Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Suggest New Bands and Artists
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedShining Pyramid (UK) for Crossover Prog

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Shining Pyramid (UK) for Crossover Prog
    Posted: December 18 2015 at 01:56
Shining Pyramid is a progressive rock duo from London. in December 2015, the duo released a pleasant full-lenght s/t debut album which is based on Arthur Machen's gothic story from 1895. i suggested Shining Pyramid due to the cocktail of various 70s progressive genres from symphonic rock to the Berlin School. 

Important links:

yam yam View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 18 2015 at 03:46
The opening track from this album is included on the free CD accompanying issue 62 of 'Prog' magazine. Here's their facebook page (their official website is very basic at the moment). As for a sub genre? - Well, it's definitely prog - wholly instrumental, with mostly ambient textures. It won't fit in PE I don't think, it doesn't sound Symphonic or Neo to these ears, nor does it really have all that much of a Psych/Space vibe to it overall (though it does in places, I suppose). If not Psych/Space then there's only Crossover left it seems, but this doesn't really fit that sub either to my way of thinking. Difficult one.... Confused
 Post Reply Post Reply