Forum Home Forum Home > Topics not related to music > General discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Republican Thunderdome

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 15>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 1.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Atavachron View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atavachron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 28 2023 at 18:41
^ Navy pilots not knowing makes sense in the context of extreme secrecy (or if the Navy itself doesn't exactly know).   

If gravity could be controlled, you'd be able to develop many other uses than just flying craft at impossible velocities.   You might be able to affect all number of things you hadn't anticipated, things that would appear otherworldly and magical such as levitation, disintegration, "time travel", etc.   But all you'd need was a mastery of gravitational forces.

Edited by Atavachron - September 28 2023 at 18:46
"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought."   -- John F. Kennedy
AFlowerKingCrimson View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote AFlowerKingCrimson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 28 2023 at 19:00
^ Did you watch those videos? That technology didn't come from nowhere and imo it's very unlikely that the military or cia or whoever worked with scientists and came up with it in a secretive way. I suppose it's possible but it just seems unlikely to me. One theory suggests (and I'm not saying this is the case either because honestly I don't know either way but unlike you I won't rule anything out) that ufo technology is being used by the military to invent new spacecraft that while made on earth use technology that is extraterrestrial. I know that won't fly with you (pun intended - kind of) because you don't seem to think UFOs have ever been here (crashed or not) in the first place. It's ok. I know a lot of people still don't believe in UFOs. I get it. I don't see any other logical explanation though (at least not one that makes sense to me).

Anyway, congratulations to Catcher for causing us to change the subject since UFOs ostensibly have nothing to do with Republicans (many of them seem like aliens though). Wink

Edited by AFlowerKingCrimson - September 28 2023 at 19:05
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atavachron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 28 2023 at 19:19
^ The thing is I've been looking into it for decades so my perspective is one who has been through the looking glass, down the rabbit hole, and back again, and my current thinking is that it is more likely to be human-made stuff than aliens or alien-based backward-engineering.

To your question, I did not watch the material you posted but I will try to as it sounds interesting.   But I've seen most all of it and my simple opinion is that UAPs are real, aliens [particularly alien abductions] are not, and the tech developed has yielded far more than anyone expected.   Not unlike the atomic bomb.

But frankly I'd rather it be aliens, because the possibility that this stuff is in the hands of not just our military but also private groups with nefarious intentions, is terrifying.

Edited by Atavachron - September 28 2023 at 19:21
"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought."   -- John F. Kennedy
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AFlowerKingCrimson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 28 2023 at 19:43
^Well, it's a good and interesting discussion but ultimately I think we'll have to agree to disagree. ;)
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atavachron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 28 2023 at 19:50
Sure.  
progaardvark View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Crossover/Symphonic/RPI Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote progaardvark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 29 2023 at 07:58
Originally posted by Atavachron Atavachron wrote:

^ The thing is I've been looking into it for decades so my perspective is one who has been through the looking glass, down the rabbit hole, and back again, and my current thinking is that it is more likely to be human-made stuff than aliens or alien-based backward-engineering.

To your question, I did not watch the material you posted but I will try to as it sounds interesting.   But I've seen most all of it and my simple opinion is that UAPs are real, aliens [particularly alien abductions] are not, and the tech developed has yielded far more than anyone expected.   Not unlike the atomic bomb.

But frankly I'd rather it be aliens, because the possibility that this stuff is in the hands of not just our military but also private groups with nefarious intentions, is terrifying.

I'm curious about what led you to your current thinking. Do you have some sources, like some book titles or some articles or websites? Although I haven't had much time in recent months to read, if there is something you can recommend, I'll add it to my "things to read in the future" list. It can be just one or two titles that I can sink my teeth into. Thanks!
----------
i'm shopping for a new oil-cured sinus bag
that's a happy bag of lettuce
this car smells like cartilage
nothing beats a good video about fractions
Collaborator
Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote progaardvark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 29 2023 at 08:11
Originally posted by Catcher10 Catcher10 wrote:

What's hard to believe is they travel millions of miles, light years possibly and then crash on earth?? Confused As well the further/deeper you go into the galaxy and stars, essentially you are looking into the past...So where are they coming from with spacecraft that can do that from the past?

Also I'd like to know if they fart and what does it smell like.....Nuke

I could give a rats a$S who gets into the White House, they are all absolute morons, its a loose loose scenario. UFOs are what's important.

If they are human-made, it makes sense that they are crashing. Any new technology has flaws until it can be perfected. But even if they were made by extraterrestrials, the more complex a machine, the more likely it could break down. I don't know. I'm grasping at straws here. But you make a great point.

The fart thing is definitely curious. If we ever have a first contact event on Earth, that should be the first question we ask them. The other thing I'd be curious about (more so than the science) is the arts, especially music. If we can relate to them on farts and music, then that's a good thing.
----------
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AFlowerKingCrimson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 29 2023 at 08:13
I'm curious how he came to that conclusion too. I personally believe what I believe in part because I watch a lot of this tv show called paranormal caught on camera and they show all kinds of weird stuff (not just UFOs).  And it's not just one kind of UFO that I've seen on that show. There are so many different kinds. Imo, they can't all be from the government. I highly recommend that show.
The Dark Elf View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Dark Elf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 29 2023 at 08:38
Republicans...and aliens. Coincidence? I think not.
...a vigorous circular motion hitherto unknown to the people of this area, but destined
to take the place of the mud shark in your mythology...
verslibre View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote verslibre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 29 2023 at 10:04
Originally posted by AFlowerKingCrimson AFlowerKingCrimson wrote:

^Well, that's just it. They aren't "running into" us. They are just spying on us. Wink

We're way past that. John Carpenter low-key gave us the spiel back in '88.

JD View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 29 2023 at 10:07
^LOL  Classic 'Rowdy' Roddy Piper reference. A great Canadian Wrestler.
Gotta get me some of those shades !

Edited by JD - September 29 2023 at 10:08
Thank you for supporting independently produced music
verslibre View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote verslibre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 29 2023 at 10:09
Originally posted by progaardvark progaardvark wrote:

^If that's the case, it's not just secret tech, but new physics too. I understand some of these craft are capable of accelerating from anywhere between 100g to over 5000g without a sonic boom. Or going from 28,000 feet in the air down to sea level in under a second without really causing much disturbance to the sea below it when it stopped. 

I want to know if they can brew me a cup of joe that does this...

verslibre View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote verslibre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 29 2023 at 10:11
Originally posted by JD JD wrote:

^LOL  Classic 'Rowdy' Roddy Piper reference. A great Canadian Wrestler.
Gotta get me some of those shades !

An all-around cool guy. I had the pleasure of meeting him many years ago. Hard to believe he's gone.

I also love Hell Comes to FrogtownClap
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 29 2023 at 14:46

I'm curious how he came to that conclusion too. I personally believe what I believe in part because I watch a lot of this tv show called paranormal caught on camera and they show all kinds of weird stuff (not just UFOs).  And it's not just one kind of UFO that I've seen on that show. There are so many different kinds. Imo, they can't all be from the government. I highly recommend that show.

I watch some of that stuff....one of my sons is all into the govt hearings of late. He clearly believes it's "true"......
For me I've been interested in UFO's most of my life. I was probably the only one on my block that was excited when the show Project UFO in the late 70s aired. I think there was another one as well.......

You have pilots from the Navy, AirForce that have run into these things and they can't explain it. My mind has always been open, but I also am one of proof is in the pudding. I fully believe we are not alone, but how far away are these "others". Where we have travelled or explored in space/universe is essentially the same as you walking onto your front porch....that's about as far as we have ventured from mama earth.
Bottom line is we don't have a f**ing clue! We don't even know what questions to ask scientists, I think that is how ignorant we are as humans right now.
omphaloskepsis View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote omphaloskepsis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 29 2023 at 15:20
Originally posted by Catcher10 Catcher10 wrote:

I'm more interested in if UFOs are real...

An airborne unidentified balloon is a UFO.   Yes, UFOs are real. 
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atavachron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 29 2023 at 16:10

I'm curious about what led you to your current thinking. Do you have some sources, like some book titles or some articles or websites? Although I haven't had much time in recent months to read, if there is something you can recommend, I'll add it to my "things to read in the future" list. It can be just one or two titles that I can sink my teeth into. Thanks!

You bet--   almost anything by Joseph P. Farrell, particularly Saucers,Swastikas,and Psy-Ops .

Now, I am not a conspiracy guy, it's just that the UAP human explanation makes much more sense to me than the alien one.   That is a stretch, no doubt, but I think after all these decades of legitimate UFO sightings and all the research I've looked into, it just doesn't feel like aliens anymore, and closer to a hidden science that is so closely guarded it doesn't matter what the public think as long as the technology is kept secret.

Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atavachron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 29 2023 at 16:23

I looked at your suggested 'Pentagon declassifies UFO navy videos' stuff and it's footage I'm familiar with---  some of it is fascinating like the rotating gyro-craft off the side of the jet with the pilot's descriptions, much of it is grainy, vague and of poor quality.   The point is not that these craft do things that aren't supposed to be possible, but that their patterns of behavior are emerging more as human harassment, intimidation and vandalism rather than aliens who are here for some mysterious purpose.

Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AFlowerKingCrimson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 29 2023 at 16:33

I looked at your suggested 'Pentagon declassifies UFO navy videos' stuff and it's footage I'm familiar with---  some of it is fascinating like the rotating gyro-craft off the side of the jet with the pilot's descriptions, much of it is grainy, vague and of poor quality.   The point is not that these craft do things that aren't supposed to be possible, but that their patterns of behavior are emerging more as human harassment, intimidation and vandalism rather than aliens who are here for some mysterious purpose.

Did someone say that last part (about the human harassment) or is that just your opinion? I'm basically wondering how you came to that conclusion. 

Edited by AFlowerKingCrimson - September 29 2023 at 16:33
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atavachron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 29 2023 at 16:37
The 'human harassment' is my opinion based on what I've learned, my own independent observations, and of course reading guys like Joseph Farrell.

Collaborator
Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote progaardvark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 29 2023 at 16:42

You bet--   almost anything by Joseph P. Farrell, particularly Saucers,Swastikas,and Psy-Ops .

Now, I am not a conspiracy guy, it's just that the UAP human explanation makes much more sense to me than the alien one.   That is a stretch, no doubt, but I think after all these decades of legitimate UFO sightings and all the research I've looked into, it just doesn't feel like aliens anymore, and closer to a hidden science that is so closely guarded it doesn't matter what the public think as long as the technology is kept secret.

All fair points. Thanks for the recommended reading. Much appreciated. Thumbs Up
----------
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 15>