Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Live Performance Reviews
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Lifesigns at The Lexington Kings Cross 13/12/15
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedLifesigns at The Lexington Kings Cross 13/12/15

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Lifesigns at The Lexington Kings Cross 13/12/15
    Posted: December 14 2015 at 07:07

My first visit to this venue – it’s a pub with a room for gigs upstairs, so it’s not the world’s biggest venue but, having said that, give me an intimate pub gig over a stadium one any day.

The support was an acoustic set from Jump who I’m only familiar with from their previous support to Lifesigns at the Borderline, however they put in a fine set which went down very well with the audience and this is a band I will be checking out properly.

Lifesigns manage to squash themselves onto a small stage and went down a storm with the 100 or so people present. The atmosphere was better than the Borderline as the crowd were even more enthusiastic this time. The sound was fantastic, courtesy of album engineer Steve Rispin. The set was the one on their recently released Live in London CD/DVD i.e. the debut album plus a number of new tracks which all bode well for the next album. “Impossible” should be a hit single if there’s any justice in this world. Mind you, if there was Lifesigns would be playing to thousands of people and not 100 (although then I wouldn’t be able to see them in these sort of venues). Their enthusiasm for their music definitely comes across, all 4 of them are brilliant musicians and they manage to play these complex numbers with ease. Jon Poole still managed to find room for his characteristic jumps on the small stage (and thanks to Jon for answering my question in the bar after the gig).

If you haven’t caught this band yet, check them out. They’re booked into the Ramblin’ Man and Cropredy festivals next year and hopefully there will be a new album as well.

chopper View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 14 2015 at 07:08
More details about the band here - http://www.lifesigns.me/
Roj View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 14 2015 at 07:54
Well said Clap.  I missed the band's gig in the North West recently but would love to see them live.  I think the debut album is fantastic.  Looking forward very much to the new one.
chopper View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 14 2015 at 10:36
Originally posted by Roj Roj wrote:

Well said Clap.  I missed the band's gig in the North West recently but would love to see them live.  I think the debut album is fantastic.  Looking forward very much to the new one.
May I suggest the Live at London 2CD/DVD set?

Roj View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 15 2015 at 08:04
Originally posted by chopper chopper wrote:

I've made a subtle hint to the missus by including this near the top of my Christmas List LOL.
chopper View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 15 2015 at 08:57

Originally posted by chopper chopper wrote:

I've made a subtle hint to the missus by including this near the top of my Christmas List LOL.
Clap
Only "near" the top?
 Post Reply Post Reply