Forum Home Forum Home > Other music related lounges > Get The Word Out
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - LUCIFER’S FRIEND Reform for 2015 Dates and New CD
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedLUCIFER’S FRIEND Reform for 2015 Dates and New CD

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: LUCIFER’S FRIEND Reform for 2015 Dates and New CD
    Posted: November 06 2014 at 11:56
For Immediate Release

Rock Legends LUCIFER’S FRIEND Reform for 2015 Dates and New Material!

London, UK - Lucifer's Friend's self-titled debut of 1970 is a famous album among connoisseurs of 70's hard rock. Its heavy and majestic overtones made it a pioneer release of progressive rock genre.

Lucifer's Friend continued to create classic albums, especially the three subsequent ones – of which no two sound alike.

In 1976 Lucifer's Friend suffered a hard blow when British vocalist John Lawton jumped ship for none other than Uriah Heep. The band broke up in 1982. The band briefly reformed in 1994 for their ninth album “Sumo Grip”. Now they're back, after 20 years, literally by the fans' request…

The band will also be releasing a compilation, AWAKENING, which also includes new original material, via Cherry Red Records in March 2015. At this stage, the CD is available to pre-order via the Cherry Red website ONLY and all fans placing an order prior to the release date will receive an exclusive signed item.

The band will be playing Sweden Rock Festival and the reformation is expected to be one of the most extraordinary highlights of 2015!  The band is receiving a variety of offers from around the world and look forward to playing their greatest hits and new material to fans!

Peter Hesslein said: “Over the years I have been asked many times, by all sorts of people, regarding a re-union / re-formation of Lucifer's Friend. As there are currently several international bands releasing cover versions of our old songs and in particularcreating a "Hype" about Lucifer's Friend amongst the skateboarder's world-wide, we thought that before it really is too late, to give our fans, especially the younger ones, a chance to experience a part of the founder members of Hard Rock...

Dieter Horns added: “When I received the first call regarding a re-union of Lucifer's Friend, on the spot I was wide awake and electrified. In recent decades we often discussed the possibility of a restart, made ​​contact with studios and record companies, but now it should finally come true.”

John Lawton then added: “The reformation of Lucifer's Friend has been a long time coming, but we all feel that the time is right…To get back together with the guys with whom I had worked together for so many years and recorded albums that have in many respects stood the test of time, is for me, an upcoming highlight. We’re joined by Yogi Wichman on keyboards, who played on our last album Sumo Grip, but unfortunately the original drummer Addi Rietenbach died many years ago, so we will be introducing drummer Stephan Eggart into the band line-up…”

Official Website: www.lucifersfriend.com

Lucifer’s Friend is exclusively represented by QEDG Management [email protected]

Press inquiries: Glass Onyon PR, PH: 828-350-8158 (USA), [email protected]

NotAProghead View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 06 2014 at 22:04
Great news indeed! Thumbs Up
Who are you and who am I to say we know the reason why... (D. Gilmour)
TODDLER View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 07 2014 at 07:12
At the time when the first album and Where The Groupies Killed The Blues were released in the U.S., the band appeared to have an image/presentation that was mysterious and part humor combined. They were bizarre looking and their music from the first 2 albums contained a voice of their own. I remember buying their albums on the "Billingsgate" label. The same lineup also recorded "In Action" and calling themselves The Pink Mice. It was announced that this was a side project, but it had Lucifer's Friend written all over it, (so to speak), and anyone on earth who loved their first 2 albums truly missed something special by skipping over the chapter of The Pink Mice. "In Action' was all or mostly instrumental and absolutely fitting stylistically to the material on the first 2 releases. I remember in the 70's at a friends house...hearing a cassette tape of a 1972 live performance OF ..Lucifer's Friend. It gave me chills. This is about 35 years ago and I remember hearing a piano on stage which was unique because on Y.T., organ is featured on a vid of "Ride The Sky". I would love to have a live recording of Lucifer's Friend in the early days. I hope someone will go the distance and release that ...if it does in fact exist.

Edited by TODDLER - November 07 2014 at 07:14
NotAProghead View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 07 2014 at 07:26
^ Thanks, it's very useful info. Clap
Who are you and who am I to say we know the reason why... (D. Gilmour)
 Post Reply Post Reply