Forum Home Forum Home > Other music related lounges > General Music Discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The RIP thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5960616263 118>
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote someone_else Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 18 2020 at 13:43
RIP Vera Lynn. Does anybody else in here feel like this is the end of an era?
Cosmiclawnmower View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Cosmiclawnmower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 18 2020 at 14:40
^ She lived to a good age! She undoubtedly played a very important key part in morale boosting amongst the armed forces and civilian population during WW2, here and abroad, and has already been and no doubt will continue to be name checked by opportunist and jingoistic politicians. On a personal note, the songs that have been played on the radio today make me think of my parent's (both passed) generation and my two uncles killed at Arnhem and so, yes, in a way it does feel like the end of an era.

Edited by Cosmiclawnmower - June 18 2020 at 14:41

micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote micky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 18 2020 at 14:42
end of an era?  Of what .. the era of mankind?? 

Yeah I could dig that. I'm just waiting for that planet killing meteor.. I mean seriously with the way this year has gone. Would anyone be surprised?? 
The Pedro and Micky Experience - When one no longer requires psychotropics to trip
Icarium View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Icarium Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 19 2020 at 10:25
rest in peace Ian Holm (88)
The Dark Elf View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Dark Elf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 19 2020 at 10:50
Originally posted by Icarium Icarium wrote:

Great actor. Lord of the Rings, Alien, The Fifth Element, Time Bandits, The Madness of King George III, Chariots of Fire. He will be missed. 
...a vigorous circular motion hitherto unknown to the people of this area, but destined
to take the place of the mud shark in your mythology...
Tapfret View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tapfret Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 19 2020 at 10:51
^Bummer. Another guy whose age I was unaware of. I guess he was no spring chicken when he was Ash and Mr. Kurtzman.

RIP 
SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 19 2020 at 11:04
Some hard knocks for the British. RIP Dame Vera and Ian.
This message was brought to you by a proud supporter of the Deep State.
Icarium View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Icarium Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 19 2020 at 11:10
many sad deaths those that hit me close were all old age though spessialy James Lipton of 92 years of age

Edited by Icarium - June 19 2020 at 11:11
SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 19 2020 at 11:19
Another sad loss. And he never looked a day over 50.
This message was brought to you by a proud supporter of the Deep State.
Icarium View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Icarium Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 19 2020 at 11:27
James Liptons passing drowned out a bit by corona. I am planning a thread, but that is all i can say... the topic is about conversations as a medium and that Lipton had a huge influence on how format conversations become a thing to behold on television, the long dialogue.

Edited by Icarium - June 19 2020 at 11:28
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote micky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 19 2020 at 12:38
ahh man that sucks. .and no clue he was that old.. but suppose since I still thought women had cooties when he played Ash  I shouldn't have been surprised that he was pretty up there in years..

and is it just me or is The Fifth Element one of most underrated movies ever..  that has almost reached Shawshank epic levels of drop what you doing and watch it when you see it come on.. regardless of how many times you've seen it.
The Pedro and Micky Experience - When one no longer requires psychotropics to trip
Atavachron View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atavachron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 19 2020 at 13:29
Originally posted by The Dark Elf The Dark Elf wrote:

Great actor. Lord of the Rings, Alien, The Fifth Element, Time Bandits, The Madness of King George III, Chariots of Fire. He will be missed. 

And Big Night where he plays a particularly mean guy.

Wonderful actor, RIP.

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought."   -- John F. Kennedy
Icarium View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Icarium Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 22 2020 at 15:32
RiP to Joel Schumcher (80 years), perhaps not the most well rememberd director, mostly becouse he managed to kill Batman and the superhero franchise on big screen. But he managed to create some watchable movies that were of importance

RiP

Edited by Icarium - June 22 2020 at 15:33
Shadowyzard View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shadowyzard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 22 2020 at 15:48

RiP to Joel Schumcher (80 years), perhaps not the most well rememberd director, mostly becouse he managed to kill Batman and the superhero franchise on big screen. But he managed to create some watchable movies that were of importance

RiP

The Lost Boys is my most watched movie.

R.I.P.
Icarium View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Icarium Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 23 2020 at 10:46
Originally posted by Shadowyzard Shadowyzard wrote:

RiP

The Lost Boys is my most watched movie.

R.I.P.
I remember watching St Elmos Fire becouse it ment much to my dad, like the standard comming of age movie. The Enilio Esteves experience. I liked the film, but i was 13 when i saw it. I also like Batman and Robin as in the category, guilty pleasure
Shadowyzard View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shadowyzard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 23 2020 at 11:28
Flatliners is his another movie that I immensely enjoyed and watched many times. A really sad loss...
Cosmiclawnmower View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cosmiclawnmower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 02 2020 at 14:30
Kozfest 2015 - eFestivals.co.uk
RIP Kozmik Ken founder of Kozfest, MC and organiser, Grateful Dead Archivist, supporter of a great many Psych and out-there prog bands... The Fierce & the Dead put up a nice tribute to him.. Man, we'll miss you.. thanks for making Devon's most far out festival so.. well, Far Out!! Only 64.. too young.... Thanks for having the greatest party in my back garden dude!

Logan View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Logan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 02 2020 at 15:12
Originally posted by Atavachron Atavachron wrote:

Originally posted by The Dark Elf The Dark Elf wrote:

And Big Night where he plays a particularly mean guy.

Wonderful actor, RIP.

I hadn't even heard about his passing. I loved him in Brazil and many others. He starred in one of my very favourite Canadian films called The Sweet Hereafter, which was based on a true tragedy. It was directed by Atom Egoyan, who is a big name in Canadian directors. Wonderful film and a wonderful actor.
Icarium View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Icarium Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 07 2020 at 06:49
the magnificent Joe Porcaro have passed on the iconic drummer and teacher of drums whos impact on percussion can not be talked enoigh of. But hes legacy is also passed over to hes sons. The Porcaros have given so much to music; greatfulness is eternal. Now Joe can see hes two late sons Jeff and Mike. thank you for everything

RiP Joe Porcaro

Edited by Icarium - July 07 2020 at 08:42
TCat View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 07 2020 at 08:32
Wow this has been a sad week for the passing of artists so far.

Ennio Morricone, Charlie Daniels and Joe Porcaro  R.I.P.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5960616263 118>