FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedVolume Pedal

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 07 2008 at 18:24
Originally posted by Mr ProgFreak Mr ProgFreak wrote:

^ and you think that swearing will help your case?

I didn't think it would have any effect on my case. It's just a word used for emphasis in my stubborn lash-back. Why bother even pointing that out?
My solo music: ANTHROPIATE
Atavachron View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 07 2008 at 21:04
Originally posted by JulioSouth JulioSouth wrote:

Originally posted by Atavachron Atavachron wrote:

I always wanted a cut-off switch.. I liked how Rhoads used his, Dave Meniketti too

Gibson Les Paul guitars have independent volume and tone knobs for its pickups, so you simply turn down to zero the volume knob for the neck pickup (while having the bridge pickup one fully maxed), toggle the pickup selector and there you have it, instant cut-off switch! Smile

I know but Randy Rhoads had button he'd depress (I think on his V) and it seemed to allow more freedom of expression with it..  Meniketti uses the volume switch on Gibsons and Carvins as you're saying though

JLocke View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 21 2008 at 09:19
Goodrich  makes really good volume pedals. Even the lower priced models are top-notch compared to most others. If you have the bucks (or quid; didn't notice where you were from) extra to spare, I would suggest Goodrich to anyone.
Fio View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 28 2008 at 00:36
The other guitarist in my band just got an Ernie Ball VP Jr. I tried it and it sounds and works great. Goodrich also makes fantastic volume pedals but they are a bit pricey.
JLocke View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 03 2009 at 16:38
^Yep, like I said, not everyone can afford to invest in one, but they are reliable and sound great and natrual.

Ernie Ball volume pedals have been known to break sooner that other brands, which I why I haven't gotten one yet. Otherwise, they are very good, and if you take good care of them, they can probably last longer than others.

Edited by p0mt3 - February 03 2009 at 16:38
pianoman View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 06 2009 at 05:50
Im supporting the Pod XT live. I have one, and it is the best multi-effects board I have ever bought. I think it was worth the $400 that I paid for it.
himtroy View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 28 2009 at 22:08

Originally posted by JulioSouth JulioSouth wrote:

I always wanted a cut-off switch.. I liked how Rhoads used his, Dave Meniketti too

Gibson Les Paul guitars have independent volume and tone knobs for its pickups, so you simply turn down to zero the volume knob for the neck pickup (while having the bridge pickup one fully maxed), toggle the pickup selector and there you have it, instant cut-off switch! Smile

I know but Randy Rhoads had button he'd depress (I think on his V) and it seemed to allow more freedom of expression with it..  Meniketti uses the volume switch on Gibsons and Carvins as you're saying though

Yeah, getting a kill switch installed is very easy to do.  Even if you give your guitar to a store and tell them to do it it will cost you under thirty dollars, possible under twenty.  I have switches on all mine, but a button would be just as easy to do.  It's nice, not only for the effect, but when you're jamming with people and you're trying to stop and say something or set your guitar down, just flick it up and your signals dead and good you're good to go.
jammun View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 28 2009 at 23:01
Originally posted by p0mt3 p0mt3 wrote:

Goodrich  makes really good volume pedals. Even the lower priced models are top-notch compared to most others. If you have the bucks (or quid; didn't notice where you were from) extra to spare, I would suggest Goodrich to anyone.

Got no complaints with my Goodrich.  Now if I could just learn to play that pedal steel...
MrEdifus View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 13 2009 at 21:55
I've got a  Dunlop HighGain, and I'm happy with it.

holy ghost View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 06 2010 at 11:03
Originally posted by DatM DatM wrote:

The Ernie Ball seems to be the industry standard.  Back when i was thinking of getting one, that's the one everybody told me I should get...not just because of build quality, but also because of pedal response.

It's built like a tank and works with no issues, I'm quite taken with mine, you know......
Slartibartfast View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / In Memoriam

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 06 2010 at 11:21
I had to replace a flood damaged guitar effects box.  I got a Line 6 Floor Pod Plus that has one, which my last effects box didn't.  I must confess I'm too busy to mess with the volume pedal.  It's got 120 pretty decent presets I'm still exploring. LOL
Released date are often when it it impacted you but recorded dates are when it really happened...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12