Forum Home Forum Home > Other music related lounges > General Music Discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The RIP thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6667686970 118>
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cosmiclawnmower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 23 2020 at 15:15
Thats sad news, will play Nantucket sleighride in tribute, RIP Leslie

dr wu23 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr wu23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 23 2020 at 21:24
RIP Mr West.....
One does nothing yet nothing is left undone.
Haquin
Intruder View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Intruder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 24 2020 at 12:08
RIP Fatsby
I like to feel the suspense when you're certain you know I am there.....
Psychedelic Paul View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 24 2020 at 12:27
Pete Pardo's tribute to Leslie West. Broken Heart

Psychedelic Paul View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 26 2020 at 08:00
Remembering James Dewar (bass, vocals) (1942-2002) and Reg Isidore (drums) (1949-2009) from the Robin Trower Band. Broken Heart
rushfan4 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rushfan4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 30 2020 at 13:52
RIP Dawn Wells, known as Mary Ann from Gilligan's Island.  You were either a Mary Ann or a Ginger guy, and I was a Mary Ann guy.  She died of complications from Covid. 
TCat View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 30 2020 at 13:56
^Also being a Mary Ann guy, this is sad news indeed.  

rushfan4 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rushfan4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 30 2020 at 14:46
R.I.P. Alto Reed, sax player with Bob Seger and the Silver Bullet Band.  Died age 72 from colon cancer.
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 30 2020 at 14:49
Originally posted by rushfan4 rushfan4 wrote:

RIP Dawn Wells, known as Mary Ann from Gilligan's Island.  You were either a Mary Ann or a Ginger guy, and I was a Mary Ann guy.  She died of complications from Covid. 

Daaang!! Very sad.....I was a Mary Ann dude also, still watch GI. As a teen I watched it after school.

RIP 
AFlowerKingCrimson View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AFlowerKingCrimson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 30 2020 at 15:18

Holy crap. That's sad news. RIP Dawn (Mary Ann). Me too. I also prefered Bailey over Jennifer. Wink I just never liked that plastic look and still don't. 
rushfan4 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rushfan4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 30 2020 at 15:25
Originally posted by AFlowerKingCrimson AFlowerKingCrimson wrote:

Holy crap. That's sad news. RIP Dawn (Mary Ann). Me too. I also prefered Bailey over Jennifer. Wink I just never liked that plastic look and still don't. 
I don't get the "Bailey over Jennifer" reference.  Educate me please.
Atavachron View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atavachron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 30 2020 at 15:26
^ WKRP, a goofy early '80s sitcom with Bailey and Jennifer as the two hotties.

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought."   -- John F. Kennedy
kenethlevine View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Prog-Folk Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kenethlevine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 30 2020 at 15:27

very sad.  I was a professor guy but Marianne was a favourite too Tongue
rushfan4 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rushfan4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 30 2020 at 15:30
Originally posted by Atavachron Atavachron wrote:

Thank you.  I never really got into WKRP, but I remember it.  If I recall, it made a star of Loni Anderson, who I assume must've been Jennifer.  
Intruder View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Intruder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 30 2020 at 16:03
Ginger is the sole surviving cast-away - some say Ginger, some Mary Ann, I watched for both.
I like to feel the suspense when you're certain you know I am there.....
kenethlevine View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Prog-Folk Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote kenethlevine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 30 2020 at 17:49
Some of the most creative and humorous Gilligan's Island segments were the dream sequences.  It was pretty obvious that the cast relished the opportunity to portray completely different characters.  Apparently Dawn Wells' favorite episode was one where everyone disappeared one by one on the island and Gilligan was left believing he was Mr Hyde, so he had a dream to that effect, and Mary Anne did her best Eliza Dolittle as the only character witness called to support him in court.  Dawn said she loved playing the hag.  RIP Dawn, forever Mary Anne
AFlowerKingCrimson View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AFlowerKingCrimson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 30 2020 at 18:34

Thank you.  I never really got into WKRP, but I remember it.  If I recall, it made a star of Loni Anderson, who I assume must've been Jennifer.  

Yep, exactly. It's from WKRP in Cincinnati and yes Bailey was the more down to earth girl next door type(similar to Mary Ann)while Jennifer(Loni Anderson)was the more flashy "gorgeous" type. I'm kind of surprised you didn't get that reference but not everyone knows every tv show. Yeah, I guess it was goofy but so was Gilligans Island(and just about every old sit com for that matter). 

Also, I didn't mean to hijack the thread here. Very sad news. I grew up with shows like Gilligans Island, the Brady Bunch, Munsters, Happy Days, etc. With the first three it was from reruns. Gilligans Island was probably one of the better sixties comedies. Really sad that she died this way. RIP.

Edited by AFlowerKingCrimson - December 30 2020 at 18:39
rushfan4 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rushfan4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 30 2020 at 20:14
Originally posted by AFlowerKingCrimson AFlowerKingCrimson wrote:

Yep, exactly. It's from WKRP in Cincinnati and yes Bailey was the more down to earth girl next door type(similar to Mary Ann)while Jennifer(Loni Anderson)was the more flashy "gorgeous" type. I'm kind of surprised you didn't get that reference but not everyone knows every tv show. Yeah, I guess it was goofy but so was Gilligans Island(and just about every old sit com for that matter). 

Also, I didn't mean to hijack the thread here. Very sad news. I grew up with shows like Gilligans Island, the Brady Bunch, Munsters, Happy Days, etc. With the first three it was from reruns. Gilligans Island was probably one of the better sixties comedies. Really sad that she died this way. RIP.
I grew up with many of the same shows in re-run.  WKRP is one that I am mildly familiar with but never really enjoyed when I was younger.  I might have a different take now that I am owner.  I definitely remember Loni Anderson, so I guess I am a Jennifer guy, as I don't remember Bailey.  Embarrassed  I remember Venus Flytrap though!!!
Tapfret View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tapfret Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 30 2020 at 22:38

... You were either a Mary Ann or a Ginger guy, and I was a Mary Ann guy... 

Maybe back then. But I think most of us would be lucky to be Mrs. Howell guys now.

Anyway, sad to see Mary Ann go.

Edited by Tapfret - December 30 2020 at 22:40
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 31 2020 at 17:55
Eugene Wright, dbl bassist in the classic Dave Brubeck quartet has passed.............Dang we lose another great one this year!!! SOB.....A few more hours for me and this putrid year will be over.

Edited by Catcher10 - December 31 2020 at 17:55
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6667686970 118>