Forum Home Forum Home > Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements > Welcome newbies!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedI'm from China ,I do like prog-rock

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
mitarai_panda View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Topic: I'm from China ,I do like prog-rock
    Posted: October 10 2015 at 22:57
but my english in not good 
many days, I read the revies from this web,I learn so many knowledges
I love Camel,pink floyd,king crimson,black sabbath,iron maiden,yes,rush,roger waters,david gilmour,Emerson, Lake & Palmer,Genesis,Ozzy Osbourne and so on。。。
I’d like to learn more from all the fans of prog-rock
I always listen to music from http://www.xiami.com/   it's a chinese web,many diferent style music in it ,also has prog-rock,but it's so imperfect。
I want to get more konwledge about prog archives, than I can spread it to my country's people who really like the prog music.
Forgive my worse English!!!
I just want to make more really friends and learn anymore.

Edited by mitarai_panda - October 11 2015 at 00:26
Atavachron View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 10 2015 at 23:00
Great to have you.

To post personal greetings, you can post here
http://www.progarchives.com/forum/forum_topics.asp?FID=43

and you may want to check -
http://www.progarchives.com/forum/forum_topics.asp?FID=44

Good luck finding your way, welcome to PA

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought."   -- John F. Kennedy
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 10 2015 at 23:06
thank you very much!
but the Network speed in china is very slow,so I must wait for many minutes,but I‘ll read your topics 。
TheLionOfPrague View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 10 2015 at 23:11
Welcome! Great taste, I love Iron Maiden too (the other bands as well, but those almost everyone here like since they're the biggest prog bands)
I shook my head and smiled a whisper knowing all about the place
Dayvenkirq View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 10 2015 at 23:18
Welcome. Hug I suppose that if you do take part in our discussions, you'll be fine. I hope you'll learn a great deal from us.
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 10 2015 at 23:33
Originally posted by TheLionOfPrague TheLionOfPrague wrote:

Welcome! Great taste, I love Iron Maiden too (the other bands as well, but those almost everyone here like since they're the biggest prog bands)

I appreciate iron maiden’s concept album such as brave new world,I know it based on the novel brave new world,and I like the book very much!their new album “the book of souls”is also very good,especially the last song Empire of the Clouds ,the longest song of IM。

Edited by mitarai_panda - October 11 2015 at 00:04
Tom Ozric View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 10 2015 at 23:50
Your English is way better than my Chinese (whichever dialect) so you'll find a warm welcome from all the regulars here at Prog Archives
Just be prepared, this site will send your savings into the red
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 11 2015 at 00:03
Originally posted by Tom Ozric Tom Ozric wrote:

Your English is way better than my Chinese (whichever dialect) so you'll find a warm welcome from all the regulars here at Prog Archives
Just be prepared, this site will send your savings into the red

what's the meaning of "send your savings into the red"?sorry,I don't get it.but I really love the RED from king crimson.Embarrassed
emigre80 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 11 2015 at 00:35
He means you will now spend all your money on new progressive rock albums. 

I have noticed my music purchases have increased many times since joining PA, because I hear about so many new bands that I want to hear.

welcome to PA!  I have only been here less than a year myself, so I'm still new as well.
Tom Ozric View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 11 2015 at 01:16
^    Indeed, I save up a certain amount of money over time to afford buying my Prog selections. That's where PA is just beyond words. Going by trusty PA colleagues, I know when I make my choices, I'm not going to be disappointed.
What we call spending all your hard-earned money, is going 'into the red', because we all need to live, eat and so on, so, be it CD's or LP's, is always a luxury.
Svetonio View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 11 2015 at 01:39
Originally posted by mitarai_panda mitarai_panda wrote:

I love Camel,pink floyd,king crimson,black sabbath,iron maiden,yes,rush,roger waters,david gilmour,Emerson, Lake & Palmer,Genesis,Ozzy Osbourne and so on。。。
I always listen to music from http://www.xiami.com/   it's a chinese web,many diferent style music in it ,also has prog-rock,but it's so imperfect。
I want to get more konwledge about prog archives, than I can spread it to my country's people who really like the prog music.
Greetings mitarai_panda! 
If you are interesting in contemporary prog rock and related, then I guarantee that this thread will be exciting for you to explore >>> http://www.progarchives.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=69197&PN=12

Welcome at the Prog Archives, the ultimative prog resource!
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 11 2015 at 01:47
Originally posted by Tom Ozric Tom Ozric wrote:

^    Indeed, I save up a certain amount of money over time to afford buying my Prog selections. That's where PA is just beyond words. Going by trusty PA colleagues, I know when I make my choices, I'm not going to be disappointed.
What we call spending all your hard-earned money, is going 'into the red', because we all need to live, eat and so on, so, be it CD's or LP's, is always a luxury.

when I make my choices, I'm not going to be disappointed. 
That's nice!in china,many people spend money on eat differend food or amusement,I don't like it very much,the people all around me make me feel boring.I wish I will have a nice time in PA.
I have not enough money to buy a luxury,but CD'S OR LP'S,I think I'll pay fot it without regret.
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 11 2015 at 01:59
Originally posted by Svetonio Svetonio wrote:

Greetings mitarai_panda! 
If you are interesting in contemporary prog rock and related, then I guarantee that this thread will be exciting for you to explore >>> http://www.progarchives.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=69197&PN=12

thank you ! I don't have enough experience about contemporary prog rock,but I will study.I am very interested in it.Now you give me a road to it.
Svetonio View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 11 2015 at 02:02

Greetings mitarai_panda! 

thank you ! I don't have enough experience about contemporary prog rock,but I will study.I am very interested in it.Now you give me a road to it.
Beer
presdoug View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 11 2015 at 02:14
Greetings, and welcome to you, mitarai panda. It's nice to know how international the love of prog rock is! Hope you have a great time here.
Tom Ozric View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 11 2015 at 02:41
We are not a 'cult', we do not entice (force you, or try to twist your way of thinking) to enjoy life along with us here, but what I'm saying, in all good intention, we are passionate about the music we listen to, and it's just plain AMA ING, when someone from a, generally, foreign country. expresses interest in Prog music. Sure there are many, but, wl, you k ow what you like........

Dellinger View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 11 2015 at 22:29

Greetings mitarai_panda! 

Beer

Well, perhaps if you like Iron Maiden, and like all this prog bands, you could get into a "newer" prog band with Dream Theater (not so new now, though, since they have been around since the 90's). The thing is, I don't know so much Iron Maiden yet, but I just got their last album, which I have been enjoying very much actually, and I couldn't help but notice how the core of Dream Theater's sound comes from Iron Maiden, but with stronger Metal Riffing (more similar to Metallica's), and with insane musical passages (more similar to prog bands like Yes).
Windhawk View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 11 2015 at 23:19
Nice to see someone from China in here. As there are, most likely, quite a few prog bands from China we're not aware of yet, do feel free to mention any of your "local" bands that might be of interest.

We do know about so few, and I would expect there to be more than these:

COLD FAIRYLAND Neo-Prog
FRAGILE Post Rock/Math rock
HUA LUN Post Rock/Math rock
RAINBOW DANGER CLUB Crossover Prog
WANG WEN Post Rock/Math rock
WHYOCEANS Post Rock/Math rock

Websites I work with:

http://www.progressor.net
http://www.houseofprog.com

My profile on Mixcloud:
https://www.mixcloud.com/haukevind/
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 12 2015 at 00:20
Originally posted by Dellinger Dellinger wrote:

Greetings mitarai_panda! 

Beer

Well, perhaps if you like Iron Maiden, and like all this prog bands, you could get into a "newer" prog band with Dream Theater (not so new now, though, since they have been around since the 90's). The thing is, I don't know so much Iron Maiden yet, but I just got their last album, which I have been enjoying very much actually, and I couldn't help but notice how the core of Dream Theater's sound comes from Iron Maiden, but with stronger Metal Riffing (more similar to Metallica's), and with insane musical passages (more similar to prog bands like Yes).

Dream Theater is my second love of prog band,but I have few cognize of them.Now they is on my research list!I think I need to know more modern prog bands.
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 12 2015 at 00:29
Originally posted by Windhawk Windhawk wrote:

Nice to see someone from China in here. As there are, most likely, quite a few prog bands from China we're not aware of yet, do feel free to mention any of your "local" bands that might be of interest.

We do know about so few, and I would expect there to be more than these:

COLD FAIRYLAND Neo-Prog
FRAGILE Post Rock/Math rock
HUA LUN Post Rock/Math rock
RAINBOW DANGER CLUB Crossover Prog
WANG WEN Post Rock/Math rock
WHYOCEANS Post Rock/Math rock

I know a few (not many) post bands from China,such as 后海大鲨鱼,the artist named 李志 also like pink floyd,and in his gig,he often sing "wish you were here",a hongkong bang name is "beyond" is a rock band ,they make a prog alumb "再见理想",I do like it.So,in China ,prog rock has a development and has hopes in future.I want to communicate around our different culture,which makes defferent style of music.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>