FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedJethro Tull

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 26 2004 at 09:59

Originally posted by James Lee James Lee wrote:

I know you wanted to stay away from compilations, but I really love "Bursting Out"...it's a great live show, the band is at their strongest and Ian is great in between songs, it includes a lot of the band's best material, and the sound quality is not too bad (for a 70s live album). If you're any kind of guitar fan, Barre is really prominent in the mix too (and if you're a bass fan, you can actually hear it clearly on all the tracks, unlike on many Tull releases).

I couldn't agree more, 'Bursting Out' is a great document of the band at the height of it's creative powers. I think it was recorded on the 'Songs From The Wood' tour but correct me if I'm wrong.

I must remind the right honourable gentleman that a monologue is not a decision.
- Clement Atlee, on Winston Churchill
Velvetclown View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 26 2004 at 10:02
Heavy Horses Tour
Petra View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 26 2004 at 10:31

Bursting Out was the first Tull album I bought and the minute i heard the first track 'no lullaby' i knew i would love this band.

Heavy Horses is a wondefully uplifting album but Aqualung is probably my favourite, i prefer the darker heavier Tull.

Don't hate me
I'm not special like you
sigod View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 26 2004 at 11:38

Originally posted by Velvetclown Velvetclown wrote:

Heavy Horses Tour

Ithangyew....

I must remind the right honourable gentleman that a monologue is not a decision.
- Clement Atlee, on Winston Churchill
Panoramic View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 26 2004 at 21:17
Thanks guys...I think I'll check out Song from The Wood and Minstrel in the Gallery and perhaps Bursting Out
Garion81 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 26 2004 at 22:48

Originally posted by Panoramic Panoramic wrote:

Thanks guys...I think I'll check out Song from The Wood and Minstrel in the Gallery and perhaps Bursting Out

Can't go wrong with any of those. I just bought the remastered Bursting Out and it sounds terrific.  It has a a great 12 minute version of Thick as a Brick which shows off the talents of John Glasscock and Barymore Barlow (Bass and Drums). I happend to see that tour and the one before that, Great set and music was just on the money. Great picture of the "classic" Tull lineup.

Garion81 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 26 2004 at 22:53
Originally posted by sigod sigod wrote:

Originally posted by James Lee James Lee wrote:

I know you wanted to stay away from compilations, but I really love "Bursting Out"...it's a great live show, the band is at their strongest and Ian is great in between songs, it includes a lot of the band's best material, and the sound quality is not too bad (for a 70s live album). If you're any kind of guitar fan, Barre is really prominent in the mix too (and if you're a bass fan, you can actually hear it clearly on all the tracks, unlike on many Tull releases).

I couldn't agree more, 'Bursting Out' is a great document of the band at the height of it's creative powers. I think it was recorded on the 'Songs From The Wood' tour but correct me if I'm wrong.

It was the year after, 1978 Heavy Horses tour I think because it has One Brown Mouse and Songs From the Woods is abbreviated.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12