Forum Home Forum Home > Other music related lounges > Music and Musicians Exchange
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

An Instrumental Thing I made

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frets N Worries Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 12 2023 at 17:27
UPDATE: I think I'm done with the project, it sounds good to me, i might suggest it be added to the Archives, but unless I am mistake, I need to be able to sell a physical copy of it, ah well. 

The finished tracklist: 

Atmos I:

Welcome to Atmos (2:08)
Let the Feast Being (4:13)
Cabin (4:13)
Sky Surfer - (I. Space Travellin II. Crash and Burn III. Funeral for a Friend) (9:36)
The Stardust Medley (22:17)

I thank you all who have given me kind comments, and suggestions, now I go on to better things with my music. 

The album will be uploaded sometime next month to streaming services everywhere. You can hear it on YouTube now however. (as of time of posting, The Stardust Medley is not on there yet, only the demo. The finished product will be soon) I'll put the lyrics in the description for each song. 

I once again thank you all for this experimental (for me at least) and eclectic album being put out next month. 

Thanks,
Tennyson, 'Atmos'
The Wheel of Time Turns, and Ages come and pass. What was, what will be, and what is, may yet fall under the shadow.

Let the Dragon ride again on the winds of time...
Frets N Worries View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frets N Worries Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 22 2023 at 16:29
UPDATE:

I thank you all for your valuable input, (especially Moshkito, happy birthday btw), and am pleased to announce the full album is available to stream on Bandcamp and Soundcloud right now, both are free, no payment required. It will be released on services such as iTunes and Spotify December 10th, 2023. This will probably be my second to last post on this thread, then it can drift off into obscurity. 

AwesomeProg (Album)

The Wheel of Time Turns, and Ages come and pass. What was, what will be, and what is, may yet fall under the shadow.

Frets N Worries View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frets N Worries Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 09 2023 at 22:05
Final Post on this Thread:

My journey of making my first album has come to a close. 

'Atmos I' Released December 10th, 2023 comprises the following tracks

Atmos I:

Welcome to Atmos (2:05)
Let the Feast Being (4:13)
Cabin (4:13)
Sky Surfer (9:36)
The Stardust Medley (22:32)

A brief note / description on each track:

Welcome To Atmos:
Short, with a wonky backwards guitar solo

Let the Feast Begin:
A song about a broken down steamboat gone Donner-Dinner Party, delicious!

Cabin:
Old man in his cabin, storm arrives, cool guitar bit, ending is left ambiguous

Sky Surfer:
Comrised of three seperate sections (first and last instrumental)

The first one (Space Trippin') is the same bit for a couple minutes, symbolizing a peaceful trip through the stars. Two Guitars and a Bass

The Second (Crash and Burn) is more experimental, some sound effects and harsh spoken words telling the tale of the crashed sky surfer through heavily filtered vocals 'and he dies.... alone' 

The third is a very nostalgic instrumental section titled 'Funeral for a Friend' 

Overall it's a very sad tale of a sky surfer, I do love the third part of that song. 

Now, for the giant epic, 

The Stardust Medley:
Comprising of 11 Distinct parts, this tells an epic tale of an unnamed child wanting to go to the stars, and he works hard to achieve that goal, but for what. He gets up to space and realizes how small he is and becomes depressed. He becomes the first man on mars, but decides to purposefully stay. He survives for a month-ish. But there is a complication, a nearby star has gone supernova, and it's deadly gamma rays are travelling towards him. He does not care. He accepts his fate, and as he is dying, the final verse of the song plays, 'XI. Stardust (Reprise)' The verse is as follows:

Blackstar, round my head, through my eyes
I Thank You for this, endless bliss
My breath is gone, my eyes... are black
Stardust, I THANK YOU!!

All 11 Parts are as follows:
I: Up, Up, and Away
II: Launch (Instrumental)
III: Floating
IV: Mars Landing (Instrumental)
V: I Can't Go Home
VI: Staying
VII: Life on Mars? (Instrumental) 
VIII: Back
IX: Stardust
X: He's Gone (Instrumental)
XI: Stardust (Reprise)

As you can see, I'm proud of 'The Stardust Medley' in particular. This isn't a happy album, perhaps polarizing, and I might not be proud of it years from now, but as of this moment, I am proud of it. I'm proud I could create this thing. 

Whether this is a prog album or not, I do not care. I am going to continue experimenting with sounds and synths as much as I am able. Since I have other albums in the works (Including what I hope to be a 2-Hour long song), I will be kept busy. 

'Atmos I' is available everywhere for free. (Go ahead and stream it through BandCamp though, you get some cool extra pictures and a lyric sheet with it, it's still free) I spent a LOT of time working on it, so if you feel like giving anything that would be appreciated, but please, do not feel the need to at all. I enjoy making music, this is fulfilling for me. It's the start of what I hope to be a long journey into bettering my playing, composing, and lyrical abilities. I greatly thank you all for all the feedback, comments and concerns concerning this music. It's been a trip man, and I'm just glad to be a part of it. 

Most of it is comprised of strung together samples and synths, there is occasionally some guitar playing by me throughout, but not much. It's mostly synths and stuff. The way I've categorized it on AwesomeProg is 'Sad Eclectic Experimental Prog Rock' which I feel is a fitting description. It's got a rather cold (maybe mellow) and isolated sound to it. A sound I hope to explore more in the future with soundscapes and crazy guitar effects. 

Every demo I do is available on BandLab here (for better or for worse) nevertheless, I've waxed on enough about this. If you have anything you want me to say, you can message me here or on another website I've linked below. 

Once again, I thank you all for helping me along this path. 

Shine On, You Crazy Diamonds!

Bandcamp

Cover art for Atmos I by Atmos

Signed, 
Tennyson B. 'Atmos'  

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12