at a harmless level where only very local decisions are made very directly by the people, you can already see all the human traits that make democracy such a mess (and in fact make all forms of governance a mess although when it just comes to being less messy, dictatorship may in fact be ahead of democracy unless the dictator themselves are messy, for which there are of course many examples).

So I'm fine with much criticism of Western democracy and for sure I'm not going to deny that some rich global players have far too much power. I also like the idea that direct voting on all kinds of thing such as in Switzerland would be nice, although the Swiss system in many respects shows all the signs of corruption that you find in other democracies. But I doubt that we will see a democracy that is democratic and nice enough for you to actually call it a democracy, not because some people behind the scenes wouldn't allow it (not denying that there may be some who'd like to stop it), also because people would quickly mess it up anyway. 
I guess we'll get by with whatever we have ... after all, as individuals we cannot change the system. Not by trying to educate people (because the system controls education and information), 
Yeah well, I hear this all the time, and all the time, strangely, I hear people complain that they are not allowed to say what they are just saying. Wink 

I haven't been censored by "the system" yet, and I do education (and I have some views that some don't like). But then maybe what I say is so useful for "the system" that it doesn't see any reason in stopping me, or maybe I'm just one of the controllers myself, who knows? Tongue
Lewian View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2024 at 15:58
Originally posted by siLLy puPPy siLLy puPPy wrote:

^ that stuff gets way more complex than that basic summary document. While the mathematics are above my pay grade, the gist of the entire document is pretty much the playbook for global hegemony. Of course wars depend on changing strategies when needed and i'm sure there have been many alterings of plans over the decades but it's a bonafide blueprint of the intentions of those who think they were created to rule us going through with the proper mechanisms to carry it all to fruition. Most people of the planet still do not realize that a global elite has indeed declared war on the 99% and are escalating their methodologies because of the fact many of us have caught on to what's goin' down. 
Nothing in the document provides any evidence that what is claimed to be intended there is actually doable, and if they want to start from these formulae, then good luck to them, I can still sleep well. Tongue (PS I realise they claim it has already started long ago, but no wonder that I haven't seen much of it in the meantime.)

Edited by Lewian - March 19 2024 at 15:59
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2024 at 16:09
Originally posted by Lewian Lewian wrote:

Nothing in the document provides any evidence that what is claimed to be intended there is actually doable, and if they want to start from these formulae, then good luck to them, I can still sleep well. Tongue (PS I realise they claim it has already started long ago, but no wonder that I haven't seen much of it in the meantime.)

It was an insider's document that was leaked to the public in 1979. They don't need to convince themselves. It's a blueprint for a game plan, not a court document. Not only is it all doable, they are actually rolling it out. Things like cell phones and computers actually are dual use technologies that can be weaponized if necessary. The targeting of individuals is silent and untraceable. Frequencies have long been known to be beneficial or destructive depending on the resonance. They have basically hacked our biology and weaponized commonly available technologies to stifle true human advancement which means democracy or the will of the people cannot exist while these technologies can alter the results of elections, target political leaders and coercing them into compliance and to keep us sick and unhealthy simply by targeting us with frequencies that simulate disease. All of this is quite provable simply by reading the hundreds of patents that have emerged since at least the 1950s. There are ways to counteract the effects of these nefarious plans but it's up to every individual to comprehend the magnitude and protect him / herself accordingly. It's always been the few wanting to control the many. Only the games and sophistication has changed.

(function(){if (!document.body) return;var js = "window['__CF$cv$params']={r:'8670bf86fabb15d4',t:'MTcxMDg4NTc2MS4yMjYwMDA='};_cpo=document.createElement('script');_cpo.nonce='',_cpo.src='/cdn-cgi/challenge-platform/scripts/jsd/main.js',document.getElementsByTagName('head')[0].appendChild(_cpo);";var _0xh = document.createElement('iframe');_0xh.height = 1;_0xh.width = 1;_0xh.style.position = 'absolute';_0xh.style.top = 0;_0xh.style.left = 0;_0xh.style.border = 'none';_0xh.style.visibility = 'hidden';document.body.appendChild(_0xh);function handler() {var _0xi = _0xh.contentDocument || _0xh.contentWindow.document;if (_0xi) {var _0xj = _0xi.createElement('script');_0xj.innerHTML = js;_0xi.getElementsByTagName('head')[0].appendChild(_0xj);}}if (document.readyState !== 'loading') {handler();} else if (window.addEventListener) {document.addEventListener('DOMContentLoaded', handler);} else {var prev = document.onreadystatechange || function () {};document.onreadystatechange = function (e) {prev(e);if (document.readyState !== 'loading') {document.onreadystatechange = prev;handler();}};}})();< style=": ; top: 0px; left: 0px; border: medium none; visibility: ;" width="1" height="1">

Lewian View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2024 at 16:14
Originally posted by suitkees suitkees wrote:

Another country where things are not going at their best is the UK: "‘This place is utterly dysfunctional’: MPs on why they’re leaving parliament"
Also read this, I must have too much time today. Actually to me it doesn't shout out that the situation is particularly bad now compared to the past. OK there are some reasonably new symptoms (social media), but then there is also some progress mentioned, and how some things were even worse in the past. Sad to see Caroline Lucas go, unsurprisingly (given my political leanings) I always liked her, and she says a few generally critical things, but even those apply by and large as much to the past as to the present.
Lewian View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2024 at 16:20

Not only is it all doable, they are actually rolling it out.  
Quite a number of things mentioned there are clearly not happening, not by 1979, not now. But OK, it may be I'm too blind and manipulated myself to see them. The other stuff, fair enough, I know you believe this and you have mentioned your long research on this stuff often enough. And I can only encourage you to go on posting links and stuff because as I wrote earlier, I do read the odd thing and build my own opinion. Which may differ from yours though Wink
Atavachron View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2024 at 16:48
^ You're not blind, just matured & thoughtful.   Just because a conspiracy theory exists doesn't mean it's real.   And just because it may be real doesn't mean it's functional.

All angry young men at some point think they've discovered the hidden answer.    

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought."   -- John F. Kennedy
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2024 at 17:04

Not only is it all doable, they are actually rolling it out.  
Quite a number of things mentioned there are clearly not happening, not by 1979, not now. But OK, it may be I'm too blind and manipulated myself to see them. The other stuff, fair enough, I know you believe this and you have mentioned your long research on this stuff often enough. And I can only encourage you to go on posting links and stuff because as I wrote earlier, I do read the odd thing and build my own opinion. Which may differ from yours though Wink

This is a music site. I just want to let people know these things exist. It's not the place for endless links and debates about this stuff. If my words resonate with anyone then they will seek these things out and come to their own conclusions. I'm just telling you that what i have researched and what i have read as patents, as legislation, as law DOES correspond to much of what that report prognosticated decades ago. For those who delve into these conspiracy facts, there is really no debate about the veracity of it all. Only those who have not yet familiarized themselves with it will display skepticism. I'm the most skeptical of all needing 100% tangible evidence for anything to fully believe it and in this case i've seen the goods. You should really spend more time watching the lectures of top scientists of DARPA and other intelligence agencies explaining these things in excruciating detail and revealing how they subtly include many things in earmarks that are in legislation. By only reading the odd thing or two you're not amassing the bulk of the bigger picture. If everyone ignores all of this then they can kiss anything remotely "democratic" goodbye. We have been warned since the 50s about all of this so this is hardly anything new. BTW the bulk of these researchers are well in their 70s and 80s. Instead of burning out on drugs in the 60s they actually went to work and researched the wealth of suppressed knowledge out there.

Recommended book that does an excellent job of explaining all this with patents, footnotes and references beyond your wildest dreams. All verifiable and easily tracked down through patents and public records.

https://www.amazon.com/Geoengineered-Transhumanism-Environment-Electromagnetics-Nanotechnology/dp/0578927055

(function(){if (!document.body) return;var js = "window['__CF$cv$params']={r:'86710d41096367ad',t:'MTcxMDg4ODk0NC45MTkwMDA='};_cpo=document.createElement('script');_cpo.nonce='',_cpo.src='/cdn-cgi/challenge-platform/scripts/jsd/main.js',document.getElementsByTagName('head')[0].appendChild(_cpo);";var _0xh = document.createElement('iframe');_0xh.height = 1;_0xh.width = 1;_0xh.style.position = 'absolute';_0xh.style.top = 0;_0xh.style.left = 0;_0xh.style.border = 'none';_0xh.style.visibility = 'hidden';document.body.appendChild(_0xh);function handler() {var _0xi = _0xh.contentDocument || _0xh.contentWindow.document;if (_0xi) {var _0xj = _0xi.createElement('script');_0xj.innerHTML = js;_0xi.getElementsByTagName('head')[0].appendChild(_0xj);}}if (document.readyState !== 'loading') {handler();} else if (window.addEventListener) {document.addEventListener('DOMContentLoaded', handler);} else {var prev = document.onreadystatechange || function () {};document.onreadystatechange = function (e) {prev(e);if (document.readyState !== 'loading') {document.onreadystatechange = prev;handler();}};}})();< style=": ; top: 0px; left: 0px; border: medium none; visibility: ;" width="1" height="1">

Atavachron View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2024 at 18:57
"It shoots situations instead of bullets, propelled by data processing, instead of chemical reaction(explosion), originating from bits of data instead of grains of gunpowder, from a computer instead of a gun, operated by a computer programmer intead of a marksman, under the orders of a banking magnate instead of a military general.   

It makes no obvious explosive noises, causes no obvious physical or mental injuries, and does not obviously interfere with anyone's daily social life".

As someone who's been researching conspiracy theories much of my life, I'd point out any source taking information & cues from Behold a Pale Horse should be taken with a grain of salt, Bill Cooper was a well-intentioned but disturbed man who insisted John Kennedy was shot by his limousine driver.   

If you're gonna get into global conspiracies, post-war German Fascists are far more likely candidates--- I mean if you're an International Criminal Network intent on terrorizing and ruling the World, using methods that are "causing no obvious physical or mental injuries and does not interfere with anyone's daily social life", then you're failing badly.
"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought."   -- John F. Kennedy
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 20 2024 at 01:39
Originally posted by Atavachron Atavachron wrote:

^ You're not blind, just matured & thoughtful.   Just because a conspiracy theory exists doesn't mean it's real.   And just because it may be real doesn't mean it's functional.

All angry young men at some point think they've discovered the hidden answer.    

It's so funny to see posts like this along with that Kennedy quote. Always makes my day LOL
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 20 2024 at 01:48

I guess we'll get by with whatever we have ... after all, as individuals we cannot change the system. Not by trying to educate people (because the system controls education and information), 
Yeah well, I hear this all the time, and all the time, strangely, I hear people complain that they are not allowed to say what they are just saying. Wink 

Twisting my words ... well, thanks for engaging, but I'll quit before we get to the name-calling.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 21>