Forum Home Forum Home > Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements > Report errors & omissions here
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Album Covers and Artist Pictures

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 130>
Author
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joolz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 31 2007 at 07:25
Originally posted by Angelo Angelo wrote:

We're looking into having multiple covers for the same album in case of re-releases. Until then - preference is the original release cover. Wink

Just to clarify, in case of confusion ....

Current site policy is that we display the image that adorned the album when originally released in the band's home country, unless it is unavailable.

The facility to display multiple images is on the webmasters list of things-to-be-done, so we hope it won't be too long!! Until then, patience .....
andu View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 31 2007 at 08:41
Here's a better cover image for Birds of Fire:

Tuzvihar View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tuzvihar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 31 2007 at 12:08
Done.
"Music is much like f**king, but some composers can't climax and others climax too often, leaving themselves and the listener jaded and spent."

Charles Bukowski
Angelo View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angelo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 31 2007 at 13:42
Originally posted by Joolz Joolz wrote:

Originally posted by Angelo Angelo wrote:

We're looking into having multiple covers for the same album in case of re-releases. Until then - preference is the original release cover. Wink

Just to clarify, in case of confusion ....

Current site policy is that we display the image that adorned the album when originally released in the band's home country, unless it is unavailable.

The facility to display multiple images is on the webmasters list of things-to-be-done, so we hope it won't be too long!! Until then, patience .....

That's the formal way of saying the same thing Wink
ISKC Rock Radio
I stopped blogging and reviewing - so won't be handling requests. Promo's for ariplay can be sent to [email protected]
andu View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 31 2007 at 14:17
Tuzvihar View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tuzvihar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 31 2007 at 14:52
Done!
"Music is much like f**king, but some composers can't climax and others climax too often, leaving themselves and the listener jaded and spent."

Charles Bukowski
andu View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 02 2007 at 06:23
New covers!

This time, it's After Crying.

Overground Music:

Megalázottak és Megszomorítottak:

Fold Es Eg:

De Profundis:

andu View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 02 2007 at 06:32
...to be continued:

Elso Evtized:

After Crying 6:

Almost Pure Instrumental:

Bootleg Symphony:

Show:

Edited by andu - September 02 2007 at 06:37
Angelo View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angelo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 05 2007 at 18:10
After Crying all done. Thanks Andu!
ISKC Rock Radio
I stopped blogging and reviewing - so won't be handling requests. Promo's for ariplay can be sent to [email protected]
andu View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 06 2007 at 12:01
New covers, Ozric Tentacles.

Tantric Obstacles:

There Is Nothing:

Live Ethereal Cereal:

Sliding Gliding Worlds: (there is already one picture of 200/200 pixels, but this one has better colour saturation and clarity I think)

The Bits Between the Bits:

T.Rox View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T.Rox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 10 2007 at 08:14

Just one for the moment!

Mono - You Are There...

Thumbs%20Up

"Without prog, life would be a mistake."

...with apologies to Friedrich Nietzsche
Fassbinder View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fassbinder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 10 2007 at 09:00
Ozric Tentacles updated.

Thanks, Andu!
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fassbinder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 10 2007 at 09:03
T.Rox -- there's no problem to update the Mono cover, but what is wrong with the already existing one?

If there is anything wrong with it I'll replace it with the one you've posted.
T.Rox View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T.Rox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 10 2007 at 10:29
Hi Fassbinder,

I wouldn't be trying to get it updated if I didn't have a better picture. Wink

My picture...

The existing PA picture... 

...just a little bit of difference in quality!

I would suggest the existing PA picture started life somewhat smaller and got exploded to 200 pixels wide, and was saved again with the good old jpeg "lossy" technology coming to the fore. Tongue

"Without prog, life would be a mistake."

...with apologies to Friedrich Nietzsche
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fassbinder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 10 2007 at 11:52
As I said earlier, there was no problem at all... There is a difference in clarity, no doubt.

Updated now... Smile

Thanks, T.Rox!
andu View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 12 2007 at 08:16
One for Echolyn, namely Live at the Metlar Bodine:

By the way, shouldn't this album's name be either "Jersey Tomato. Volume 2" (as shown on the cover) or "Official Live Bootleg: Jersey Tomato" (as listed in the Discography page on their official website, here: http://www.echolyn.com/discography.asp)?
andu View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 12 2007 at 09:22
Some more Echolyn:

Echolyn:

Suffocating The Bloom:

( ^ It's not the same as the one now in use, but I've taken it from the official site so I guess it must be the official one)

And Every Blossom:

As The World:

When The Sweet Turns Sour:

Cowboy Poems Free:

Mei:

Progfest '94 - The Official Bootleg:

A Little Nonsense Now And Then - Boxed Set:

By the way, this last release was added by mistake as a Studio Album, which it obviously isn't.

Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fassbinder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 12 2007 at 10:23
Echolyn's "Tomato" is updated -- title is changed, cover is replaced.

Thanks, Andu!
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fassbinder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 12 2007 at 10:49
The rest of Echolyn is done.

I've replaced the "Suffocating The Bloom" cover, but saved the old one, for the sake of safety...

Molte grazie, Andu!!! (I know it's not the correct language, but it's the closest expression in the closest language I know...Embarrassed...) Smile
andu View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 12 2007 at 11:17
Well you can say "Mulţumesc", if you really want - Embarrassed - and it seems like if I keep posting in this thread you'll be learning it by heart Big%20smile

I found some Steve Tibbetts covers with better image quality than those now in use.

Yr:

Nothern Songs:

Safe Journey:

Exploded View:

Big Map Idea:

The Fall of Us All:

When I get annoying please tell me LOL

Edited by andu - September 12 2007 at 11:19
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 130>