Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog News, Press Releases
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - iamthemorning: "From The House of Arts" live album
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic Closediamthemorning: "From The House of Arts" live album

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
LakeGlade12 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: iamthemorning: "From The House of Arts" live album
    Posted: September 24 2015 at 04:00
Surprised nobody has created a topic on this, especially given the bond between this band and PA. They need to raise £5,500 by Wed, Oct 21 2015 2:33 PM BST and currently they are over the half way mark. Hope the campaign goes well for them and they reach that total. Smile 

"You will not believe this! As we stated in the previous backers-only update, we're doing it again! Meaning, running a fundraising campaign.

This time, we are planning to release a live album, recorded on "Belighted" release concert last year. It's called "From the House of Arts" and contains songs from our two albums, played by full band.

Here's the link:

Live from the House of Arts Kickstarter campaign!

Here's the artwork!

The reason behind running another campaign is prosaic: releasing Belighted left us in a debt hole, but we can't wait to record the album three (already started the recording but ran out of money real quick). So we're seeking help and releasing this album to be able to make more music for the ones who enjoy it.

If you were happy with the previous campaign (though it was very far from being flawless we know, but we learn and improve!) we are asking you to help us this time, too. Our biggest fear is that we won't reach the goal and all our work and time will be wasted. I've put a lot of efforts in putting the campaign together and now i am deadly nervous about how it will go :(

Anyway, this time it won't take that long to release the album and manufacture and ship the awards. The release is scheduled for the end of next month and we'll start shipping shortly after!

Thank you for staying with us and off we go to new adventures

Marjana"

Edited by LakeGlade12 - September 24 2015 at 04:44
Dellinger View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 24 2015 at 21:38
I thought the band had reached and achieved the amount necessary for Belighted with their fund raising... so why were they left in a debt hole?
Dellinger View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 24 2015 at 21:38
By the way, it does sound interesting, I wonder how they sound live.
amapofthepiano View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 25 2015 at 05:33
Originally posted by Dellinger Dellinger wrote:

I thought the band had reached and achieved the amount necessary for Belighted with their fund raising... so why were they left in a debt hole?

I'll explain that - though there is a very detailed explanation in the new campaign. 
We had no experience working with large sums of money whatsoever, as well as with running the campaigns. and we never thought of including the actual rewards manufacturing costs into the final goal. 
We screwed up some shipping costs calculations massively - something that we thought would cost 3 pounds turned out to be 10. Also, some unexpected guest musicians + the album work took one year more than we thought cause we couldn't stay in the UK for the whole period of work and had to fly back and forth (these costs we covered ourselves of course from our personal money). Plus, we never calculated the VAT properly and it took almost 1/3 of the final sum :(

The whole thing turned out to be a financial disaster for us, sad as it sounds. That's why the goal is higher this time - though it's just a live album (but it's cool i promise :)). We've included every possible detail into the final goal so now i am sitting here deadly nervous we won't reach it and won't get anything :(
i even though of making a thread myself but was too shy =\

Marjana
start of something beautiful
www.progarchives.com/artist.asp?id=7504
https://www.facebook.com/iamthemorningpage
Dellinger View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 25 2015 at 22:11
Oh, too bad. I had been under the impression that Belighted, and it's kickstarter campaign, had done really well... I hope this time you can get it right. As for just a live album... well, many times I do like live albums (or songs) better, so I guess it would be interesting to check this one out.
memowakeman View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 28 2015 at 15:31
I need to listen to this.

Follow me on twitter @memowakeman
amapofthepiano View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 01 2015 at 17:15
I think i can leave this here for you :) live video for a track from the upcoming album

Edited by amapofthepiano - October 01 2015 at 17:15
start of something beautiful
www.progarchives.com/artist.asp?id=7504
https://www.facebook.com/iamthemorningpage
LakeGlade12 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 07 2015 at 10:09
Well the live album is now available to pre-order on Bandcamp. 

https://iamthemorningband.bandcamp.com/album/from-the-house-of-arts 

People who back the Kickstarter campaign will get the album shipped over to them as soon as the £5,500 target is reached. Speaking of that target its currently just under £5,400 so one final push is needed. But with 13 days left to go they ought to make it now Smile   
Dellinger View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 07 2015 at 21:54
Originally posted by amapofthepiano amapofthepiano wrote:

I think i can leave this here for you :) live video for a track from the upcoming album

Wonderful. So you're only releasing it as a CD, or might a DVD also come out... well, given the trouble you are going for releasing the album perhaps I shouldn't even ask   
yam yam View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 31 2016 at 09:51
Somewhat sad news from iamthemorning today via facebook: https://www.facebook.com/iamthemorningpage/posts/884732578326556.

"Small and sad announcement: we are now shutting down our Bandcamp merch store for some time (digital copies are still available though!). This is a very sad thing that we had to do, because up until this moment Bandcamp was the only source of income that we had and successfully invested back into the band up to the last dime, even the upcoming November tour expenses were covered by the money we saved from online sales. The reason for this is that until I settle down somewhere in EU, it doesn't seem possible to carry on handling online sales ourselves any longer. After the tour, if we have any copies of Lighthouse or Belighted left, i will add them (signed) to the store and will personally ship all the orders from England where i am staying for some time, but other than that i think we're done.

I've just sent an email to everyone who ordered anything within the last few months, because it has been brought to my attention that some orders got lost in mail (Russian post mostly), so if you're one of them, please send me an email in reply to the one you've received. I promise i will sort everything out as soon as i get to one country with all our merch. We have a person helping us out in NL right now, but i will personally ship everything that's left to ship after the 19th of November from England.

The whole thing is very sad and burdening and right now it's very hard for me to see how we will carry on in future, because as i said, we always relied on our online store to find recourses for band's activities and projects (okay maybe kickstarter sometimes too! :). 
But i know it only seems dramatic now, it will be okay. 
I hope you all are having a good weekend."

Heart

Marjana

Hope things work out for them in the end...

Edit: They have just reissued their Kscope debut album Belighted (2014) on double vinyl. It is now available from Burning Shed. The album came out before this year's Lighthouse, and features Gavin Harrison (Porcupine Tree, King Crimson) on drums.

Double vinyl in wide spine cover - £14.99 GBP: https://www.burningshed.com/store/kscope/product/578/7986/.

Edited by yam yam - October 31 2016 at 10:07
 Post Reply Post Reply