Forum Home Forum Home > Other music related lounges > General Music Discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Post a youtube clip of one song per post...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 14>
Author
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Logan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 08 2022 at 18:00
^ It's fun.

EDIT: Due to my out of PA rule on page one, will change the embed from Swans. Often I don't separate Prog and non-prog music in my head, and a lot of what I like outside of PA is kind of in prog related universe to me (a lot is psychedelic or spacey, art music if not art rock, progressive if not progressive rock, experimental...

Here's some 90s pop I love

Mono - Disney Town

Edited by Logan - February 10 2022 at 15:35
Zeph View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zeph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 10 2022 at 12:21
I came across this on PE. Fantastic stuff.

Lewian View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lewian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 10 2022 at 13:33
Originally posted by Logan Logan wrote:

^ It's fun.

I've been on a major Swans kick for quite a while now. Today The Great Annihilator has been my main squeeze and here's one track off it.

(Video removed for space)

He's breaking his own rules... Shocked
Archisorcerus View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Archisorcerus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 10 2022 at 13:37
This is probably my favourite game music theme. Fascinatingly eerie and uncanny. Simply perfect. I always loved the parts of the game where this music was played.

Logan View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Logan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 10 2022 at 14:15
^^ Haha, I have mentioned being forgetful (set it up as avoiding music in PA as I was concerned about this becoming too much about the usual suspects and thought it would be nice for us to listen to each other’s music that we might not regularly hear. I’m even more forgetful these days due to circumstances (damaged carotid artery and trying to set things up for my mother who had a recent stroke which caused aphasia. — lots to do as my wife and I are powers of attorney). I really don’t mind if people do break those rules as I don’t think it’s as much of a communal listening and commenting on the music coming from each other thing as I thought it might turn into. But yeah, I still do like the focus as non PA music. No biggie if others slip in, especially if it’s not the kind of songs music that regularly get posted and talked about often my many. It’s nice too for me to know more about what people like outside of PA, and it might expand my music parameters through exposure,

Edited by Logan - February 10 2022 at 14:27
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Archisorcerus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 10 2022 at 14:16
Here comes my favourite music piece from my favourite PC game. (Though I must admit that I'm not a huge fan of all the soundtrack of Baldur's Gate II. Great with the game still!)

Logan View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Logan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 10 2022 at 14:55
Some noisy Qujaku.

The band quite reminds me of Boris, Swans and Can.
JD View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 10 2022 at 16:35
Who knew Bill Gates was a Progger ?

Edited by JD - February 10 2022 at 16:36
Thank you for supporting independently produced music
Logan View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Logan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 14 2022 at 23:58
The first track off Portishead’s Third, called Silence. I love this.

From reading a review of the album, it seems I might be part of the hipster intelligentsia. ;)
Ronstein View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ronstein Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 15 2022 at 04:24
Beautiful and unusual voices - The Unthanks - Mount the Air

Also appear in anything McKenzie Crook can shoehorn them into, including The Detectorists and Worzel Gummidge
Logan View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Logan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 15 2022 at 08:04
Thanks Ronstein. I love The Unthanks and I love that. Their version of Mount the Air is one of my particular favourites, although I had not heard that live performance. I knew their version from their studio album of the same name. It’s so wonderful. I first got to know them with their covers of Robert Wyatt, starting with Sea Song, which I found quite sublime renditions. I first heard this Union Chapel live version.

And since you mention it, I want to see the new version of Worzel Gummidge.

Edited by Logan - February 15 2022 at 08:05
Ronstein View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ronstein Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 15 2022 at 08:23

You must, they're absolutely joyous, McKenzie Crook has written and directed it and has created an absolute gem!
Logan View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Logan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 15 2022 at 09:19
Originally posted by Ronstein Ronstein wrote:

You must, they're absolutely joyous, McKenzie Crook has written and directed it and has created an absolute gem!

So I have heard, and the soundtrack is wonderful. I believe that it’s on Britbox, and so would be a good reason to subscribe for a while. I might, however, wait for the next series of Inside No. 9 before I do that. I heard about this adaptation from a British Doctor Who podcast. The Third Doctor, Jon Pertwee, starred in the late 70s/ early 80s television version.

Incidentally, this is the version of “Mount the Air” that I fell in love with. I find it so very wonderful, magnificent.

Edited by Logan - February 15 2022 at 09:52
timothy leary View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timothy leary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 15 2022 at 09:47
Ronstein View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ronstein Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 15 2022 at 10:17
Then, of course, there's this stunning rework of a prog classic!

Logan View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Logan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 15 2022 at 10:40
^ Indeed, I really love that.   Stunning is right.
Logan View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Logan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 15 2022 at 18:22
I've been most into Portishead of late (before that it was Swans...) I listened to a live concert earlier, played Third -- The Portishead, not the Soft Machine album -- yesterday, and now I've just listened through Beth Gibbons & Rustin Man's 2002 album, Out of Season. Beth Gibbons has been with Portishead and Rustin Man (Paul Webb) of Talk Talk and O'Rang, which Beth Gibbons guested on for Herd of Instinct (an album I like very much) -- she had applied to be the singer apparently, but Portishead became huge.

I just listened to Out of Season, and really loved this folk and jazzy at times album. Here's a longer track from it, which I can relate to in my own titular way, because this is proving to be a funny time of year for me.

Edited by Logan - February 15 2022 at 18:22
Lewian View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lewian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2022 at 14:59
Killing Joke - Victory

mathman0806 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mathman0806 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 20 2022 at 20:36
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Archisorcerus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 21 2022 at 13:07
HD clip, full version!!! This one is for the metalheads:

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 14>