Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Bands, Artists and Genres Appreciation
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Italian Prog Appreciation den

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 291292293294295 358>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Guldbamsen View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guldbamsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2014 at 04:43
Hahahh!!!
Ninja'd my friend!!!:-P
“The Guide says there is an art to flying or rather a knack. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”

- Douglas Adams
Aussie-Byrd-Brother View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussie-Byrd-Brother Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2014 at 04:54
All good, my friend...besides, there's nothing that can't be improved with the added presence of a ninja!
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guldbamsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2014 at 05:07
Amen to that! Nun Chuk's included:-P
“The Guide says there is an art to flying or rather a knack. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”

- Douglas Adams
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussie-Byrd-Brother Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2014 at 05:10
I'm already Michael, but I am thinking of changing my surname to Dudikoff!
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guldbamsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2014 at 05:16
I'm afraid that name would mean little to the prefominant part of people, outside of the few of us who fancies bad 80s martial arts movies:-D

Edited by Guldbamsen - May 29 2014 at 05:17

- Douglas Adams
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussie-Byrd-Brother Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2014 at 05:30
Well, all the cool kids get it!

So how about that Italian prog, people?!
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guldbamsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2014 at 05:51
Hahahh!!!!

How about that Dedalus debut huh? :-P
Absolutely breathtaking Italian jazz rock album!

- Douglas Adams
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussie-Byrd-Brother Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2014 at 05:57
Dedalus!! I've got that in the car, I'm leaving work right now, and you've picked the perfct soundtrack for my drive home, Dave!

Tom Ozric View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom Ozric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2014 at 06:04
^ Love the electric cello on this Dedalus album.
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guldbamsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2014 at 06:07
Score!! I hope you dig it Michael!

And I completely echo Tom's sentiment on this:-D

- Douglas Adams
Tom Ozric View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom Ozric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2014 at 06:20
Thoughts on Delirium's debut 'Dolce Acqua' anyone ??
This one took a few spins (i.e. lots) for me to fully appreciate. A lovely Folky, Jazzy romantic album. Gonna spin this one soon methinks.
Todd View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
RPI / Heavy Prog Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Todd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2014 at 07:11
Originally posted by Tom Ozric Tom Ozric wrote:

^ I'm just up to the big Pipe Organ section on side 2 - I am enjoying it for the most part, it may just be the sort of tinny production where the vocals tend to sound somewhat shrill and dated. It's the Akarma vinyl and the sound isn't as clear as usual. I'd probably say it's a 4 star album, and I'm curious with the updated version.

Tom, you really should check out the new version. All the production issues have been resolved--no more tinny vocals. I think it's on progstreaming right now.
"I have seen the broken sky turn blue."

My Gnosis Ratings

Sagichim View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sagichim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 02 2014 at 06:44
Guys I'm really blown away by this album right now...

It's been a few weeks I guess since this album came to me and although it sounded really good right away, it sounds even better after so many spins. I usually don't like new RPI titles but a few of them have managed to sneak in over the years. I thought I'd take a chance with this one since these guys are not new to this scene, plus check out  the line up, in addition to two of the band's original line up Luciano Regoli and Nanni Civitenga there are also Claudio Simonetti and Fabio Pignatelli (Goblin), Lino Vairetti (Osanna), Nicola Di Staso and Walter Martino (Libra). So I was actually very surprised at first listen, this album doesn't have that slick sound many new RPI albums seem to have, but instead sounds quite raw and gritty, with some impressive heavy loud guitars, beautiful flute, Hammond, sax, piano and violin, top that with some excellent arrangements that makes this album truly progressive on its own right. The style is far from their 70's stuff and some of it isn't really RPI but I really don't care since this is simply superb!

Here's some of it for anyone who's not familiar with it yet...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EGGoYCop-c4 <----------shame, this is slightly edited version but still good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V0zYyziCqss

Ok so any fans of this one here??

Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussie-Byrd-Brother Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 02 2014 at 08:23
Originally posted by Sagichim Sagichim wrote:

Guys I'm really blown away by this album right now...It's been a few weeks I guess since this album came to me and although it sounded really good right away, it sounds even better after so many spins. I usually don't like new RPI titles but a few of them have managed to sneak in over the years. I thought I'd take a chance with this one since these guys are not new to this scene, plus check out  the line up, in addition to two of the band's original line up Luciano Regoli and Nanni Civitenga there are also Claudio Simonetti and Fabio Pignatelli (Goblin), Lino Vairetti (Osanna), Nicola Di Staso and Walter Martino (Libra). So I was actually very surprised at first listen, this album doesn't have that slick sound many new RPI albums seem to have, but instead sounds quite raw and gritty, with some impressive heavy loud guitars, beautiful flute, Hammond, sax, piano and violin, top that with some excellent arrangements that makes this album truly progressive on its own right. The style is far from their 70's stuff and some of it isn't really RPI but I really don't care since this is simply superb!Here's some of it for anyone who's not familiar with it yet...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EGGoYCop-c4 <----------shame, this is slightly edited version but still good.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V0zYyziCqssOk so any fans of this one here??

Why, Sagi, it seems like only a few weeks ago we were discussing this one! You know I love it too! A nice rough darkness to it
Sagichim View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sagichim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 02 2014 at 14:20
Originally posted by Aussie-Byrd-Brother Aussie-Byrd-Brother wrote:

Why, Sagi, it seems like only a few weeks ago we were discussing this one! You know I love it too! A nice rough darkness to it

Yeah I mentioned it to you when I just got it and gave it a spin and half, now we are close friends. So I thought why not bring it up here? Smile
Todd View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
RPI / Heavy Prog Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Todd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 06 2014 at 17:26
My friends, please watch for this album. It's wonderful!

I know that Greg Walker of Synphonic will have it in stock any day now, and there are many other vendors that will carry it, both in Europe and the US. Happy listening!
"I have seen the broken sky turn blue."

My Gnosis Ratings

hellogoodbye View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hellogoodbye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 06 2014 at 17:57
Nice review Todd. Thumbs Up Found ttat soundclip on you tube.

LogoS - L enigma della vita - P(2014) - Promo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZW19YOtHPU
TheH View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 07 2014 at 08:18
The Logos Album is on the way to me (alongside the new Astrolabio).
Looking forward to that one.
TheH View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 07 2014 at 08:19
RIP Bambi Fossati
Sagichim View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sagichim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 07 2014 at 08:29

Oh no!! What an incredible player he was..
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 291292293294295 358>