Forum Home Forum Home > Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements > Report errors & omissions here
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

ERRORS THREAD Report Errors and Omissions Here

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 318319320321322 496>
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
Discography Auditor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbzr48 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 11 2021 at 08:28
http://www.progarchives.com/album.asp?id=71816

1. Stellar (20:04)
2. Gardener (20:53)
3. Stellar Castle (Bonus Track) (3:52)
4. Stellar Garden (Bonus Track) (4:38)
5. Stellar Age (Bonus Track) (3:42)
6. Stellar Heart (Bonus Track) (2:06)

Total Time  55:15
PrimeReviewsMusic View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PrimeReviewsMusic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 11 2021 at 16:35
I actually came here to make a post about this but looks like you beat me to the punch! LOLLOL
NotAProghead View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotAProghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 11 2021 at 19:25
^^ Thanks, done.
Who are you and who am I to say we know the reason why... (D. Gilmour)
mbzr48 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
Discography Auditor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbzr48 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 12 2021 at 13:10
http://www.progarchives.com/album.asp?id=71437

1. Undertows (8:07)
2. Wave (8:25)
3. Well (8:56)
4. Onward (5:04)
5. Walk (9:17)
6. Epilogue (6:49)

Total Time  46:38
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotAProghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 12 2021 at 16:38
^ Thanks, Mayer, done.
mbzr48 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
Discography Auditor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbzr48 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 12 2021 at 17:28
http://www.progarchives.com/album.asp?id=743
http://www.progarchives.com/album.asp?id=61185

Duplication, need to be combined
projeKct View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote projeKct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 12 2021 at 18:08
^ Not sure about this, Mayer. The 1992 version is a re-recording, so a "different" album. See Releases information here and here.
mbzr48 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
Discography Auditor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbzr48 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 13 2021 at 20:49
http://www.progarchives.com/artist.asp?id=3448

Website is Bandcamp https://thepirateshipquintet.bandcamp.com

http://www.progarchives.com/album.asp?id=38410

cover you'll find on Bandcamp https://thepirateshipquintet.bandcamp.com/album/rope-for-no-hopers
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotAProghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 13 2021 at 21:56
^ Thanks, Mayer, done.
Hrychu View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hrychu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 14 2021 at 18:14
http://www.progarchives.com/album.asp?id=81
Should this be listed as studio or as a live album. 🤔
“On the day of my creation, I fell in love with education. And overcoming all frustration, a teacher I became.”
— Ernest Vong
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotAProghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 14 2021 at 20:09
^ Thanks, good question.

Obviuosly, it was recorded live. This page confirms this (auto-translation):
"The record companies of the time did not believe in "Pictors Metamorphoses" in a success and so Anyone's Daughter decidedto record this work during a live concert that took place on January 18, 2008 in Hildesheim, Swabia. As can be read in the booklet, nothing was changed or corrected in these recordings. I find this remarkable, because it is almost unbelievable that this is a live recording. Especially since the audience couldn't hear anything during the performance, which of course can only mean that the audience was so taken with the music and therefore nobody dared to give a single peep. Only after the last track, "The Double Star", do the visitors fall into frenetic applause."

Thus formally it should be moved to live. But I tend to leave it as it is.
I think PA terms (Studio album, Live etc) are sometimes confusing. When I look at this album from Admin panel I see "Major Release" instead of "Studio album". Definitely "Piktors" is a major release, but it's not a studio album. Smile 

There is some number of such major releases on PA crying out "We're more than your ordinary live album!". I also know at least one album compiled from different sources and placed in Compilations, being in fact a major release.

At first glance it seems that it's enough to rename "Studio albums" to "Major Releases" on PA pages. 
But only at first glance, because there is some number of re-recorded "best ofs" placed now under Studio. They are neither major releases nor compilations. What shall we do with them?

Any ideas are welcome, but please don't offer a new category for albums (releases). Because it would require two things we can't afford: 1) redesign, 2) the site database revision.

Edited by NotAProghead - February 14 2021 at 20:27
projeKct View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote projeKct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 14 2021 at 20:58
Originally posted by NotAProghead NotAProghead wrote:

There is some number of such major releases on PA crying out "We're more than your ordinary live album!". I also know at least one album compiled from different sources and placed in Compilations, being in fact a major release.

I'm being curious, Eugene. Can you name some of these albums you think of?

Maybe King Crimson's Starless and Bible Black ?

Edited by projeKct - February 14 2021 at 20:59
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotAProghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 14 2021 at 21:33
^ It's easier for me to talk about the bands I like. 

Pictures At An Exhibition is probably the most famous example of a a major live release.

Élö Omega [Ω IV] is a one more good example of a major live album. It has to be the band's 4th studio album but because of tensions with record label Omega released new material using live recordings (though some people say songs were recorded in studio and then crowd noise was added, I don't know what's true Smile).

This one is an example of a "major compilation". Pesnyary created the cycle of songs, played it in its entirety only twice and recorded only 4 songs of 15 in studio. So the only way to publish the whole work was to use the record from rehearsal as a base and add existing studio and live versions of songs missing on rehearsal.

If memory serves me well, we discussed in this thread some kraut records and were convinced to move them from Compilations to Studio albums.

I believe fans of different bands may have other examples.

Edited by NotAProghead - February 14 2021 at 21:44
Hrychu View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hrychu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 15 2021 at 05:14
I mean, if PaaE by ELP is classified as Live then the Anyone's Daughter album should be too! That's my opinion.
“On the day of my creation, I fell in love with education. And overcoming all frustration, a teacher I became.”
— Ernest Vong
tupan View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tupan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 15 2021 at 10:03
http://www.progarchives.com/album.asp?id=29281

1. Olvécio e Bica (9:03)
2. Churumba (5:13)
3. Sapers (4:33)
4. Sabo (5:48)
5. Smootz da Police (5:38)
6. Deni (5:58)
7. Halijascar (5:05)

Total time 41:21

And I think this release should be moved from EPs, Singles etc to top albums.
"Prog is Not Dead and never has been." (Will Sergeant, from Echo And The Bunnymen)
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote NotAProghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 15 2021 at 12:38
^ Thanks, done.
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotAProghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 15 2021 at 13:00
Originally posted by Hrychu Hrychu wrote:

I mean, if PaaE by ELP is classified as Live then the Anyone's Daughter album should be too! That's my opinion.

If it's your opinion, who dares to argue? Done.
DarboRanlyd View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarboRanlyd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 15 2021 at 14:09
Thanks for including me on this site as an artist!  Unfortunately, my artist page discography is completely wrong: http://www.progarchives.com/artist.asp?id=8766

Also the official site link is wrong / broken.  Everything about my current discography can be found at my bandcamp page here: https://bradyarnold.bandcamp.com/  You can also use this as my official site link. 

Thanks for helping me.  Once again I'd do it myself if I were allowed but you know....
projeKct View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote projeKct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 15 2021 at 15:04
^ Well, as you said, you're not allowed to edit info. Even I cannot edit some pages, like artist pages. My friend Eugene can (and will, I suppose) update your official site link.

BUT... you can always add albums to your (or any other artist) discography on the site. Just follow the link above the discography:

>>> Help Progarchives.com to complete the discography and add albums

So I suggest that you:
1) add all albums missing, and
2) post here the links for albums with wrong info, so I could correct them.

Thanks! Smile
DarboRanlyd View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarboRanlyd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 15 2021 at 15:10
Thanks for your help :)  I will try your recommendations.  -Brady
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 318319320321322 496>