Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog News, Press Releases
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - New MoeTar video (and other semi-related news)!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedNew MoeTar video (and other semi-related news)!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Topic: New MoeTar video (and other semi-related news)!
    Posted: December 17 2014 at 17:22
Originally posted by Saperlipopette! Saperlipopette! wrote:

Oh cool. Discovered MoeTar earlier today actually (thanks to Raffs recommendation elsewhere on these boards). 

Love Secret Chiefs 3! I've heard about miRthkon but never actually heard any of the music but will most definately check them out as well - and everything else.  

MoeTar knocked them dead on their first east coast show, the first time many of us had seen them or even that some perhaps had heard of them.  Big time standing O's and lots of love after the show. I had a nice long chat with Morea after the show and we talked for a long time over our shared love of Billie Holliday. Heart  She really has an incredible voice and stage presence.

yeah miRhkon is some pretty neat stuff.  I wasn't really a fan though till I saw them live ... and then it clicked. Clap
The Pedro and Micky Experience - When one no longer requires psychotropics to trip
Saperlipopette! View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 17 2014 at 16:48
Oh cool. Discovered MoeTar earlier today actually (thanks to Raffs recommendation elsewhere on these boards). 

Love Secret Chiefs 3! I've heard about miRthkon but never actually heard any of the music but will most definately check them out as well - and everything else.  
Padraic View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 17 2014 at 15:06
Thanks for the updates Matt.  Will definitely try and make it out if you visit the east coast next year.
Nogbad_The_Bad View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
RIO/Avant/Zeuhl & Eclectic Team

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 17 2014 at 14:57
Nice stuff, enjoying the new album. Hope to see you in one band or another in 2015.
Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on Progrock.com

https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-avant-jazzcore-happy-hour/
Raff View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 17 2014 at 14:18
Fantastic as usual! Looking forward to seeing you again some time in 2015!
Lebofsky View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 17 2014 at 14:16
Hey gang! MoeTar has another music video!!! This time for the title track to the latest CD "Entropy of the Century" - pretty much entirely made up of footage from the recording sessions last year. Link below.

Meanwhile we are back to playing semi-regular shows around the area, plotting journeys outside the area, and pouring foundations for the third record.

As for my other bands...

miRthkon just played our first show in a while a few days ago (with other Oakland weird-music-bands Jack O' The Clock and Surplus 1980). This set included Wally's arrangement of Zappa's "Be Bop Tango." Syncopated septuplets? No problem!

Secret Chiefs 3 had a very busy 2014, and the map of 2015 is still being drawn up...

On top of all that I hope to wrap up work on the next Bodies Floating Ashore record. It's going to be far more epic/prog/dark/avant. You can get links to all your favorite streaming/downloading services for the first album here: http://bodiesfloatingashore.com

And oh yeah the Fuxedos will once again be playing Karla LaVey's Black Xmass show at the Elbo Room in SF on December 25th with a zillion other bands. It's going to be nutz!

OKAY and now, the video:

Thanks for listening/watching/caring,

- Matt

Keyboards/Bass/Guitar/Drums/Voice - Secret Chiefs 3 | miRthkon | MoeTar | Bodies Floating Ashore

Too much info here: http://www.lebofsky.com
 Post Reply Post Reply