Forum Home Forum Home > Other music related lounges > General Music Discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Interactive poll team

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 910111213 52>
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mathman0806 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 21 2020 at 06:38
Also, if anyone wants to do another prog one. It's been awhile.
Cristi View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Crossover / Prog Metal Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cristi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 21 2020 at 06:44
Originally posted by mathman0806 mathman0806 wrote:

Also, if anyone wants to do another prog one. It's been awhile.

it's fine. Find Logan. He had an interesting idea a while ago - a round of melancholic, sad songs, but in a good, non-cheesy & sappy way. 
Logan View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Logan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 21 2020 at 14:10
Not sure what the theme will be (sad/melancolic = Nick Drake for me and we have already brought up lots of Drake), but I can do the next one as I was maybe going to do the one right after Lorenzo. If I do that then I would like to open it up to shorter songs as well included in Prog categories/ PP and PR.

I was scheduled for the 14th, but we had some poll delays and polls that ran longer. They have usually been done on a Monday or Tuesday, and I can at least put one together by tomorrow, if not late tonight, and hopefully have the nominations all up in the list by Thursday night or Friday morning.
Just a music fan passing through trying to fill some void. Various music I am into now: a youtube playlist
jamesbaldwin View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamesbaldwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 21 2020 at 15:58
Originally posted by Logan Logan wrote:

Not sure what the theme will be (sad/melancolic = Nick Drake for me and we have already brought up lots of Drake), but I can do the next one as I was maybe going to do the one right after Lorenzo. If I do that then I would like to open it up to shorter songs as well included in Prog categories/ PP and PR.

I was scheduled for the 14th, but we had some poll delays and polls that ran longer. They have usually been done on a Monday or Tuesday, and I can at least put one together by tomorrow, if not late tonight, and hopefully have the nominations all up in the list by Thursday night or Friday morning.

Welcome back, Greg!
"Happiness is real only when shared"
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote jamesbaldwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 25 2020 at 13:13
Dear friends, I would make a new calendar. In the absence of Raff and Micky, who in any case can give their availability at any time, I make you this proposal.

Edited by jamesbaldwin - September 25 2020 at 13:27
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamesbaldwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 25 2020 at 13:27
Dear friends, I would make a new calendar. In the absence of Raff and Micky, who in any case can give their availability at any time, I make you this proposal.

09/28: MELTDOWNER?

10/05 LEWIAN

10/12 SNICOLETTE

10/19 CRISTI

10/26 Shadowyzard?

11/02 TCat 

11/09 mathman0806 

11/16 Jamesbaldwin

11/23 Logan

Is it ok for you?

Anyway, we could change this order if (Raff, Micky) someone_else, suitkees, The Anders, dr wu23, prophesy disaster wanted to join the Interactive poll team.

Edited by jamesbaldwin - September 25 2020 at 15:46
Meltdowner View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meltdowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 25 2020 at 15:19
^ I thought Lewian was next, and I very much like his poll theme ;)
Logan View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Logan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 25 2020 at 15:35
Can't know if I'll be available at that time, but got plenty of time to see.
Just a music fan passing through trying to fill some void. Various music I am into now: a youtube playlist
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamesbaldwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 25 2020 at 15:43
Originally posted by Meltdowner Meltdowner wrote:

^ I thought Lewian was next, and I very much like his poll theme ;)

And you after Lewian? Ok?

Edited by jamesbaldwin - September 25 2020 at 15:44
someone_else View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote someone_else Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 25 2020 at 15:46
Originally posted by jamesbaldwin jamesbaldwin wrote:

10/05 LEWIAN

10/12 SNICOLETTE

10/19 CRISTI

10/26 Shadowyzard?

11/02 TCat 

11/09 mathman0806 

11/16 Jamesbaldwin

11/23 Logan

Is it ok for you?

Anyway, we could change this order if (Raff, Micky) someone_else, suitkees, The Anders, dr wu23 wanted to join the Interactive poll team.

Well, I had silently planned to make a guest appearance. I have one single idea for an interactive poll, which I keep to myself 'til the time is thereLamp.

Edited by someone_else - September 25 2020 at 15:46
Shadowyzard View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shadowyzard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 25 2020 at 16:38
Originally posted by jamesbaldwin jamesbaldwin wrote:

10/05 LEWIAN

10/12 SNICOLETTE

10/19 CRISTI

10/26 Shadowyzard?

11/02 TCat 

11/09 mathman0806 

11/16 Jamesbaldwin

11/23 Logan

Is it ok for you?

Anyway, we could change this order if (Raff, Micky) someone_else, suitkees, The Anders, dr wu23, prophesy disaster wanted to join the Interactive poll team.

Dear all,

Because of the Covid-19 thing, we'll be staying at our summerhouse for an indefinite time. Perhaps even for years. According to the statistics, the virus seems to be the most dangerous in Ankara, in Turkey. Also, our house in Ankara is now occupied by my aunts because my uncle has had cancer, and as Ankara is the capital of Turkey, the hospitals and all provide far better treatment conditions for them. Also our house there is in a very central position, also very close to the area where some of the most important hospitals are situated.

So, because of the stuff I've mentioned, and also thanks to the condition that my job gives me the opportunity to work from home, we'll not return to Ankara (where I have unlimited internet connection) for a very long time.

As you can deduce, I'll not be able to join the ride here in the near future. My puny GB's are just not enough to use Youtube often. Sleepy

I'll hang out hereabouts, anyway. I'll be happy if you continue to have fun.

I hope that my post hasn't turned out to be like the recent Anathema announcement. Haha.

See y'all. Hug

Edited by Shadowyzard - September 25 2020 at 16:40
Snicolette View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snicolette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 25 2020 at 16:42
Sorry to hear of your uncle...and that you can't contribute or even listen in very much.  But understandable.  May you stay safe and well. 
"Into every rain, a little life must fall." ~Tom Rapp
Logan View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Logan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 25 2020 at 16:45
Well take care Ozgur. I will miss your interactivity in these.

If we are in this for a very long haul, I hope that summerhouse is secure for the inevitable zombie apocalypse to follow.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shadowyzard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 25 2020 at 16:46
Originally posted by Snicolette Snicolette wrote:

Sorry to hear of your uncle...and that you can't contribute or even listen in very much.  But understandable.  May you stay safe and well. 

Thank you kind lady. You're Nickie, I'm nicky. I have a nick. Oh I guess I'm going mad because of excessive loneliness. WackoPartyLOL
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snicolette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 25 2020 at 16:52
Originally posted by Shadowyzard Shadowyzard wrote:

Originally posted by Snicolette Snicolette wrote:

Thank you kind lady. You're Nickie, I'm nicky. I have a nick. Oh I guess I'm going mad because of excessive loneliness. WackoPartyLOL
  I don't know if you've seen "My Big Fat Greek Wedding," but there are many Nickys in there, lol.  My grandfather was Nikola (from Split, Croatia).  And my son Aeron's middle name is Nicholas.  It's not madness *nictitates*  Wink

Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shadowyzard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 25 2020 at 17:27

If we are in this for a very long haul, I hope that summerhouse is secure for the inevitable zombie apocalypse to follow.

Haha, Greg. Thank you very much. Embarrassed

Let me share 3 of my recent experiences. Then tell me about how bad a zombie invasion can be. Wink

During the Gezi Park protests (you MUST be knowing this), I was in one of the most peaceful cities in Turkey, what is more, I was working from night to day (because my job was calling the American customers and Turkey's night is US' day). I had a Canadian co-worker friend and she was a member of the MasterPeace Global. OK, even if I wanted, I didn't have the chance to join the protests or take part in serious actions; but I hope we did something important there for my country, and indirectly for the world peace. We informed lots of Americans, who were anxious about the situation in Turkey. Of course, reasonable Americans weren't swallowing the news like pills and were asking us to tell the real situation here. My contribution shouldn't be nearly as big as my Canadian friend. I presume, as I didn't have broad global connections like her. All I can wish is that I was of some use anyhow.

There happened to be a coup attempt in Turkey several years ago. Perhaps you heard about it. It was a major news. Of course it happened in the capital, Ankara. Some fighter jets opened fire etc. The biggest events were very close to our house there. 10 minutes by foot, approximately. I was lucky because I had come to our summerhouse a couple of days before the events, hahah.

Some weeks ago, my country and our neighbour Greece had some major issues and the tension got high, there even appeared a possibility of an action, perhaps even a war. This happened only after I had came to our summerhouse. Guess what? You can swim to a Greek island from my place. It is that close. This time, it was just the flipside of the chance coin. Yet luckily, the tension is gone I suppose (and hope).

Zombie invasion? I'm a necromancer. I suppose I can handle them. Perhaps I can create zombies myself, to further the destruction of humanity. LOL

Anyway, I hope that I'll join amongst you sometime, again. I hope that you'll continue to have fun till that time; because when I come back, I'll bombard here with EXTREME APOCOLYPTICAL INFERNAL NIGHTMARISH METAL with uncensored AUTOPSY VISUALS. Till that time, try to have fun with your rainbow tunes. LOL

Seriously though, I'll miss to be a part here too. I'll not miss you because I'll continue to navigate and sometimes contribute to the forum.
Lewian View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lewian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 25 2020 at 17:30
Cheers to Ozgur!

I can do the next poll, however I find that a one week rhythm with my current working times is too fast, at least for appreciating four or so suggestions per participant (which otherwise of course is a good thing), so personally I would vote for stretching a poll out over 10-14 days. 

I'd also happily leave the next spot to somebody_else - I'm flexible in that regard.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snicolette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 25 2020 at 17:41
I agree with Lewian, even for me this one was barely enough time to listen, many of the participants are working full time and that has to make it hard to give every piece of music a fair shot.  Just my opinion, FWIW.  
Logan View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Logan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 25 2020 at 18:08
I had thought about asking Lorenzo if was okay with me going longer. It felt rushed to me as well, but that is how we were doing them to give as many people a chance as possible without having to wait months. But we have had our chances so it needn't matter so much now. I know some other more recent ones ran longer.

A way to keep it shorter would be to limit it to say, two mentions. I had planned to only make it three total this time as a maximum, then went with four, and then I ended up posting more. It's more fun when you can post lots. Of course if one is really busy one can just listen to the nominations, but it is better to spend some time with the music and listen multiple times over a while.

I know I got burnt out on these before because of the heavy schedule when I was trying to listen to and comment on all of the choices (even if my comments were never very thoughtful, which they were not).

Edited by Logan - September 25 2020 at 18:09
Logan View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Logan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 25 2020 at 20:10
Originally posted by Shadowyzard Shadowyzard wrote:

Haha, Greg. Thank you very much. Embarrassed

Let me share 3 of my recent experiences. Then tell me about how bad a zombie invasion can be. Wink

During the Gezi Park protests (you MUST be knowing this), I was in one of the most peaceful cities in Turkey, what is more, I was working from night to day (because my job was calling the American customers and Turkey's night is US' day). I had a Canadian co-worker friend and she was a member of the MasterPeace Global. OK, even if I wanted, I didn't have the chance to join the protests or take part in serious actions; but I hope we did something important there for my country, and indirectly for the world peace. We informed lots of Americans, who were anxious about the situation in Turkey. Of course, reasonable Americans weren't swallowing the news like pills and were asking us to tell the real situation here. My contribution shouldn't be nearly as big as my Canadian friend. I presume, as I didn't have broad global connections like her. All I can wish is that I was of some use anyhow.

There happened to be a coup attempt in Turkey several years ago. Perhaps you heard about it. It was a major news. Of course it happened in the capital, Ankara. Some fighter jets opened fire etc. The biggest events were very close to our house there. 10 minutes by foot, approximately. I was lucky because I had come to our summerhouse a couple of days before the events, hahah.

Some weeks ago, my country and our neighbour Greece had some major issues and the tension got high, there even appeared a possibility of an action, perhaps even a war. This happened only after I had came to our summerhouse. Guess what? You can swim to a Greek island from my place. It is that close. This time, it was just the flipside of the chance coin. Yet luckily, the tension is gone I suppose (and hope).

Zombie invasion? I'm a necromancer. I suppose I can handle them. Perhaps I can create zombies myself, to further the destruction of humanity. LOL

Anyway, I hope that I'll join amongst you sometime, again. I hope that you'll continue to have fun till that time; because when I come back, I'll bombard here with EXTREME APOCOLYPTICAL INFERNAL NIGHTMARISH METAL with uncensored AUTOPSY VISUALS. Till that time, try to have fun with your rainbow tunes. LOL

Seriously though, I'll miss to be a part here too. I'll not miss you because I'll continue to navigate and sometimes contribute to the forum.

That was an extremely good read. Turkey had sadly been quite tumultuous. I'd love to travel there at some time. Your necromancy with your good communication skills means that you might be able to convince the walking dead only to attack all who are a plague on our planet, so, yeah like everybody pretty much. If you do create them, please make them very slow. I would hate to deal with fast moving zombies, or ones that could swim (or fly planes). Black Metal Zombie Babes sounds like it could be a good film.

I'll be ready for the EXTREME APOCOLYPTICAL INFERNAL NIGHTMARISH METAL with uncensored AUTOPSY VISUALS and raise you with abysmal sunshine pop with uncensored pictures of puppies and kittens wearing overly cute outfits that are so sweet that it will give anyone diabetes. Evil, I know.

Take care.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 910111213 52>