Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Gigs, Tours and Festivals
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedKeith Emerson & Greg Lake to tour USA together

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 04 2010 at 20:45
I hear they're playing in my area...awesome.
Raff View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 06 2010 at 09:36
Just for a laugh... Found this on the Tour reviews page of the Yes website, in the section dedicated to reviews of the show that should have taken place tonight in DC (and which, thank heavens, was rescheduled for Feb 15):

LAST YEAR IT WAS A MONSOON.NOW ITS A BLIZZARD.WHAT'S NEXT....LOCUST? ClapLOL
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 06 2010 at 09:50
hahahha... well we have tickets for it...  so nothing would surprise me.

At least for Brian's sake we don't live in Cali...  remember the trailer for 2010 LOL

hopefully no one makes the Micky-Raff connection... we'll get shunned if they find we have tickets to a show haha
The Pedro and Micky Experience - When one no longer requires psychotropics to trip
Garion81 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 06 2010 at 10:21
Hey Micky you wern't at that Genesis show in 2007 at the Hollywood bowl were you?  You know the one in early October when it rained! It rained n So Cal in October at an outdoor arena like that never happens! You had to have been there because then I have someone to blame over the fact they had to cancel the encore so my lasting live experience from Genesis, looks live ever, was Invisible Touch! Please let me blame you please LOL

"What are you going to do when that damn thing rusts?"
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 06 2010 at 10:42
hahha.... nope...  can't blame me for that one LOL Wink
The Pedro and Micky Experience - When one no longer requires psychotropics to trip
wentka View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 02 2010 at 09:55
The first show was scheduled for last night, April 1, at Lakewood Civic Auditorium in Cleveland.  It was canceled.  Anyone know why?
Misomex777 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 03 2010 at 09:50
Do you have tickets to an upcoming E & L show? Dont be so sure it will happen. Check out this link
Kojak View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 04 2010 at 14:29
Originally posted by wentka wentka wrote:

The first show was scheduled for last night, April 1, at Lakewood Civic Auditorium in Cleveland.  It was canceled.  Anyone know why?

I read reports where apparently it was down to an argument between the 2 of them, but if that IS the case, how do they know they'll be speaking again by the 5th, which is when the next gig is scheduled to actually take place, canceling the 2 or so previous. I mean, what, like I can't talk to you now, but I'll be ready by the 5th..??? Smile 

Although now there is this:
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?v=feed&story_fbid=10150181917425457&id=822140456#!/KEITH.EMERSON.OFFICIALPAGE?ref=ts
Dellinger View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 04 2010 at 21:38
Now, I don't know how bad an argument between 2 people can be that they would have to cancel several shows already with tickets on sale (I don't really know how well the tickets were selling), but it is extremely childish and un-professional to do so. I mean, they should be able to just not talk to each other except for the rehearsals and then part ways once the tour is over. Or if they know they can't stand each other, then not even plan a tour (some one-offs should be the most they can plan). And if they need to tour to get some more income, they surely could arrange to play with some other prog legends, or new bands with potential. Surely, for example, Wakeman, Anderson, Rabin will need a bass player for their album and shows these year (if it indeed happens), and if Greg Lake was to be included, well it would surely call A LOT of attention.
Garion81 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 04 2010 at 22:04
Here are the official comments. Whatever it means if Rams Head in MD goes off Monday  I am sure we will be okay including the three canceled show rescheduled.:

LETTER FROM THE FRONT

I must apologise for the very last-minute cancellation of the show in Lakewood, and also of Glenside and Ridgefield shows, and for my absence of an issuance of any sort of statement.

The production we had hoped to put on was lacking in its musical and technical preparations. I was too distraught and embarrassed to come on stage to perform or even to announce the sudden cancellation myself, and to issue a statement immediately. What we were embarking upon was completely new ventures for both of us. I could not appear in front of an audience with high-expectations unprepared. At that particular time, the quality of music I wished to present was more important to me than my reputation or financial gain. I now realize fully that the decision had a devastating effect on many including fans, my crew, staff, the promoters and the venues.

I will make every effort to fulfill our commitments to fans and friends at the re-scheduled dates in May for the cancelled shows.

I realize that I have disappointed my loyal fans. I know that many of you have traveled afar, used your precious vacation days, and spent your hard-earned money just to see the show. I am very sorry not only to those who came to Lakewood and those who bought tickets for Glenside and Ridgefield shows, but also all fans for whom I have deep respect.

I hope you can accept us delivering good shows, starting on Monday, April 5 in Annapolis, as a form of sincere apology.

Keith Emerson
Annapolis, 3 April 2010

Garion81 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 05 2010 at 21:04
I heard a report from someone at the Rams head show in Maryland tonight 

"They are on stage and doing  a killer version of a 1969 classic." 

So whatever the problem it seems to be solved. 

Edited by Garion81 - April 05 2010 at 21:05

Garion81 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 06 2010 at 11:50
Here is a more detailed review.

Okay, I'm not a great reviewer but here is my impression of their show in Annapolis tonight:

First impression walking up to the venue Rams Head Tavern...this is not a big place (but one reason why I like) but parked out front not 1 but TWO huge tour buses AND a Semi! You would think they were playing a stadium!

Checked out the merch stand...no CDs but several shirts, hat and mug. Scored a nice Manticore Hall shirt.

The show started only a little late and the announcer said that Greg was 'on the tail end of a throat infection' and he was going to perform regardless but to please understand that his voice may not be 100% (Could this be one of the reasons they canceled the 1st 3 shows of the tour?). Indeed his voice was a bit raspy but seemed to get a little better as the eve went on. Still, it was a treat to hear him after all these years (Last time I saw him was when they did the Black Moon tour ...not a great release IMHO).

Some people speculated in another thread that they thought the reason the 1st 3 shows were canceled was because Keith and Greg had a fight. Well, don't know about that but I do know that if they did it sure didn't show onstage tonight! They were full of good humor and told some great stories. The set list will follow after this paragraph so SPOILER ALERT for those who care. Anyway, it was a great show...even though the drums were 'canned' tracks. Some of the tunes were a little re-arranged so be aware of that if you are going to one of their upcoming shows (but not to worry, they were still fantastic). Here comes the set list (I think I got it all....)

From The Beginning
I Talk To The Wind
Take A Pebble
Tarkus (excellent BTW)

they took a break here

Keith tells a story about the spinning piano and fireworks
Cest La Vie
Bitches Crystal
America (a little bit,no vocals)/Rondo

Here they took some questions from the audience and 1 guy asked if they ever do Benny The Bouncer. Keith replies...not recently and then proceeded to do a bit of it with Greg joining in but stopped and said, oh that's the wrong key isn't it? So they started again and did a bit of it again to the audiences delight.

Pirates

Then Greg tells the story about how the song Lucky Man came to be....
Lucky Man

Huge standing ovation, expecting an encore....but none after that.

Despite that, it was a very satisfying show and for my money...well worth it. They told some great stories and jokes and performed very well.

wentka View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 06 2010 at 15:15
The song is "I Talk to the Wind" from the King Crimson album "ITCOTCK"
wentka View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 06 2010 at 15:16
I have tickets for the show on April 10th.  I'll report back after the show!
Garion81 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 06 2010 at 15:28
Originally posted by wentka wentka wrote:

The song is "I Talk to the Wind" from the King Crimson album "ITCOTCK"

What's the point?  Confused

Kojak View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 07 2010 at 09:42
On Keith's facebook page someone is saying it should be renamed the 'unlucky man' tour as they now can't play until the 8th due to Greg's throat problems. Those at Annapolis were lucky.
wentka View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 07 2010 at 14:58
I heard the same.  Greg is suffering from serious laryngitis (as reported on his website and Keith Emerson's).  My tickets are for April 10th.  Something tells me I'm not gonna be "lucky"....
Kojak View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 08 2010 at 13:09
I'll keep my fingers crossed for you, mate...
Garion81 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 08 2010 at 13:13
Well tonight is the night they are supposed to resume.  Greg having two nights off hopefully will have recovered.  Sometimes though laryngitis can last a while. Hopefully it is just a small after affect of his infection.

Kojak View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 08 2010 at 13:21
Throat infections do tend to drag on, I can't imagine his voice/throat having a chance to fully recover over just 2 nights, but howsever, we shall see....
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>